PDA

View Full Version : More savings - home insurance renewals

EmmaG
11-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Just had our home insurance policy for this year in the post, it has risen by over £200 (no claims by us and no changes to the policy)

Checked on some of the comparision websites and it would appear that we can get it £300 cheaper.

Phoned up the insurance company and they would not price match (they did last year - after trying to increase it by over £200)

So we have changed insurance and saved ourselves £280!! for an identicial policy.

So my advice - check to see if you are paying too much for your insurance. :-D

Shelley123
11-01-2010, 11:19 PM
The same thing happened to us a few years ago, we found a cheaper insurance on a comparison website. Like yours our original company wouldn't match the price so we swopped and saved ourselves quite a bit of money

Kazz
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Well waiting for this years home insurance policy to pop on the mat and have just go myself some quotes so can see me sdoind a little hard bartering this year.....the joy of recuping at home.....

angieh
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
It really is worth checking before every renewal isn't it? We will be checking our gas and electricity supplier too as we've just had a letter telling us that fuel prices are going up again.

dandysmom
05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Everything goes up! My health insurance Medigap policy increased by $200.00 this year, only one claim for a routine checkup; property tax up too even though assessed valuation went down for the whole neighborhood ... there is no end!! Bah!