PDA

View Full Version : safe ways to let your indoor cat outside

louise_81
20-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Im just wondering...

I couldn't have the stuff that goes around the perimeter as my boundaries are all different types etc. I have a 2ft dry stone wall 15ft trees, brick wall panel fence and picket fence. So I think it would be rather difficult.

I am currently preparing a space for the rabbits, clearing weeds, getting someone in to lay a concrete base, then having a dog run for them to run about in! Its fab its going to be around 14ftx7ft.

I have space down the side of my house which I could do a similar thing for the cats. It would make sense to get each areas done together. ie. laying the foundations at the same time.

But what sort of space am I looking for? Should it be an open avairy style with a dry warm area to escape to. Or should I look at something a bit more enclosed?

Also I have a spare rabbit pen of around 4ftx8ftx28inches. Do you think they would appreciate going in there for the time being? obviously whilst I am in and not for too long, maybe an hour at a time, or is that a but daft?

dandysmom
20-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Louise, here's a link that might be helpful about outside pens. Mostly pictures of a member building one, and some chit chat ...

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=32657&highlight=outdoor+cat+pen

I personally am a great believer in harness training .......