PDA

View Full Version : Will it be Wednesday?

Squirrel
08-06-2011, 08:54 AM
OK... Yest my head was a bit all over the place, and I was getting confused with the days of the week, so...

Late time for me to leave today - but that's cause I don't start properly til 9:30, so... Tomorrow I'll start at 8! :shock: Have training, which is luckily only a 10 min walk from the house, but ouch!!!

Bit of an overcast day, but nothing much other than that. However, once I finish with the first thing I'm doing, I'm off to a garden centre - they do have poly tunnels (and I'm informed, delicious strawberries) but I may be quite glad of my waterproof trousers!!!

Have a good day all! :)

PoshPuss
08-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Morning all!

Aren't the strawberries sweet and gorgeous this year ? My efforts have been so lush I have just washed them and popped them in my gob before you can say cream!! :lol:

Heavy showers and very warm here today. Waiting around for carpet fitters to ring. I have the key to my aunt's house and need to let them in, hope they hurry up.

See you later folks x

pamela81
08-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Morning squirrel and posh

Hope your training course goes well squirrel.
Posh, its a nightmare waiting in for people!!

Im going to do some sanding and painting in the house today, nothing too exciting.

Hopefully be at the quiz tonight :)

cats' staff
08-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Hello all, I'm working at home today- also been waiting in, in my case for someone from BT to come and look at our broadband which has been failing regularly. you shoud have heard the language when it kept cutting out as I was trying to copy all the photographs to the poll thread for the photo competition.... the air was blue :oops:
Anyway a nice man turned up as promised and has changed the socket and hub so fingers crossed.
I'm enjoying a Thai style soup which isn't bad considering it is from a tin.
Hope the decorating goes well Pamela and you enjoy your training Squirrel. I hope your carpet fitters turn up as planned Poshpuss. My strawberries also don't get as far as the bowl at the moment!

Shelley123
08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Afternoon all.
Tried to have a nice lie in this morning but got woken up by Jerry crying for his breakfast. He's had a good grooming today as he had lots of fellty lumps down one side. I had to cut some out.
Dogs walked and then spoke on the phone to a lady called Lotte (will tell you a nice story involving her in another thread )

dandysmom
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi, friends! Sunny and another delightfully unseasonable day: currently 28 C (82 F). and it's just a bit after 11 am! :D Nice! Still boxing books, also another box of things like checks, etc. that need to be shredded. Interesting visit to the Apple store yesterday for the new computer; posted a thread.

Hope to see people at the quiz tonight!

PP, hope the carpet fitters show; Squirrel, will you be planting strawberries in the poly tunnels? {Pamela, sanding and painting ...DIY!! Ugh! CS, glad the broadband got fixed; Shelley, look forward to the Lotte story.

Enjoy the day!

Shelley123
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Eileen, how did your appointment go yesterday ?

angieh
08-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi all! I have had a fab day! Went to Mottisfont Abbey Gardens to look at and stick my nose in the roses - absolute heaven. Have loads of photos, so may try selecting the best to put up a thread later.

Just having a cuppa and then OH, Monty and I are off to puppy class - hope to be back in time for the quiz, otherwise will catch up when I can. There is a very small time gap between getting back from class and the quiz and we have to have a bite of something to eat.

Hope others' day went to plan without too many hitches.

dandysmom
08-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Angie, I'll start closer to 8:30; give you a chance to get a bite.

Shelley: thread is called A Visit to the Apple Store .......

Squirrel
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Hello again all...

Wow Angie - that sounds like a busy day!!!

THanks all for the well wishes re: training - that's tomorrow's fun. :)

As for polly tunnels Eileen - fraid not. Didn't even get to taste the strawberries as half the clients expected didn't turn up, and it was to be a bit of a lengthy drive, so I was given work to do in the office... But yes, apparently the strawberries are so nice they never make it off of the grounds!!!

Am wondering if yest's blood tests are now causing havoc with my energy levels. Part of me just want's to go to sleep please... Oh well then!

angieh
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks Eileen!

Yes, how did your appointment go?