PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Saturday!

angieh
14-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Right - roll call everyone please. I need to know that my Catsey chums are OK.

I am first calling in - Angieh and family all OK!

Does anyone hear from Dinahsmum? Dorset has been badly affected.

alexgirl73
14-11-2009, 11:26 AM
we're all ok here, the garden is a bit of a mess, and Broxi still isn't home though :(

angieh
14-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Glad you're all safe. So very sorry to hear Broxi isn't home yet.

Mags
14-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Torrential rain and gales throughout the night here........... couple of large plant pots blown over in the night, no other damage.

DM is ok, sounds like she had the same force storm as us.

Stay safe everyone.

MrsH
14-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Glad I don't have to go out today, doggie can manage without a walk in the woods today methinks, it's a bit scary in there when the trees are thrashing about and anyway our dog doesn't like being out in the rain! We've got horribly soaked twice this week so far as it is!

No storm damage here but then it's not been so bad as in the SW. The bird table and the incinerator were blown over but that's all.

Hope everyone is snuggled up, safe and warm. Sorry Broxi isn't home yet.

smudgley
14-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Smudgley checking in, after a very exciting few days away. thankfully our ferry crossing was ok to get home last night, but the weather literally turned ferocious (sp) as we left the docks. the pups were fantastic, got home at 3am so a bit tired today.
weather wet & cold here in Smudgley-land.

Mags
14-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Smudgley checking in, after a very exciting few days away. thankfully our ferry crossing was ok to get home last night, but the weather literally turned ferocious (sp) as we left the docks. the pups were fantastic, got home at 3am so a bit tired today.
weather wet & cold here in Smudgley-land.
Glad you had a good time and arrived back home safely, Smudgley.:)

angieh
14-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I didn't realise you were coming back from Ireland last night Smudgley! Glad you are home safe and sound and the pups too!

PS. Our fence on part of the south border has bust. OH and I have been out and tied it in several places to a couple of trees. It was going to fall into our neighbour's garden. She has it laden on her side with climbing plants!

janey83
14-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Afternoon all,

Its not been too bad here today but the wind is picking up now.

I won £5.10p on the Euromillions yesterday... I'll try not to spend it all at once lol... Goes to put the lotto one for tonight.

Have a good day all.

jan
14-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Hya from wet and windy Leicestershire,
I have to confess not ventured out today, have a cold and feel exhausted after a hectic week so staying in with the tele, the pc and my phone! But its wet, windy and horrible out there, tho I think my pot s and my bird table have withstood the gales. My fences blew down many gales ago and I have conifers planted instead - they seem to withstand the winds better! Hope everyone has a calm relaxed rest of the weekend. Jan x ;)

dandysmom
14-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Very relieved that all of you reporting in have survived the horrid weather! Sounds like a real monster of a storm.

Gloomy here, but the rain is finally gone, it's warming up a tad, 13 (55F) degrees and the sun is making a valiant effort to burn thru the clouds. Tomorrow's supposed to be lovely: sunny and warm. I'm ready for it. Just my usual library run this morning; no news. Have a nice day, people.

Phoenix
14-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Evening everyone :D

Dylan thinks the iron is his new friend - he was snuggled up to it about half an hour ago so I had to move him to get some ironing done :roll: Iron was switched off though thankfully otherwise Dylan would have had singed fur at best :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

I'm down with a cold now, got a pounding headache and felt slightly dizzy on and off :roll: my throat's really painful and sore as well :roll:

We've had a bit of wind and it's thrown it down with rain all day :roll:

angieh
14-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your cold RCR. The dizziness could be because of catarrh - I suffer from that on occasion. If it goes on, my GP recommended Sudafed and chewing gum! Oh and drink plenty of water.

dandysmom
14-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry you're feeling poorly, RCR, take care. Chicken soup is always good for a nasty cold! Hope you're better soon.

Phoenix
14-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Sorry you're feeling poorly, RCR, take care. Chicken soup is always good for a nasty cold! Hope you're better soon.

I'm sure that if I get anything to do with chicken out DM Dylan will wow constantly until he gets some :roll: (Wow is his "feed me" command)

I could try to sneak some out while Dylan's not looking, I'll be taking some cold medicine to try to help clear it tonight.

I'm more concerned about Dylan trying to make friends with the iron this afternoon :shock: