PDA

View Full Version : Wetish (and gloomy) Wednesday daily thread

angieh
23-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Morning everyone!

Overcast and gloomy here. Just started to rain. Yuk! I am feeling a bit poorly today, so taking things a bit easy, although I have a large dictation file to get to when I'm feeling a bit stronger (I've had to resort to the coffee with a slug!). Urgent ASAP work - but then it always is!

Was feeling a bit peeky yesterday but had a lovely day really, sitting in the kitchen where it's warmest with one or other or both cats keeping me company and reading Harry Potter (again). Keeps my mind off it. It WILL STOP sometime soon.

Must try and get pictures of Kizzy, Pip and the tunnel. They both seem to have spates of playing with it and bits of scrunched up paper. It's great fun to watch. Kizzy was a total darling yesterday. She's too heavy to sit comfortably on my lap, so I drew up another chair next to me and we sat as if we were on a bus. She held my hand! She's having a progressively hard time dieting. It was OK last week, but she's obviously now feeling the lack of being full up. I do feel sorry for her but she still wants cuddles and doesn't atm associate me with her lack of food!

Have a good day everyone. Don't forget QUIZ TONIGHT!!!

Edit to say: I forgot - we had our groceries delivered yesterday and I felt so sorry for the man. He made such a fuss of Kizzy and Pip and then told me that he'd just lost his cat last Friday - RTA. She was a rescue and had had a bad time before being taken in. He said that she was a lovely cat, didn't like being cuddled but apart from that, he and his wife had found her a good girl. He really welled up. There are some very nice people in this world.

dandysmom
23-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Summer is trying to hang in there, it's partly sunny and already 24 degrees before lunch; have the porch door open now instead of waiting till it's warmer by afternoon. So, is Leia outside enjoying it? Naturally not, she's sleeping in the back room in the sun; cats!

Angie, sorry you're feeling poorly, take care (((hugs))). What a sad touching story about the delivery man. I hope he finds a new girl soon to share his love with.

QUIZ tonight, do join in!

yola
23-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Afternoon/evening! Wisdom tooth extraction today so I'm sore, sore, sore :( OH has gone to meet a friend in London for a work/social get together so I'm alone with the boys. Have been sleeping on and off during the day (left the dental surgery shaking and almost in tears . . . OH drove me home and said I was white a sheet), so hopefully will muster up the energy to make an appearance at the quiz.

On mushy food today (mashed potatoes and sicillian veg stew tonight) which can't be hot because of gaping hole in mouth . . . have got some wine to 'help me sleep' though ;)

Mags
23-09-2009, 05:53 PM
It's been gloomy here all day with rain on and off:(

Cassie has gone into winter mode already I think ..... she isn't interested in going outdoors unless the sun is out:roll:

She had a little battle with her toy mouse this afternoon and managed to pull its tail off.......... the tail is now more interesting to play with than the actual mouse!:roll:

calismum
23-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi all

Dry and sunny whilst I was at work. Soon as I got home, rain started. :(

Hen coop has decided to leak down one of the sides so I'll need to get some sealer for it.

OH gone to get us some fish suppers, haven't had that for a while.

See you at the quiz.

angieh
23-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I hope the pain of your tooth extraction wears off soon Yola. Poor you! ((((hugs)))) Look forward to seeing you at the quiz IF you can manage it - with the wine of course! I'm on dark rum and coke tonight .................

Phoenix
23-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Yola and angieh - hope you are both feeling better soon :( Dylan's sending you both comforting purrs and snuggles to help you both get better.

I've been busy all day today getting our internet working again :roll: Dylan's been out chasing the white cat (his sworn enemy - Dylan's the feline version of a policeman, he patrols the street making sure that all the cats in the neighbourhood are behaving. It was funny because the white cat was chasing the little black cat and Dylan was chasing the white cat :smt081 Hilarious :smt081

Hope that cheered you all up :smt081