PDA

View Full Version : Tempermental Tuesday

PoshPuss
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
This morning has been a funny mix of wind and rain and blue skies:? Just when I think it's safe to go outside the sky turns black and there's a downpour :roll:

Have lots of prep to do indoors anyway in readiness for the decorator on Friday. Took some sweet pics of m'lady Posh by the magnolia tree, which lost most of its leaves in one day. Will post them later.

Hope Dylan is ok RCR. Take care everyone, it'll blow your socks off out there!:)

yola
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Not massively windy here but it's looking cold and bright now that the rain has blown over. Another day at the office and we'll be off shortly for Sebi's parent's evening (Dominik's tomorrow). I'm sure he'll get a glowing report; it's only at home that the little monster plays up :roll:

angieh
03-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Sun already beginning to go down here ....... it has been rainey this morning but brightened up a bit around lunchtime. OH is playing golf today and I did expect to see him come home early, but no ........... the course he plays is quite exposed and I expect he's had a bit of a battle. I've had an interesting techy morning with Skyped voicefiles from Italy (in English!) so that was exciting for me! Pip has been playing with things he shouldn't - he can't yet be trusted with things like Kizzy can, to be expected at his age.

I am going out to my Food for Thought review at 4.00 and wonder if I have lost any more weight. I'll let you know.

dandysmom
03-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone. A gorgeous day here, cloudless blue skies and already warmed up to 15 degrees. It's so good to see the sun after the spell of gloom and cold rain. To the other market for Ms. Picky's favorite food. Will probably be in the garden for a bit hacking and hewing: the wretched bamboo is taking over again, :roll: Nothing particular going on otherwise.

PP, look forward to the pics! Angie, fingers crossed for the weight loss. Hope the report's as good as you expect, Yola.

Enjoy the day.

calismum
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi all - - wet and windy here again/still|!!

I am on holiday this week so have been catching up with all these boring house tasks.

Alfie is still with us despite the vet saying 10 days ago he didn't think he would be with us for much longer. He is eating a little and drinking but not moving about much. Having said that, last night he was stalking a moth!! As long as he is not in pain then we'll continue with his meds.

Four out of the five hens are now moulting so I only have one egg a day. Can't think about going back to supermarket ones. How quickly we become spoiled.

Going out to see old friend tonight. She has moved to Skipton and is home to see her brother so we will have loads to catch up on.

Hope the parents evening(s) go well yola. Angieh - hope you had good results. DM - thank goodness I have clump bamboo, much less trouble.

angieh
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Further to above - I have lost another 1.2kg - nearing the magic stone since the beginning.

Phoenix
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Dylan's a lot better thanks PP :-D He's eating like food is going out of fashion, been getting up to his usual mischief and I think he caught a rabbit again today (suspicious stain on the carpet :roll: )

One of my work colleagues was off sick yesterday so we had extra work today, other than that been busy round the house all day.

Angie, well done on the weight loss :-D

yola
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Well as was expected Sebi's the angel at school; coming on well with his talking and joining in (bearing in mind he's only 3 :D ) . . . so it's just at home he's argumentative, difficult and stubborn . . . oh well, just good to know he CAN behave when the mood suits him :-D

dandysmom
03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Woo hoo, good for you, Angie! CM, worst mistake I ever made in the garden was planting that bamboo! Two years ago I had a landscape crew come in and grub it all out; if even a tiny bit of root is missed, back it comes worse than ever, And they did, and it has ............