PDA

View Full Version : They are here, they are here!!!

louise_81
10-08-2009, 08:34 PM
For those of you who were on planet Zog, for the past two weeks.

I have been in the process of privately adopting a cat, who has just had kittens, whilst waiting for her kittens to wean I have been emailing the previous owner questions likes dislikes etc, and found out that he had another two pregnant cats on to their 4th litter each :cry:

Anyway I knew we could take two but not three, but I did try and find a home for the third, but she was gone :(

Oh My word I have never seen such bony cats!

Evie is so small! She has almost constantly groomed since getting here. but seems to be settling in well (even in an hour). Seems to be scratching and nibbling too. Got me at it now. She has bald patches on her neck too (Fleas? mites?) Her face looks soo young, like that of a 6 month old not a 2 yr old.

Ava, oh my word, if she is 32 days in to pregnancy Im a monkeys uncle!! Again she is a very slight cat, with this HUGE belly on her, she has not taking to us as yet and has had a good hiss at us and Evie. Wonder if it is hormone related. Cant get close enough to have a good look, but she has bald patches on her tail.

Vets at 10.10 tomorrow morning

Evie, tha smaller of the two

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Louise_81/024.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Louise_81/025.jpg

Ava, Pregnant mummy

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Louise_81/030.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Louise_81/031.jpg

angieh
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
They do look in a poor way, don't they? I hope that the vet visit goes well tomorrow. Whatever the outcome of that visit, I think they are lucky cats to have found you to look after them.

Do let us know how things progress.

Leesy
10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Awwwww they certainly do look worse for wear don`t they, but it will not be long with your loving care and they will be looking and feeling a whole lot better.
Hope the trip to the vets goes well, and please keep us informed as to how they get on:D

dinahsmum
11-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Poor little girls - they have landed on their feet in being adopted by you, haven't they.
The vet will sort out any infestations they have arrived with and advise you on the way forward I'm sure.
Good food and TLC will go a long way towards putting them right

catwoman999
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Awwww they are wonderful! Congratulations on your two new fur babies! :D
The vet will give them a good looking over tomorrow, and will let you know if there is any fleas/ allergies etc.
They are a bit skinny, but thats what happens when they have litter after litter, it takes its toll on their little bodies.
Louise, I am sure you will have them fighting fit in no time....
So pleased for you, and enjoy....

louise_81
11-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Both have fleas and being frontlines. both in for spay on Thursday.

Evie took 30 seconds to do, and loves a cuddle.

Eva, is still not sure, and hiding under things, so can't quite get her with the frontline yet, think its new envornment and hormones.

Moli
11-08-2009, 01:08 PM
They are such little darlings, sure with TLC from you they will come on in leaps and bounds.......

dandysmom
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Poor wee things, thank God they're with you now and will get the love and care they deserve.

Frog2
12-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Very cute! Glad they found you :D X

MadCatLady
13-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Good on you! :D

Having been involved in rescue for a long time you do see some awful sights.... but skinny (due to poor quality food & over breeding probably) is fairly easy to resolve & bloated belly could be worms?.... I would suggest you start them on a good quality kitten food, wet & dry combo, giving them small amounts at a time so as not to bloat & cause vomiting.... Hills or RWC are the ones I generally use.... then move onto the adult food for that brand a bit at the time by mixing them together....

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=275

This is the link for our affiliate site, use this, create an account @ VetUK, and order away, the prices for food, frontline Spot-ons & Drontal wormer are a lot cheaper then from the vet or local stores so you save money & we get a 1% commission so long as you use our link everytime you order!!?? ;) Plus it's delivered to your door!

I hope this helps... you can PM me if you need further advice... :-D

catwoman999
13-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Both have fleas and being frontlines. both in for spay on Thursday.

Evie took 30 seconds to do, and loves a cuddle.

Eva, is still not sure, and hiding under things, so can't quite get her with the frontline yet, think its new envornment and hormones.

You are getting both spayed today? I thought one of the cats was pregnant? Are they terminating the kittens?
What did the vet say about their health on tuesday?
Good luck to cats today and their spaying, sure everything goes well.....

dinahsmum
13-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Good luck with the spays - they will be fine; it's a once-only thing which protects their health and wellbeing for the remainder of their lives

louise_81
13-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Both are back, fine and active, vet nurse said they would sleep, Its the most active ive seen them since they came to me on Monday

Leesy
13-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Thats is great news that all is well and their spayings have gone well.

catwoman999
13-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Louise,

Glad all is well....
But you didn't answer my earlier questions.....:?