PDA

View Full Version : Lulu update

Shelley123
14-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Here is some good news about Lulu the neglected Cat .
Some of you will remember we took her to her new home with an elderly lady two weeks ago.
We have had news today that she is doing well although is quite nervous, she is hiding quite a bit and ran upstairs everytime the front door opened. Jean has moved her litter tray and drink upstairs and is quite happy for her to be up there. When Jean's daughter and grand children visit she comes down when called and enjoys them making a fuss of her. Unfortunately she still mostly hides from Jean :roll:
Jean is very understanding and is happy to give her the time she needs to settle properly.
Apparently each night when Jean gets into bed and turns out the light, Lulu jumps on the bed, creeps up and sleeps under Jeans arm.
She has gone from being an unwanted cat to a treasured one.:D

lynz85
14-03-2011, 07:54 PM
awww that is cute how she creeps up under her arm. hopefully she will overcome her fear of Jean soon and become a more confident cat, but great progress so far!

dandysmom
14-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh that is such good news! She probably is having difficulty at accepting she's actually indoors, warm, fed, safe and loved. Sounds like good progress to me, and love it that she's sharing the bed now! Do keep us posted when you can, Shelley, well done you!

niki71uk
14-03-2011, 09:09 PM
my cass is like that,seems more secure in the dark,even tho she is nearly 3 and ive had her since she was 6 wks old!!!

pamela81
14-03-2011, 09:15 PM
thats great news that she is settling in eventhough shes nervous.

Kazz
14-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Maybe in Lulu's life open doors mean being put out. Glad the news is good she will soon come to realise that her bread is well and truely buttered there.

angieh
14-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Lovely news. Hope things continue to go well for Lulu and Jean. Well done Shelley, you matchmaker you!

Ollies mum
09-04-2011, 08:35 PM
So glad for Lulu-she seems to have found a really loving home
We lost our Lulu-14 yr old collie cross at the end of January and this post made me think of her and made me cry as we miss her so much
Good luck Jean and thank you from YOUR LULU
Maureen

Shelley123
09-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Maureen, i am sorry for the loss of your Lulu and sorry the post made you cry, i understand, the loss is awful.
Lulu is doing well in her new home, she's following Jean downstairs now everyday and watches tv with her in the evening.

dandysmom
09-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the update on Lulu, Shelley!. I do believe she's settling in ... it will take awhile for her to really feel safe, I suspect.

Shelley123
09-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the update on Lulu, Shelley!. I do believe she's settling in ... it will take awhile for her to really feel safe, I suspect.

She's doing realy well Eileen, Jean is realy pleased with her and loves her to bits. She buys her the best food and says it's the best thing she's ever done, taking Lulu in.
She still runs upstairs when anyone comes to the door, is it possible she thinks she's going to be taken away from her new home ?

Shelley123
09-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Re the other cat from next door, you may remember that Howard built her a house situated in our outside porch. She seems very happy to live in it and is not as needy as Lulu.
Now that the weather is improving she sunbathes on the little house roof.
We feed her the odd meal aand make sure she has water to drink and also remember to give her some attention and things seem fine for her. She doesn't want to come in our house because of the dogs.

Kazz
10-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Some cats are like that, I think cats need us a lot less than dogs. Yet when they realise the true benefits of finding a home and a human who is cat savvy they give so much from the relationship.

I always had the idea my Cleo would be a people cat regardless whereas Oz would have been a none people cat if the cards had turned differently. Very independent cat by nature, yet by nurture a Mommy boy. ;)

Glad Lulu is happy and safe. I imagine as time goes on she will stay downstairs as the door opens. Nice of you to keep an eye on the other cat.

dandysmom
10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Good news about the other cat too! Bless you for helping those two.....:D

angieh
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Very glad to hear that Lulu sounds as if she's settling into her nice new home. Bless your OH for making a house for the other poor cat and that you both look out for him/her. Cats can be very happy living outside in the nicer weather.

Velvet
10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Thats lovely news ;)