PDA

View Full Version : Super Sunday!

dandysmom
29-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice break from the recent spell of chilly rainy weather; it's warmed up to 12 (54F) degrees and not a cloud in the sky, the high winds have died down. Walked to the market instead of taking the bus as it was so pleasant. Leia's soaking up the sun in the back room: we're both contented with the day. Course, it's going to rain Monday and turn sharply colder, but carpe diem! :D

Changed avatar; got that nice close-up last night...you like?

Hope it's a good day for all...what is everyone up to?

angieh
29-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Great close-up of HRH, Eileen! Very smart new avatar.

Weather here following the same pattern as for the last few days - started nice and deteriorates quickly! Very heavy showers, strong winds and sometimes hail with the rain - and "they" say it will get down to freezing in London Monday night, so I must wrap up my tree fern tomorrow. We've not had frost yet here. I suspect that this will have been the wettest November for a very long while. Glad you have had a warm day and made the most of it.

Well, I've sorted out my old photos into both sides of the family, now to put them in my new album. I read somewhere that with organising old photos you should let your heart rule your head for once and keep anything you want because it is not replaceable. Some of the old format photos are so small, it's hard to recognise faces, so I've had the magnifying glass out - and there they are, quite clearly seen, photos from 30s and 40s of my mum and her brothers and sisters - all very recognisable. I shall be able to chuck out a couple of very musty old albums, but I must remember to make notes of some dates first. I found a cousin that I didn't know I had - probably a second cousin - I get confused about distance with cousins!

Hope everyone has had an enjoyable Sunday.

calismum
29-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi all. Weather today been v cold and crisp with a strong, cold easterly wind. Lost half the roof off the hen run last night, had to retrieve it from neighbouring field. Now well battoned down.

Although cold and windy I'm just so pleased to have no rain. Managed to do quite a bit of garden tidy up - I have a rose still with two buds on it, think the plants have been quite confused with the mild autumn/winter.

OH has been out working all day and has come home extremely chilled so has retired to a hot bath for an hour long soak - then I'm promised an Indian takeaway - trying to decide what to have - Rogan Josh, Biryani, Chesni oh so much choice.

Cali has had a great day helping me retrieve fallen twigs and branches from the yard (I pick them up, put them in a pile and she retrieves them!!)

Just glad to be cosied up to the fire now - wind still quite fierce.

Like the close up DM.

Leesy
30-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I love the close up pic DM it is very nice:D .

Been mega busy all day wallpapering, it seemed strange as we have just had paint on the walls for years and years, but we decided to freshen things up and go for a different look, so we have just wallpapered one wall as a feature wall and in the alcoves of the chimmey breast.
It does look nice I must say:D .

Hope everybody has had a great day Pauline, M&M:D

dandysmom
30-11-2009, 12:30 AM
You can do wallpaper yourselves? Wow, I'm impressed! (All thumbs non DIY here.)

Tink
30-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Had a migraine and threw up and feel better now.
Got some food down which is helping too.
Had last awkward visit with sister n law and fiance and they are off and I'm just going to take it easy now the rest of the day.

dandysmom
30-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Relax and do take it easy, Tink, been a rough spell lately; you deserve some peace and quiet!