PDA

View Full Version : Do you admit to having a favourite.

farthing
18-10-2009, 10:02 PM
So many people say to me they don't have favourites amongst their pets- so I must be weird, because I do.

My favourite cat is Samson, our first ginger boy. He is such a character. He arrived through our cat flap one night at about a year old, we advertised him but nobody replied, so he stayed. He is the most laid back cat I have ever met, but still has a sense of humour.
You can carry him around on his back, he never bites or scratches in anger, gets a bit excited in play, tolerates all the new arrivals, and although he puts them in their place has never fought with them. At 14 he still plays and skips down the hall with his tail held high and sleeps at my side overnight.
He is very vocal, and the vets think he has some oriental in him, and does have the thinner face, but is a bright orange.
I'm not saying I don't love them all, but he holds a special place in my heart.

Do you have favourites, or is it just me.
What makes them extra special to you, if you do have one.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/cats/Samson3.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/cats/Samson2.jpg

dandysmom
18-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh he is a handsome boy! Most of my life I've only had one cat at a time but during the time I had more than one, I too admit to a favorite, my Pura boy Dandy. He wasn't the smartest. the Siamese and Aby boys were frighteningly bright, but he was the most lovable cat. He loved life: not afraid of anything, not even dogs, loved riding in cars and actually enjoyed a vet trip where he was fussed over. He greeted people at the door and would be on their lap in a second; got along well with my two older girls who tended to spoil him and mostly let him have his way! I loved all my cats dearly, but Dandy was a very special boy.

calismum
18-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Probably my first dog - Tara. We found her as a pup, someone has thrown her out of a car. Her paws were bleeding and she was so thin that 6 weeks later someone threatened to report me as my pup was too thin.

She was only about 10 weeks when we found her. SHe was a GSD/Border Collie cross and was a superb girl. Great nature, really obedient and my best friend. We had her 15 years and I still miss her.

Phoenix
18-10-2009, 10:54 PM
I love Beauty and Dylan the same, don't really have a favourite.

yola
19-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Hmmm difficult one. Whilst I don't like to admit I have a favourite I really do feel a very soft spot for my 1st cat, Balie. He's always been so trusting (of me), so nervous, so dependent and so adorable that I think it would have to be my old blue-boy.

Having said that, the 3 rescues; Ferdy, Darcy and now Myshka as just so loving, so grateful.

That leaves Fifi. Now not that I don't love her, but she is so self-contained and so wishing to be left alone that she doesn't command too much affection. Mind you, when you grab her and cuddle her she response like the purring little minx she is.

So . . . it's Balie that has to be favourite (but don't tell the others)!! :D

angieh
19-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Your Samson is gorgeous, farthing. Don't blame you - he sounds such a sweetheart.

A difficult question. I have only had four cats to date and I love or have loved them all. Kizzy is the Queen of My Heart; Pip is a loveable little poppet/rogue. Smudge was such a gentle girl who loved me on her own terms and came to live with me in such a very spooky way; but Merlin was my first cat and although he could be very grumpy and attack at no provocation at all, to me he was my first and my very special boy, my lovely soldier and I still have him as my screensaver and miss him every day.

Donna
19-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Its hard for me to say, because some things I love about Chloe and some things I love about Misty... different reasons for loving them, but cannot work out which one I could say is preferred...

Each has their good and bad points!

random
19-10-2009, 08:33 PM
My dog Maddy, and I can honestly say the rest, I love all the same, I love them in in different ways and for different things, but Maddy is my soulmate, she's the hardest work (or has been when she was younger) but she's just like a reflection of me, in canine form.

Moli
19-10-2009, 08:56 PM
I would have to say Mollie, we could read each other, she knew me so well, and me her...she was my soul mate...

farthing
22-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Is nobody else admitting to having a favourite.
I will go even further and say my all time favourite animal, the love of my life ( but don't tell Mike.:oops: ) is BOURNVILLE.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Horses/Zoominonthis.jpg

dandysmom
22-10-2009, 09:18 PM
What a beautiful horse, and talk about glossy coats! Stunning.

kado
22-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Love Bournville. My all time favourite has got to be Simon. I have had pets before and after but he touched a piece of my heart. The one i am close to now is Spirit a couple of times i thought she wouldnt make it especial with the eating. She always sleeps next to me or on me and cries when i leave her she is realy so petite as well i just want to cuddle her all the time.

Moli
23-10-2009, 09:10 PM
He is stunning Farthing.....beautiful boy!

random
23-10-2009, 09:16 PM
What a stunning horse, you really don't post enough of your lovely horses!

angieh
23-10-2009, 11:17 PM
He's fab and a really lovely picture too.

farthing
25-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks everybody, you've all answered correctly ( he is spectacular) but I was hoping more people would join in and confess to a favourite. It really doesn't mean you love somebody less, it just means somebody makes your heart dance a little more.

Elaine
27-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Well, I'll join in. I do feel guilty about admitting to a favourite but here goes. My all time fav' was Winston, he was my very best friend for oh such a long time, more loyal and trusting than any human I have known as well as handsome and gentle.
The two I have now, I would have to say Eva is my fav' for all the opposite reasons from Winston, she is difficult, demanding, quirky, aloof but very pretty. I love Bernie equally but I think the bondings are, Eva = Me and Bernie = G.