PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor cats or outdoor cats- THAT is the question?

catwoman999
14-08-2009, 09:07 AM
See other thread I have opened, this one has the wrong title, which I acnnot ammend.

Leesy
14-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi CW999,
I have 2 Maine Coons aged 14mths and 11mths and when I got them I said that they would be indoor cats only and would only go out on a harness.
Well they did take to the harnesses they would walk about and investigate but they never ran about or played out side even on extra long leashes, so I one day decided to just let them out with me supervising in the garden and they loved it they were jumping and running around and playing with each other in amongst our shrubs and trees, it was so much fun to watch.
So we cat proved the garden of easily accesible escape routes for (Maisy Moo) who is a little monkey and they go out at least 2 to 3 times a day sometimes most of the day with supervision, they are so funny as they really look forward to their outings I only have to rattle theircollars and it dosen`t matter where they are they come flying and skidding to the door to go outside.
I would certainly say that some outside access it entertaining for them and would always let mine go outside but I would not let mine go outside alone I would worry to much:D

Leesy
14-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi CW999,
I have posted a reply on your other post as you were posting this new one and I am not sure how to move the silly thing across ( sorry ):oops:

catwoman999
14-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Thank you for your reply LEESY.

catwoman999
14-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you for your reply LEESY, i bought cat harnesses but only Gem took to it, I could walk her round the block like a dog lol, the rest hated it. But stopped this when someone set their dog on her:( , luckily I swoopped her up in my arms. But I do not have a garden, or I would do exactly as you have done, which is puuurfect!!!;)

dandysmom
14-08-2009, 04:23 PM
See other thread I have opened, this one has the wrong title, which I acnnot ammend.

Catwoman, for future reference, you can amend a thread title. Go to Edit then select Advanced. That will let you do it. :D

catwoman999
14-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Catwoman, for future reference, you can amend a thread title. Go to Edit then select Advanced. That will let you do it. :D

Thank you very much!!!! I am a dumb blonde and couldn't figure out how... Now I know...;)

dandysmom
14-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Lol, I didn't know it either until someone here told me!!!

Gotta' help one another with little helpful hints! :mrgreen: