PDA

View Full Version : wet tuesday

Shelley123
26-04-2011, 11:08 AM
;) well it is wet here, not the weather, that's ok.
Just had a flood in the bathroom, i was stood at the sink when all of a sudden there was a pop and a whoosh and water pouring out from behind the toilet.
Got a face full of water as i rtied to see what the problem was. We managed to turn the water off at the mains and it seems a pipe has come away from it's joint.
Everything calm and mopped now, just waiting for Howard to come home from work and fix it .
Hope you had a good night with Monty, Angie and get some good news about Pip soon.

Kazz
26-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Woah thats one way to start a morning Shelley. :)
Glad it is nothing more serious.

Anyhow morning all worked till 2 last night and sort of a bit hazy this morning. A lovely day too overcast with white cloud therefore get the feeling it would have been a lot hotter without.

Last day at work today till Saturday. Got hospital Thursday.Just routine.

Want to try and get the stone circle down in the back garden in the next few days then to be able to complete the planting.

Anyhow Eileen hope you are good?
Angie how is Pip and the pup? hope your first night went well the noise is heartbreaking but he has to learn to be alone.

Hope everyone is good Mags how is Mr Mags?

angieh
26-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Woa, Shelley - what a way to start the day indeed! Glad it was nothing worse and has all been sorted.

It's much cooler here, but pleasant. Still sit-outable in, which is great. I'm afraid to say we all had a bad night. :( I will do a different thread because dog owners may be able to offer helpful suggestions!

I will be going out at around 3.00 ish to collect my Pipster. Will report back on what the vet says later.

Have a good day peeps!

Squirrel
26-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Hello all...

Hope that Pip is hoome safe with you now Angie. Sorry to hear about the bad night, will go check in on that thread in a minute...

Enjoy your time off Kazz! :) Hope hosp goes OK on Thurs.

Sorry to hear about your rather wet start to the day Shelley. Glad that you got the water stopped OK, and hope that fixing it is straightforwards!

All well here. On the sleepy side, but think am just going to have to live with that until am off! Oh well, - 4 day weekend coming up! :)

dandysmom
26-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi, all! Lovely unseasonable warmth continues, to my delight: 22 C, (72 F) a little after 11 am . Slightly cloudy as it'd be even nicer if it were clear. Have a checkup this afternoon with the pulmonologist, may be late coming on. No news, all's well.

OMG Shelley, what a mess! Glad you got it cut off. Kazz, late night for you; get some rest today. Angie, sorry the pup (and you!) had a bad night; hope it goes better tonight, and that Pip is home and well!! Yes, how is Mr Mags, thanks for reminding us to ask Kazz!

Have a good day......

Mags
26-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyhow Eileen hope you are good?
Angie how is Pip and the pup? hope your first night went well the noise is heartbreaking but he has to learn to be alone.

Hope everyone is good Mags how is Mr Mags?

OMG Shelley, what a mess! Glad you got it cut off. Kazz, late night for you; get some rest today. Angie, sorry the pup (and you!) had a bad night; hope it goes better tonight, and that Pip is home and well!! Yes, how is Mr Mags, thanks for reminding us to ask Kazz!

Mr Mags is doing fine, thanks ladies.:) Hopefully he will be back to full fitness by the time we go on holiday in June.:)

MrsH
26-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Still nice weather here. Took Morgan's latest urine specimen to the vet this morning but it's not great news, there's still blood in it so he has to have another 7 days of ABs:( This time he's been given Rilexine 600mg so quite a large dose to knock the infection on its head. He's well in himself, not weeing more frequently than usual, just need to get some clear samples now!

lynz85
26-04-2011, 06:48 PM
hi all!

what a horrible start to the day shelley!
poor morgan, hope this round of ab's manage to clear the infection.
hope your checkup shows alls well eileen!

just usual working day, quiet start but got quite busy in the afternoon! payday today, all the bills have been paid and thats me skint for another month lol!!

dandysmom
26-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh, I paid bills today too, and finally moved out the geraniums I'd overwintered. Still need to do the amaryllis .....

Tink
26-04-2011, 09:04 PM
more bad news~
my Dad's kidney disease has progressed to a stage where he needs a donor. his kidneys are only functioning at 16%. my brother has offered to donate.
they are changing his meds to see if it can be stabalized and recheck in a week. if it doesn't work they'll do all the tests necessary to get him transplant.
he's 76 and i only remember him in hospital once when i was a little girl..for kidney stones actually.
tossed and turned in my bed quite a lot last night :(

angieh
26-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh Tink - so sorry for your Dad - hope he can be stabilised so that the transplant can go ahead. Very brave of your brother to offer. My thoughts are with you all.

lynz85
26-04-2011, 09:20 PM
oh no tink, i hope your brothers a match for your dad, keeping all my fingers and toes crossed x x

Mags
26-04-2011, 09:24 PM
So sorry to hear about your Dad, Tink - I hope he'll be able to have a transplant soon.

Tink
26-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks, all.
I would have offered mine but I have had kidney issues, mostly stones, since age of 18. Seems I inherited some problems and I don't know if I could afford to only have one kidney. I am just worried if maybe he doesn't pass a test or for some reason they deny him for transplant or if it doesn't work. My friend's dad died of this once he went on dialysis it wasn't long and I guess I keep thinking of that.
Oddly enough he has been making requests for his burial arrangement the last few weeks, maybe he knew something was amiss and was trying to prepare.

Squirrel
26-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh Tink... That sounds so hard. :bighug: Thoughts with you all.

MrsH
26-04-2011, 10:20 PM
What awful news Tink, and a brave decision for your brother to have made.
:bighug:

dandysmom
26-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm so so sorry, Tink' awful news. :( I do hope he can be stabilized, and if not that he'll go on the wait list for a transplant. There are so many people needing and so few donors........ Prayers coming.

Shelley123
26-04-2011, 10:28 PM
so very sorry to hear about your dad, Tink. I hope everything goes ok for the transplant, it is so brave of your brother.
Mags, i'm glad Mr Mags is ok and hope he's better for your holiday.
MrsH, hope Morgan is soon fully better.
Eileen, i hope your checkup went well

Kazz
27-04-2011, 02:58 AM
so very sorry to hear about your dad, Tink. I hope everything goes ok for the transplant, it is so brave of your brother.
Mags, i'm glad Mr Mags is ok and hope he's better for your holiday.
MrsH, hope Morgan is soon fully better.
Eileen, i hope your checkup went well
I have just got home from work and so am tired and say ...
Ditto the above.