PDA

View Full Version : Monday is mad (well it is here!)

calismum
27-09-2010, 11:04 AM
We have men fixing the drive, men preparing the house for painting, dog barking at all the windows a strange head appears at and 2 kittens doing their best to escape. A feed lorry has arrived, I have a vet apointment for 2nd jabs at 1.30 and OH has just asked if I'll do lunch for 6!!!

Enjoy the day peeps.

EmmaG
27-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Afternoon all, at work at the moment which is fairly busy.

Going to gym later and then off home and make some chicken soup with the remains of the chicken from yesterday.

Have a good afternoon all.

angieh
27-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi CM, Emma and all to follow!

The sun has just decided to come out here which is good as there is washing on the line. OH and I have bottled up raspberry vodka, plum vodka, blackberry brandy and cherry brandy this morning. Apart from sloes for which we will wait until we've had a frost, that's the end of our alcoholic endeavours for this year. All the bottles are stored away in a dark cool chest until they are presented as presents to lucky recipients. Hopefully we will have done enough to go round. The kitchen work surfaces got a bonus clean with left over Mlton fluid.

Still trying to sort out stuff from the loft, so I will be continuing with that this afternoon.

Do hope Izzy and Breagh are good at the vet CM and don't escape! Sounds fairly chaotic at your place today. I'd also be checking the pockets of your lunch guests to make sure there's no kitten-napping going on!!! (That's what you'd have to do with me if I came calling :lol: :lol: :lol: )

MrsH
27-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Had an optician's appointment this morning, all singing all dancing new machinery diagnosed very healthy eyes so that was good! I do need new specs though as I'm getting more long-sighted, it's 3 years since I last had new ones anyway. :shock::shock: at the price however!

Then it was off to the jewellers to get my engagement ring enlarged because of my arthritic knuckles, quite surprised that it was only going to cost £30. I also had a gold "gate style" bracelet that need repair as some of the links had come loose, but I was told that each link costs about £28 to fix so it would be well over £100 for a repair to a 9ct bracelet, seemed just too much. Weighed for scrap it's worth only £51 so I'll have to think what to do, OH says I should go ahead with the repair.

Went to Boots and bought some of their magic serum (3 for 2, I like to stock up!) and got my eyebrows threaded while I was in town, OH hasn't noticed yet so perhaps they weren't as hairy as I thought :lol:

dandysmom
27-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi all! Dreadful weather, but I mustn't complain after the spell of lovely sunny warm weather; currently 22 C (71 F), 87% humidity and raining. Still. Rained at night, will rain today, tonight and until mid day Tuesday. We do need it, but.....
Staying indoors and having a lazy do-nothing sort of day.

Oh wow, CM, pandemonium at your place! Hope all goes well at the vets! Angie, you have some lucky friends who'll get their gifts. MrsH, I had a broken rather heavy gold link bracelet and recently decided to sell rather than repair it ... was pleased to get $229.00 ! Emma, the chicken carcass does make lovely soup, doesn't it?

Have a nice day!

Shelley123
27-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello everyone, you have been busy on the alcohol front Angie, they all sound lovely.
CM hope those little Kitties have gone on all right at the Vets.
MrsH re the bracelet i suppose it depends whether it has much sentimental value.
Emma hope your Chicken soup was good.
Eileen hope you are enjoying your do nothing day.
I've been to work this morning. am doing extra hours now and working an extra day.

Kazz
27-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Afternoon all.

Back on days and home from work now......confused .....so am I. ;)
Anyhow been to work, busy today got a new boss my direct manager that is and still finding our feet together he started while I was off.....but he is nice and we will chunter along fine. I do with most people.

Anyhow had pasta and gammon for dinner lovely, just off to buy and collect some bags of gravel from work, as well as some bits and pieces, oh I have some rubbish round the skip on the way.

I intend to finish the front tomorrow......SHOCK HORROR.......at last!!!! I hear you all cry; so regardless of the weather tomorrow I will finish it. Then take pictures, to show you.

I have plans for the back garden too ........which I intend to start shortly. Big bold plans that will have you amazed and awestruck.......(I am jesting)

Anyhow glad you are all well everyone seems tob e so busy my days seems dull by comparison, but I think you will agree I am buzzing with energy now. STILL BEIUNG CAREFUL THOUGH. (just in case you had doubts ;))

Tink
27-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Afternoon, all.
Fell asleep on the couch last night. Was watching the clouds drift overhead out of the big window and must have dozed off.
Searched through the change bowl and found enough for a pack of smokes; at least this time I'll know that I'm smoking my last--mornings are when I'm most vulnerable. I don't nearly need to smoke as much as night and I just had to have my fix this morning; I know it's bad, but oh well; I'd rather be Aware I was about to quit than given the rude surprise of yesterday. More chance for success if I actually got to say goodbye to my smokes in my own way..
Overcast yet oddly muggy at 73. The air feels sticky.
Saw a squirrel bounding across the street on my way to the smoke shop today and immediately thought of you, Eileen :lol:
Think I will make some cake today. Yellow with no frosting in cupcake fashion :wink:
Today should be better as I've had my morning nicotine now; yesterday I stared and disliked things for most of the day :roll:
Have a good day, everybody :wink:

dandysmom
27-09-2010, 08:13 PM
LOL, it does make me smile when people see a squirrel and think of me! Why no frosting, that's the best part of the cake. My Mom made a marvellous chocolate cake with fudge icing and it used to annoy her that I always ate the cake first and saved the nice thick fudgy icing for last . :roll: :mrgreen:

Tink
27-09-2010, 08:39 PM
LOL, Because the cake was on sale but frosting was not :lol:
Also, when I was a kid I used to scrape of all the frosting and just eat the cake, don't know why :-D It has to be a very, very good frosting for me to enjoy it :wink:

Shelley123
27-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Looking foward to seeing pics of your garden , kazz. Our gardens are very ordinary as i don't realy enjoy gardening as a hobby. For me it's just another job i'm afraid but i do like it to look decent and i enjoy sitting in it ;)
Tink, good luck with giving up the smokes, i hope you are successful.
Have been getting the questions organised for quiz night.

dandysmom
27-09-2010, 09:57 PM
LOL, Because the cake was on sale but frosting was not :lol:
Also, when I was a kid I used to scrape of all the frosting and just eat the cake, don't know why :-D It has to be a very, very good frosting for me to enjoy it :wink:

Want my Mom's recipe for fudge icing?

Tink
27-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Ooh, sure--I could use it for Christmas baking!! :D

dandysmom
28-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Ooh, sure--I could use it for Christmas baking!! :D

Posted on the Home section. Hope you like it.

Edited: got moved to the Recipe Sticky ....