PDA

View Full Version : Which insurance?

curlylisa29
07-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Evening everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company to use? I've had Poppy nearly a month and her 4 weeks free insurance with Petplan is due to run out at the weekend. I've been told that Petplan are very good but they seem to be very expensive!

Any suggestions please? Ta

angieh
07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I am with Petplan.

Or rather two of my three cats are ...... I have yet to insure the 3rd!

curlylisa29
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Do you think they are more expensive than other companies or are you happy with them?

angieh
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I went with them because they do have a good reputation of paying up when needed - you do really only find out how good your insurance is (or otherwise!) when you need to claim. I have just had the insurance for Kizzy and Pip for just over a year and haven't had to claim.

It's really like all insurance policies - very expensive if you don't use it, but if you do .............. vet bills can be huge and no-one really wants to put a price on what they can pay for their pets' health care. It gives me peace of mind.

calismum
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I too am with Petplan for the dogs and the cats. I have been very lucky with cats in the past but no matter how much I pay them for the dogs I have had much, much more from them.

I think it is more expensive yes, but I have a few friends who have had delays or problems with other companies. One has recently moved back to pet plan after a few issues with the company she used.

dandysmom
08-09-2010, 02:03 AM
I can't comment on plans (wrong side of the Pond) but do definitely agree that the price is well worth the peace of mind. Emergencies and surgeries can be horrendously expensive.

curlylisa29
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your help everyone!!