PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 10:21 PM
My name is Katie, I live in Scotland and although I do not own a cat at the moment I will be getting a kitten (or two!) within the next couple of weeks (I am in the process of moving house so don't want to have to move kittens from one home to another).

I have only had male cats in the past but love both genders of cats.

I hope everyone and their lovely pets are having a nice evening.

Shelley123
13-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Hello Katie,
welcome to catsey. Hope your house move goes well and you get your kitten or kittens soon.
I have two male tabbies, Tom and jerry

lynz85
13-01-2011, 10:34 PM
hi katie, welcome! i have a male kitten, 5 months old now. 2 will be a bundle of fun!

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Thank you. I nearly ended up with a 4 year old boy from SSPCA called Tim but he had been rehomed the day I called. Doh!

How old are Tom and Jerry? (great names btw)

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks Lynz85. Ahhh I am so excited to be getting a cat. I was living in London for the last 10 years with a flatmate who was allergic so I'm really looking forward to it.

I would love to see a picture of your little one.

That goes for everyone, I love seeing cat pictures.

Phoenix
13-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Welcome to Catsey, looking forward to hear about your kittens (once you've got them) :D

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks rescuecatsrule. Looks like a great community here.

Squirrel
13-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi Katie, and welcome from another Scottish Catsey Katy!

I've got a girlie of about 5 months old who I've named 'Cloud' and she's my first cat, though I've had lots of fun with other peoples before then.

Hope that all goes well with your move, and with adopting some kittens after that.

Phoenix
13-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks rescuecatsrule. Looks like a great community here.

It is, you'll love it here :D If I can help you with anything, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll answer anything you might like to ask :D

When the stupid computer stops messing around :roll:

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi Katy! Cloud is a beautiful name. Quite apt for our climate too.

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 11:22 PM
It is, you'll love it here :D If I can help you with anything, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll answer anything you might like to ask :D

When the stupid computer stops messing around :roll:
Thank you. Just trying to get to grips with posting images. Always my internet bete noire.

Mags
13-01-2011, 11:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Cassie%20welcome/CassieWelcome2.jpg

Hi Katie, welcome to Catsey!

Looking forward to hearing more about your kittens when you have them. Have you decided on names for them yet?

This link (http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195) will help you if you have difficulty posting your pics.

If you need any help with anything, just shout and someone will be along to assist.

Good luck with your move!:)

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks Mags. I really like Scribbles, Solomon or Kenickie for a boy and Sadie for a girl. I'm finding it hard to think of girls names that aren't too "girlie". Any suggestions are welcome.

Mags
13-01-2011, 11:40 PM
How about Bracken for a girl? :)

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 11:47 PM
That's really nice. It's so funny, I don't have kids and never want them but the amount of time I spend thinking about cat names is unreal.

dandysmom
13-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi and welcome. SM! I hope you'll enjoy the friendly forum, just ask if you have any questions. Sometimes that perfect name will just hit you when you actually meet the kitten!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/dandysmom/Avatars%20etc/FotoFlexer_Photo-2.jpg

StrictMachine
13-01-2011, 11:51 PM
What a beauty Leia is. Thank you.

calismum
13-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi there from another Scot. Love the name scribbles btw.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd360/calismum/PC080470-1.gif

My girls are just 6 months old and are looking forward to hearing all about your kittens once you move.

dandysmom
14-01-2011, 12:00 AM
What a beauty Leia is. Thank you.

She had been named, and knew it, when I rehomed her. Not a name I would have chosen, but it fits her: she acts with all the regality of a princess. Very laid back, a big girl (14 pounds), will be 12 in March. My pride and joy ... and a excellent mouser for an indoor cat! :mrgreen:

StrictMachine
14-01-2011, 12:02 AM
They are gorgeous! I love grey/silver cats.

Who would have thought I would have found Scottish cat owners tonight, I love it!

StrictMachine
14-01-2011, 12:04 AM
@ Dandysmom I never even thought of the Star Wars reference! In my defence I have never seen the films. She is very regal looking though.

Squirrel
14-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi Katy! Cloud is a beautiful name. Quite apt for our climate too.

Thanks! I met her and her siblings with no intention of adopting one of them, though having seen pics I rather thought she was the one I'd want if I took any. The visit cinched it - she was one of the only 2 who sat on my lap for a visit (the other was already claimed!), and I found myself sitting up half the night trying to work out what to call her if I did get her...

Eventually I realised that her colouring is grey (veyr dark grey!) and white (she was refered to as G&W by the friend who introduced me to the kittens and the person who was looking after 'mum') and then I twigged that clouds can be grey and white, and the name stuck with me!

Of course, having named her, I then Had to get her!!! :roll:

StrictMachine
14-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I had fallen in love with a couple of kittens in Bonnyrigg called Scribbles and Simba (I would have re named Simba) but I couldn't take them because the Lothian Cat Rescue don't adopt to the borders. But the name Scribbles has stayed with me.

dandysmom
14-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Funny how a name can stick with us ... for some reason I always wanted to call a cat Tiggles, none of mine ever suited it. but mentioned it to a friend here and we now have a Catsey Tiggles!

And Taz .... short for the Tazmanian Devil of cartoon fame ........

dandysmom
14-01-2011, 12:39 AM
@ Dandysmom I never even thought of the Star Wars reference! In my defence I have never seen the films. She is very regal looking though.

LOL, she does regal very well .... also silly poses washing up and/or soliciting tummy rubs!! I never saw the Star Wars movies either, but her previous owner obviously had. She was just about 5 months old when I got her.

Velvet
14-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Hi
Welcome to Catsey

We have two kittens. Tim aged 8 months & Amber 6 months.

Look forward to chatting

angieh
14-01-2011, 11:55 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Catsey/P1030743-1.jpg

Hi there! Hope your house move goes well and that you will soon have kittens or cats to keep you company :lol:

pamela81
14-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey Katie, Welcome to the forum

a big hi from me and Harris, look forward to hearing about and seeing pics of your ew additions :)

StrictMachine
14-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Another Scot!? There must be something in the water! Thanks for your welcome.

Sigh, I wan't to go and get some goodies for my Friday night on the Sofa but the weather is wild outside.

pamela81
14-01-2011, 04:58 PM
its the same here. Im waiting for the OH to come home, he was working in inverness today. Need to decide on what we are having for dinner tonight which will most probably mean a trip to asda in the horrid weather :(

Theres a few scots on this which is great but everyone from all over thats on this are really friendly. I had loads of questions when i first got harris (he was 5 month at the time) as ive never had a cat before. I joined in august but in a good way it feels like ive been a member longer than that!!!

StrictMachine
14-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm on my tod tonight and my chocolate and bottle of wine is not going to buy itself so I'm just going to make a run for it.

Be careful if you are driving, ITV weather says there are gale force winds and at least 3 inches of rain for most of the UK.
*Runs to nearest shop*