PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Saturday

Mags
24-10-2009, 02:31 PM
The sun is shining here after a very wet morning, it's still very mild though. Hopefully the washing on the line will dry today:)

I was given a huge bag full of cooking apples yesterday so I've made four apples pies, kept one for the weekend and put the others in the freezer.

I notice a few bulbs poking their heads up through the soil today, not sure which ones they are yet though......looks too fine a leaf for early daffs:?

Don't forget to put your clocks back tonight!

Have a good weekend all!:)

janey83
24-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Afternoon,

Im exhausted... Went watching P!nk last night, was queuing from 2pm doors opened at 6.30 then was stood from 7 till 11.15 (she was late coming on stage so that meant we missed the last train But it was an awesome night and got 3rd row :-)
Heres a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8JMfr3g84

Yes an extra hour in bed, i need it lol.

Not got much planned for today really, just waiting for the xfactor tonight.

dandysmom
24-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi, Mags, Janey! Unseasonably mild here today, already 20 degrees, but very windy. So far the predicted rain hasn't come, so I made it to the library and back without the umbrella, glad to say. I must remember to adjust my computer time to reflect that you're only 4 hours ahead now instead of five; we don't change back till November.

Could the bulbs be scilla, Mags? Wish I had one of those pies! Janey, glad you had a good time seeing Pink.

Enjoy the extra hour sleep tonight...or tomorrow morning, actually!

smudgley
24-10-2009, 06:30 PM
been doing house work / washing & this afternoon been for a nice bike ride, got very dirty, muddy & sweaty, but it was great. got back had a shower & just about to go food shopping before x-factory! :-D

yola
24-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Had a clay body wrap today. My treat to me . . . very relaxing and a few inches reduced which is a bonus. Finally managed to get 10 minutes to myself and bought some lovely Tommy Hilfiger boots!!

Boys are being herded to bed and dinner is a sicillian vegetable stew (courtesy of Waitrose's magazine) and gluten-free french stick which is remarkably tasty and not at all like the usual horrid g-f bread.

dandysmom
24-10-2009, 07:50 PM
That stew sounds like the sort of thing I like, any chance you could post it in the recipe sticky?

Kazz
24-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Hiya all

Maybe we should consider posting some stew/slow cook receipes with winter coming.

Anyhow had an okay day, hope you lot all have too.

yola
25-10-2009, 09:16 AM
That stew sounds like the sort of thing I like, any chance you could post it in the recipe sticky?

Will do :D