PDA

View Full Version : Holidays 2010

yola
12-10-2009, 10:10 PM
well, I've just booked our 2010 holiday . . . we're going back to the same place in Le Marche (Italy) as this summer gone. The boys are overjoyed as they loved it there and I'm chilled out as it's a known quantity and we (hopefully) won't get lost trying to find it again!

Lovely - can't wait http://www.thehideaway.eu/

angieh
13-10-2009, 01:41 PM
That looks lovely Yola - glad that you all enjoyed it there. How's your Italian coming on?

dandysmom
13-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice that you all enjoyed it so much that you're going back.

yola
13-10-2009, 04:22 PM
That looks lovely Yola - glad that you all enjoyed it there. How's your Italian coming on?

It's not. No time and currently not much inclination :roll:

Mags
13-10-2009, 06:45 PM
It looks a lovely place Yola and the fact that you want to return there speaks volumes..:D

EmmaG
13-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Stunning Yola!!!! no holiday for us next year (just an Italian Wedding and a honeymoon ;-) )

Moli
13-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Good for you Yola, going back to the placed you really loved....will do you the world of good..............

yola
13-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Stunning Yola!!!! no holiday for us next year (just an Italian Wedding and a honeymoon ;-) )

Not much of a holiday then, eh Emma ;) ??

Where are you going to have the wedding if you don't mind me asking (sorry if I've missed this before, only fleeting visits at the moment :( ). I remember seeing something on TV years ago - Clothes Show Wedding or similar, where a couple got married in Venice and the woman had this truly amazing pearl grey floaty cloak with hood and matching dress and was stepping off a gondola . . . heaven :D

I was most jealous :roll:

EmmaG
13-10-2009, 11:11 PM
LOL Yola,

We are getting married in Cortona Town Hall, but staying at a Villa (with close family) for the week of the wedding (getting married on a Wednesday)

Pictures of Villa can be seen here, (looks a bit like the one you are staying at) ours is in Umbria and overlooks Lake Trasimeno.

http://www.sancrispolto.it/

yola
14-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh Emma - Cortona is my MOST favourite city in Italy. We stayed very close to it one misty November back in 2001, and frequently ate in the little restaurant on the other side of the square to the town hall. It's just as beautiful in late autumn as it is in summer - only much quieter as pretty well all the tourists had left!

I am seriously, seriously envious . . . you are going to have the most wonderfully memorable day imaginable, lucky you!

But your villa is much posher than ours ;)

calismum
14-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Both places look stunning for all the right reasons.

Hope you both enjoy.

EmmaG
14-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Not sure about our Villa being posher Yola LOL

Ah we might have eaten at that restaurant when we went for a visit in September - was it the one that overlooks the square and they have seating outside with large parasols?

yola
15-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Not sure about our Villa being posher Yola LOL

Ah we might have eaten at that restaurant when we went for a visit in September - was it the one that overlooks the square and they have seating outside with large parasols?

It's under the arches - it was called Vino et Panne http://www.pane-vino.it/taverna.htm . . . actually looking at it I think it might be in the other square, the one behind the square with the town hall in it.

I spent one entire meal with the resident cat asleep on my lap :-D

Kazz
15-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Wow both look brilliant to me and my holiday destination of a tent....with hole in it and no ground sheet, ;) oh yes and a door flap that does not tie up...;)

EmmaG
15-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Ah I know the one Yola, yes it is behind the town hall, we didn't try that one. So the food was very good???

yola
15-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Yes, the food was lovely - fondly remember the local cheese selection with local honey. It was the first time I'd tasted the cheese/honey combination and it was to die for.

It was very full of locals which I suppose was a testament to the quality of the food as the Cortonese don't eat just anywhere :D

EmmaG
15-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks Yola, when we go over next year I will try and eat there, if you go back I can recommend the restaurant overlooking the town hall, food was amazing, OH had steak (very well done) and I thought it was going to be very tough (as they do warn you on the menu if you want it cooked that way) but it was melt in the mouth.

I had herbed chicken and salad which was very good.

The mixed starters were out of this world.

I love Italian food!! (actually I love most food!! LOL)

yola
16-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I will definitely try that restaurant Emma - thanks for the tip!

Kazz
07-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Well I have just booked 8 days in Andalucia, for the end of Feb, including a day trip to Gibraltar.
And considering the date for the holiday to Austrian lakes in May I think, travelling on the Danube and a trip to Salzburg(sound of music city)
As well of course as the holiday in Nov to Eygpt (nile cruise) with Katie for her 18th.

Would like to go somewhere else too debating between Cyprus (never been) or back to Greece.....so any takers to join me for a holiday in Greece any island???