PDA

View Full Version : Breagh - my wee catling

calismum
09-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Wee soul has been through the mill in the last two days.

Got spayed Friday. Kept at vet overnight to be with her sister. Came home Saturday, managed to remove a stitch, back to the vet to get it replaced. - I never thought (dense moment) but she had to be sedated again to have it put back in. Came home very 'drunk'. Has slept for 6 hours and now is wearing one of those awful collars.

So what is her reaction to all this? The wee angel is trying to play retrieve with me.

Aww bless.

lynz85
09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
aww wee love, you do feel awfully sorry for them, they dont understand, they are just like 'whyyy?'! im sure she'l better after a wee potter around and a good sleep tonight! no doubt trying to get the collar off!!

calismum
09-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Just had discussion with OH and I'm going to sleep in the living room with them tonight. If I go to bed I'll just be up and down like a yoyo. This way all are happy except perhaps Cali who will want to be in both places lol.

Velvet
09-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Oh goodness that was awful and those awful collars - is it the victorian hood type or plastic bucket as my mum calls them? Amber was such a hoodini in getting hers off

Did they get the dissolvable stitches or do they have to go back and get them out?

Glad she is feeling well enough to play

Hugs

dandysmom
09-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Poor wee girlie, hope she's feeling a lot better tomorrow.

I've often wondered why more vets don't use the dissolving stitches. Someone ask the next time that they're at the vets? PL?

Squirrel
09-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Poor wee girlie. Least she's obivously chirpy with it! Hope you didn't have too hard a night getting to sleep - and that all OK over night.

calismum
09-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Oh goodness that was awful and those awful collars - is it the victorian hood type or plastic bucket as my mum calls them? Amber was such a hoodini in getting hers off

Did they get the dissolvable stitches or do they have to go back and get them out?

Glad she is feeling well enough to play

Hugs

It's the plastic bucket :( SHe is much better in herself this morning. Izzi is back to normal and yowling for attention.

I've often wondered why more vets don't use the dissolving stitches. Someone ask the next time that they're at the vets? PL?

Vet had said he was going to glue!!! but decided stitches were more suitable.

calismum
09-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Poor wee girlie. Least she's obivously chirpy with it! Hope you didn't have too hard a night getting to sleep - and that all OK over night.

Yes, she's fine now - OH calling her Noddy as she nods with each step :(

I slept on and off - due to Izzi thinking it was a new game and Breagh trying to get under the cover, which was never going to happen easily with that 'bucket'on her head!

angieh
09-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Poor little catlings ...... they are remarkable though, aren't they? No lying around feeling sorry for themselves, but up and about and only restricted by the awful (but practical) collars.

They do have my sympathy and cuddles, ((((HUGS)))) to you too CM for your restless night. Hope it's better tonight.

Shelley123
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Glad the girls are getting better CM.

pinklizzy
09-01-2011, 07:27 PM

We do sometimes use dissolvable sutures, especially in feral cats that have been trapped for neutering. These sutures can be more fiddly and time consuming to place so to avoid a longer anaesthetic some vets will opt to put the normal skin sutures in. It can come down to the vet's personal preference, sometimes too there is just too much 'stuff' under the skin which seems to delay healing in individual cases (this is more something I've seen rather than proven scientifically)

Imogen had a midline incision when she was spayed, I took her collar off when I went home for lunch one day and she managed to pull 2 stitches out in 2 seconds flat! :shock:
I was able to hold her while the vet popped in some surgical staples.
Glad Breagh is doing ok now though x

dandysmom
09-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for explaining that, PL! Misty had the dissolvable ones, Leia's were bright purple and I had to take them out myself!

Tink
09-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh, to be young and full of exuberance..I'm glad they seem to not be phased too much :D

cats' staff
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I hope her bounce is fully restored!

pamela81
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
aww wee soul, hope see feels better soon xx