PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Daily

yola
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Morning! Here I am in bed with my laptop (first time ever I've used it in bed), as Sebi's at home with what I suspect is flu (fever, no appetite, aches, sore throat, runny nose, cough) but hopefully not the dreaded swine flu. He's lolling against me watching kids' TV so I'm staving off madness with the PC (and keeping an eye on my work email).

Earlier rain has given way to bright sunshine. OH has taken Domi to school and called to report a horrible car/pedestrian accident just up the hill from us. I hope the young woman wasn't too badly hurt.

Will be here on and off today as not much else to do!!

Tink
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh dear, I hope you feel better. I had the flu a few weeks ago and it was not fun!
Today is payday so just crunching some numbers on how to spend it this month in the wisest way. Have a few things I'll need to order online and will save the rest for the weekend.
Bitingly cold in the evening now...especially since our fireplace has died on us. But I guess that's what the oven is for :lol: It actually doesn't do too badly :-)

angieh
03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Morning Yola - sorry to hear that Sebi is not well. Best place to be when you're small and not well is with your mum.

Brightish here - a few heavy spots of rain that just petered out. I am "a lady who lunches" today - off to the Tea Room at Stansted Park to meet a couple of ladies I work for for a nice light lunch. So may not be around much until later this afternoon.

My gardening chap is cheerfully doing his penance for the dogwoods by planting my last bag of tulips in the space around where the dogwoods were! The rather nice box that the tulip bulbs came in has been commandeered by Kizzy and Pip - I will try and get some photos!

Morning Tink - sorry our posts crossed. I wasn't ignoring you!

Have a good day all.

Tink
03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
No worries, Angie :-)

dandysmom
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi all. Weather continues weird here; already 15 (60 F) before lunch and sunny but very breezy. Normal high is 10 at this time of year; and the first snow (aaugh!!) is being forecast for Saturday! No accumulation, they say... we shall see. No news here, no errands today and my bi-weekly grocery order is coming. Having a friend over for drinks this afternoon, I'm having problems with my new CD player and the AC adapter; hopefully he'll be able to get it working!

Sorry little Sebi's poorly, Yola; hope he's better soon. Have a nice lunch, Angie; Tink, can you get the fireplace fixed?? Gets pretty cold in your neck of the woods!

Tink
03-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Don't know, Eileen. Money is kind of tight for a professional. K would dive into fixing it himself if he wasn't worried about the gas line. We have some electric heaters in our bedrooms so it's just the living room/kitchen/fish room that get very cold so what we have been doing so far is just turning the oven on high and cracking the door and warming it up that way :lol:

dandysmom
03-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Brrrrr! That's going to be a nasty gas bill! Not to mention the electric bill! Hope you have some thermal long johns.......

Phoenix
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Evening all :D

Dylan's nearly shredded his catnip mouse - think he might need a new one by Christmas :roll: :lol: He was rolling around with it today determined to shred it completely :lol:

I've taken up playing the recorder again today, not played it in front of Dylan so don't know what his response would be (probably "mouse!!! must find it and kill it!!!" :roll: )

I think that's just about all our news for the day :D

Leesy
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi All,
Had such a busy hectic kind of rushing around day where no matter how busy you are you never seem to get anything done, I just hate those kind of days:evil: .

Sorry to hear that Sebi is poorly, a good snuggle with mummy does go along way though, do hope he starts feeling better soon.

Tink - I do hope you manage to get your fireplace sorted out we wouldn`t want you to get that cold that you can`t come and speak to us on Catsey;) .

Glad to hear that you are getting your bulbs planted Angie will look forward to seeing some pics in the Spring and also I hope you get some pics of Pip & Kizzy in the box:D

DM- I do hope you have managed to sort out your CD player and adaptor.

Ooooooh I used to play the recorder when I was at school RCR, never was very good at it though so I hope you are better at it than I was:roll:

Hope everbody has had a good day Pauline, M&M:D

alexgirl73
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Just to let everyone know I may not be around for a bit. My darling grandma passed away this morning, and while the funeral is probably not until the end of next week, I'm not really up for posting anywhere. Will catch up on all news when I am able to xx

dandysmom
03-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Alex, so very sorry to hear your news; (((hugs)))

Leesy
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh Alex so sorry to hear your sad news, will be thinking about you and your family ((HUGS)) x.

Tink
03-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry Alex. Hugs and love sent your way. Please do take care.

angieh
04-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Many condolences Alex to you and your family.

Mags
04-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Alex.

Thinking of you and your family (((hugs)))