PDA

View Full Version : Frosty Tuesday

angieh
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Our first frost last night, as promised by the forecasters. Very glad OH and I managed to pop out yesterday afternoon and put straw in the crown of the tree fern and wrap it up in horticultural fleece. The pineapple lilies are also in the greenhouse. Nothing else is vulnerable this year. It's only 4 atm and seems to be clouding over a bit.

A lovely bright morning, that wind has dropped but OH did have to scrape his car as he headed out to play golf and wondered when the course would open as they have to wait for the frost to clear first. I went out at 11 and it had all gone - lots of floodles in the lane - it was quite bad yesterday and I couldnt' get to the chemist because there was a flood all along the entrance. Had to go out again in the afternoon.

I am MIL and cat sitting today and going to see if I can at least start puting photos in my new album ..... I keep getting sidetracked or need to do something else. More laundry today too and then my dietary review later this afternoon. Will I have managed to lose that magical 1 stone? Last time I was weighed I had lost 7 kilos in total, which is just slightly off the stone I think. I'm still more comfortable with imperial weights and measures!

Have a good day everyone and try and keep warm. I have my fisherman's sweater on and have got my scarf, gloves and hat out of their summer resting place. Kizzy is out - she has such a lovely thick fur coat and doesn't care about the weather, unless it's too hot.

Leesy
01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi all,
I have had a bit of a lazy morning this morning, I have just been pottering about doing bits of washing and house work, then had a lovely soak in the bath and just had some dinner.
Off on the school run later so peace will end there lol:lol: .

Weather has also been very frosty here I will certainly be wearing my woolies when I go outside, does anybody know wether we will be getting any snow for Crimbo day, it would be nice wouldn`t it?

Have a great day everybody Pauline, M&M:D

MrsH
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Angie 1 stone is 6.35 kilos, so 7 kilos is a good weight loss, it's over a stone! well done!

I like frosty weather, proper December conditions! I'm doing a bit of laundry right now, got the sheets in the dryer and I think I'll swap the lightweight duvet for the warmer one now. I don't like an overwarm bed but 4.5 togs just isn't enough now!

(keep it to yourself, don't mention it aloud.........but...........nothing has broken down today........yet!)

angieh
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for that MrsH - I've already lost a whole stone then? And I could have been cheering for a whole month???? Wonder what will happen later though......... have I been careful enough??

Leesy
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for that MrsH - I've already lost a whole stone then? And I could have been cheering for a whole month???? Wonder what will happen later though......... have I been careful enough??

Oooooops sorry Angie, meant to mention that but then forgot as I was typing :oops: :oops: , any way well done girl that is great, wish I had lost some before Christmas as I always put weight on.

Just be careful and then you won`t put it back on or if you do put some on maybe not all of it.;)

yola
01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Very cold here this morning, there was a thick crust of ice over the car. it's now overcast and although chilly nothing like earlier. Not much to report, things just moving along here slowly and steadily.

Well done Angie on the weight loss - wish I had some kind of motivation to get me going *reaches for another choccie* :D

dandysmom
01-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Bright sunshine but a bit brisk today, 7 (46 F), as the wind is making it feel cooler. Definitely woolies, thermals, muffler and gloves on he market run this morning. We haven't had the first frost in the City yet, but looks as if it'll be here later in the week, so I've been carrying in the pot plants from the patio:have 8 amaryllises and two orchids in; will let the geraniums stay out a bit longer.

Well done, Angie! Hang in there, it's hard to be good at the holiday season with all those yummy things available. MrsH, fingerrs crossed re your appliances!

Staywarm and dry, friends!

angieh
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Another .4kg lost. Not a lot, but any loss is OK with me.

dandysmom
01-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Well done, Angie, keep it up!