PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Daily (sorry ive been away fo a while)

janey83
21-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Morning all,

Not been on here in a good while (please forgive me :) )

Ive been busy and my grandad died on the 20th of september.
He went into hospital a year and a half ago after having a fall and caught a bug:mad: . He hadn't been the same since.
On that morning he cut up some tomatoes (loved them) then went out side to open the gates then came in put the fire on, sat down and went peacefully.

Ive got a week of work this week.

Me and my bf stayed over in Blackpool on Sunday night and went on the rides (not been on them for a good 6 years) it was fun :D

Im going to watch P!nk at the M.E.N Arena in Manchester on Friday cant wait.

Not got anythin planned for today really.

angieh
21-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Janey - I am very sorry to hear about your grandad, but it sounds as if he went peacefully and quickly. Still a shock for all your family of course and please accept my condolences.

The weather forecast seems to have got it wrong again for this area of UK. A little breeze, dry and quite warm - we were forecast strong winds and rain today.

Trying to catch up with some laundry and tidying up today. OH coped very well while I was poorly - he cooked a delicious piece of roast pork on Monday, but you know men, they do sort of overlook things!

I am much better today and hope to have a tip top quiz ready for all comers this evening - thanks to RCR who has sent me some very interesting Qs.

I hope to see a whole host of competitors tonight - do come along if you can, it's just for fun!

Phoenix
21-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I won't be at the quiz angie being as I found the questions so know the answers.

dandysmom
21-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi, all. Janey. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your granddad; a shock to all but he did go peacefully at home ...I think the way we all would prefer if we had a choice.

Another lovely day here, brilliant blue skies and warming up nicely: 13 degrees now, warmest in three weeks. Just to the liquor store as the gin was getting low...horrors! :mrgreen: (Anyone remember the old song "Oh the Erie was a'rising And the gin was a'gettin low, And I scarcely think we'll get a drink Till we get to Buffalo!"!) I ramble .....

Hope to see a lot of you at the QUIZ tonight!

kado
21-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Sorry to here about your grandad janey. Nice too here from you again. I will try to make the quiz tonight but Chunkies foot was stood on by the OH and he is limping a bit and he wont leave me alone. If he is still limping in the morning i will take him too the vets.

Mags
21-10-2009, 06:19 PM
So sorry to hear about your Grandad, Jane.:(