PDA

View Full Version : Soaking wet Sunday

PoshPuss
12-06-2011, 09:29 AM
We are having a right old lashing of the wet stuff, not complaining though as long as it's just one day.

Going to stay in and iron later, had a lie-in until 8.30 :shock:
and having lunch with mam and dad at 1 o'clock.a

Had a fab day yesterday such a contrast in weather, even dangled my feet in my friend's pool! Have our own in the yard now :lol:

see ya later!

angieh
12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi PP! sorry about your rain, but we have it too! Not really heavy, what I'd call soft rain, rather nice for the garden. OH took Monty out and they were both rather wet when they came home. I have to do more work today, so couldn't go out with them .... shame!

A pool in your garden???? Are you sure you haven't moved to Hollywood :D Hope her Poshness never falls in!

Prawn curry for supper here as it's a bit wet and chilly. Keep warm and dry folks and Have a Nice Day!

dandysmom
12-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi PP, Angie, those to follow. No rain here. a pleasant sunny morning now at almost 11 am it's 27 C (81 F). Once again t'storms are predicted for afternoon and evening; so far they have all missed the City. We could definitely use a soft rain; everything is terribly dry. Another day of packing: we're on to china this afternoon. I did more paperbacks and another bag of discarded clothes earlier ... no end in sight!! Feels great to have the oxygen off!

Is that a wading pool, PP? Angie, I was hesitating about what to have for dinner .... prawn creole! Only I actually have the smaller shrimp in the freezer, not the large prawns. Thanks, haven't had that a bit, sounds good. !

Hope all are having a great day!~

pamela81
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
hey poshpuss, hope you have a nice dinner at your folks house
Did you get all your work done angie?
Eileen, did you get your things organised?

We had a lazy morning then went to summerlee heritage industrial museum which was good :)

OH is taking his nana to the hospital later as her sister is in for the foreseeable future at the moment.
Did anyone else have probs connectiong to the forum earlier? i tried for a good wee while to log on but couldnt get it to load up as it said work was being done or the site wasnt available.

Im not upto much tonight, jus get things sorted for starting my job tomorrow.

dandysmom
12-06-2011, 04:31 PM
No problem logging on, Pamela, but I rarely run into that maintenance problem because of the 5 hour time difference; it's done by the time I come on. I do get it sometimes in the evening; 10 pm is 3 am there and Az is on doing his wizardry! :D

Best wishes for a great start to the new job tomorrow!

cats' staff
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
A very soggy Sunday here in the East. That is what happens when a drought is declared! Oh well, the house is clean and tidy now. Hope everyone enjoyed their day? Hope your new job goes well tomorrow Pamela. Angie, I'm intriguided by your work- what does transcription involve?

angieh
12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I've sent you a PM, CS!

angieh
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes, I send good luck wishes for your first day in the new job tomorrow too Pamela. Hope all goes well.

Kazz
12-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Yes sorry good luck with your new job tomorrow.

Eileen hope you have a good day viewing the complex.

pamela81
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
thanks everyone :) Its hard to believe that after months of trying to get something full time, i start a full time job tomorrow!! Been getting organised for it, deciding what to wear and actually bought a girlie handbag type thing!!!

I might not be on for a few days until i settle in to the job and im hitting the gym tomorrow night as i havent been in bout 2weeks as i wasnt well with that horrid cold and then OH got it aswell.

Squirrel
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Evening all...

Busy day out for me - and it's just turned overcast and rainy after a day of lovley sunshine - of course I was inside most of it, bt never mind.

Hope everyone is well - and have a good first day at work Pamela. :)

Tink
13-06-2011, 12:06 AM
hi everyone. busy weekend here winding down..
it's fairly nice today, hope it lasts this weather.
tomorrow i will be picking up my new vehicle. we went and test drove it saturday night and shook on it (no banks open on a sat night for me to take out cash). it's a 97 jeep grand cherokee, forest green. i'll take some pix if all goes as planned tomorrow.

dandysmom
13-06-2011, 01:53 AM
A jeep. Tink? :Yes, pics, please......

Tink
13-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Yep, a jeep :D I wanted an SUV or station wagon so this fits the bill. Of course I don't drive very often but should something happen there is no way I could drive K's truck, it is way too humongous. After last year's hospital woes it was really a wake up call I need to have everything in place just in case something goes awry. I love all the space in the back, could easily fit my ferrets and cats back there if there was an emergency. Here's a pic that the seller provided when I first became interested. It looks bigger in the pic than in person, I think. All the same lots of space in back, I am quite tired of a two door. Oh and my current car has completely died by the way and it's just not worth fixing up. Here's my new ride..
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n567/tinxphotos/jeep.jpg

dandysmom
13-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a very practical decision! :D As a non-driver I'm pretty clueless about cars, but that looks to be a nice set of wheels.

Kazz
13-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Woah that looks big to me. Looks like you could get half the neighbourhood in it in an emergency ;)

Tink
13-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Woah that looks big to me. Looks like you could get half the neighbourhood in it in an emergency ;)

lol what can i say i like to be prepared for anything :lol: :-D