PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy arrives tomorrow!

farthing
20-11-2009, 11:28 PM
We are collecting Fluffy at 5pm tomorrow, she is cat number 11 and hyperthyroid cat number 6, I will be a cat expert at giving tablets soon!

We have to wait for the vet to come and check Gigi the pig as we think she has an ear infection and we need to get the sheeps' winter paddock organised, so she is coming in the evening.
I now have a little confession to make, Fluffy is long haired and I've always loved DLH ( or my dream cat would be a Norwegian Forest), so at last my wish has come true. Apparently, she doesn't like being groomed at the moment, I'm sure I can deal with that.:lol:

dandysmom
20-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing pics of Fluffy! I hope you can gradually get her to enjoy a gentle grooming.

Moli
20-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I too am looking forward to the pictures, sure she will come to love grooming after a time with you...

angieh
21-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Hope Fluffy settles well!

(I too love long haired cats, but have never had one! A gorgeous black girl - not sure she was a she, but she acted like one - with the most amazing emerald eyes used to visit us, very friendly and used to let me pick her up and cuddle her. Sadly, I haven't seen her for ages.)

farthing
21-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Well, she's here. I don't have a photo yet, just left her to settle, but she is like a long haired version of my Smudge- grey and white. She seems affectionate, although we'll find out tomorrow morning how cuddly she is when she gets her tablets. She's a bit knotted, but rather than try to groom them out I'll just cut them off once she know me a bit better.
She's a very pretty little girl.

farthing
23-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I got Fluffy's notes faxed through from her previous vets today. I did ask if she had been tested for FIV/Felv and was told she had- there is no mention of it on her notes, so I will have to have her tested again. There is a fundraiser by the rescue who took her is, but it is still a bit annoying if she turns out positive, she's been an outdoor cat all her life. If she is positive, I will have to hope she will settle in with Tabatha, but its still a worry.
I also suspect she will need a dental once she is stable, but we will deal with that when the time comes.

yola
24-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Glad to hear Fluffy's arrived. I hope her tests come back clear and she can enjoy a new life with you both.