PDA

View Full Version : Electrical appliances grrrr!

MrsH
29-11-2009, 04:59 PM
We're having a terrible time lately with household electricals, must be a bad fairy got it in for us :evil: it's all getting bloomin' expensive!

Over the past couple of months -
the electric toothbrush gave up the ghost
the tv cable box stopped working (we were without tv for 6 days before Virgin could fit us in :roll: )
the cats chewed through the keyboard cable on the pc
and just this week - the food processor had to be replaced
the coffee maker died
and now the cats have chewed through the mouse cable on the pc! :smt071
oh yes, just a bit earlier the coffee grinder broke down too.

I so hope there's nothing else going to happen! We've had our lighting circuit condemned by our electrician who's going to try to fit us in for rewiring before Christmas and the battery's flat on my car!

Still, we've got our health and each other, so it's not all bad!

dandysmom
29-11-2009, 05:27 PM
OMG, not good!!! One blasted thing after another; I do hope this is the last of it.

Angie had some good info about cable covers to prevent cats chewing on them; will try and see if I can locate that thread for you. (((hugs)))

Moli
29-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Why is it when one things goes, they all go!!!

calismum
29-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Poor you - really having a time of it. It always seems to me when one goes it's as if the rest come out in sympathy.

Hope that is the end of it.

angieh
29-11-2009, 07:03 PM
That's a real shame, MrsH - still a good reason to get a nice wireless keyboard and mouse. Cats can't chew wireless wires!

(Pip had the Wii cable after only a few days! We've got a wireless one of those now too.)

Leesy
30-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Hope that is the last of your bad luck on the electrical appliances, couldn`t you get your cats to chew up the bad fairy that has jinxed everything;) .