PDA

View Full Version : Muddy bottom

farthing
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
We have drawn a blank with finding pig pens, so decided we would have to take the pen Gigi and Scarlett were using and cobble it together with another frame. We were thinkign- 'we'll just roll it out of the field, lift it onto the trailer and tow it into the new paddock!'

The mud was half way up our wellies and before I even got to the pig arc I was on my bum- my feet moved but the wellies stuck. I got up and we started pushing, the arc don't budge and inch, now this may not surprise sensible people- the arc is 8' x 6' and had a heavy metal frame and is then lined with marine ply- but we were convinced we could do it. After a lot of pushing and giggling we gave up and because Mike was laughing at me for falling in the mud, I decide I'd get him.......bad idea, I fell over again. While I went and had a bath, Mike asked the neighbour if he would use his JCB to move it. So the arcs are in position, the posts are in position and all we have to do tomorrow is put everything together before 2pm!

dandysmom
06-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh farthing, I shouldn't laugh, but you put it so well ... could just see the two of you struggling and falling in the mud!! And you both with the flu, too! :shock: Hope you're feeling better.... maybe a mud bath helps?? :mrgreen:

angieh
06-11-2010, 09:45 PM
It's a good thing piggies like mud! Yes, I do hope that it has helped you feel better - the laughing would have helped I'm sure!

yola
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Ah - mud and wellies; sounds like you were having a Margot Leadbetter 'muddy moment'. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-mZaphP5U

calismum
06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044

I can fully sympathise - I've lost a few wellies in the mud. For a while I had two odd wellies! Your description did make me chuckle.

Hope you get all built in time tomorrow!