PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Thursday Thread

angieh
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Hot and humid here this morning. Had a downpour at around 7.30 but it cleared through and left us with a sticky day.

OH has gone off to play "proper" golf with his fit friend (!) so will come back "knackered" and probably as red as a beetroot. He has sun screen and a hat, but forgets ........ perhaps I ought to get him to join Az's new over50's Forum!

I wonder whether us over 50's will gradually change allegiance and reduce posting here on Catsey. I can't see me ever not wanting to see pictures of other members' beautiful cats though!

Have a good day everyone, whether you are out and about, at work or sitting tapping at your keyboard! That is what I will be doing as I have some transcription work to do today.

Hope poorly people are feeling better today?

MrsH
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Just chillin' today! Well I've got some washing out in the garden and I'm just sitting, waiting to see if it's going to rain!
I hope us over 50s don't switch allegiance but I wonder if I'm going to have time for anything else at all other than forums!
It's a bit late to be wishing everyone a nice day, so I hope you all have a great afternoon!

dinahsmum
06-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I've got the TV on watching the Harry Patch service. It's really quite moving. A lone chorister has just sung (beautifully) Where Have All The Flowers Gone, which just about sums up the whole ultimate futility of war and violence.
It's bloody raining again - grrrr!

yola
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
No!!! Don't desert us Angie, DMUK, DMUS, Mags, Moli etc etc etc . . . some of us - ahem - 'youngsters' can't post on an over-50s forum yet, unless of course Az is willing to overlook age for longstanding Catsey members ;)

Today is humid here also. We had a big storm about 5am at which point Sebi slid into bed with me. Bless.

Tying up loose ends in the office and have eaten too many choccy biccies. I REALLY need to get rid of my belly it's embarassing me now. Just need a spare £5k to get it sliced off :oops:

Sad news here today. We have a member of staff who's been a bit wobbly and we put it down to vertigo and inner ear infection. Well, his wife just phoned and he's been rushed into hospital with a brain tumour (hopefully non-malignant) for an emergency op :shock: He's the same age as OH which is a worry.

I've asked her to keep in touch via email whilst we're away to let us know how he gets on - a genuinely nice guy and the great-nephew of Nye Bevan (really looks like him too).

angieh
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Poor man and his family - do hope all will be OK for him. I have known 2 people with brain tumours - one was fine but the other not.

Lock up the chocolate biscuits Yola - save yourself £5k!!!

janey83
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Afternoon.

Its been a gorgeous day... well what ive seen of it coz of being in work!

It's clouded over a bit now so I might go and wash my car (my bf will be proud of me lol)

Have a nice day all.

Stephan
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I wonder whether us over 50's will gradually change allegiance

Now listen-the day I stop mildy flirting with you is the day you need to worry.

Stephan
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
some of us - ahem - 'youngsters' can't post on an over-50s forum yet,

But I can-loveable `rouge` or `Dirty old man`??

hint-my personal hygeine is impeccable :-)

Mags
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I wonder whether us over 50's will gradually change allegiance

Now listen-the day I stop mildy flirting with you is the day you need to worry.

yola
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Stephan - you keep flirting, I can't resist a man who wear lovable 'rouge' (sic) ;) ;) ;)

Just stay Catsey-side for the time being please :-D

Stephan
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Buggar-rogue?-I have only done drag once.

yola
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Buggar-rogue?-I have only done drag once.

Yes, we've all seen you in drag . . .very fetching :p

angieh
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I've had a good day so far today - between over 50s and here I have been giggling and laughing out loud several times!

dandysmom
06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Love the new forum but will never desert Catsey! :D

Yucky here, raining and unseasonably chilly, only 21C ....normal is about 31 ..... woke up, looked at the gloomy weather and gave up shopping plans and went back to sleep! Laaaaazy!! But hey, I am an oldie!! I think the mouse had relatives...Leia is back on mouse patrol again.. :roll: I hope she's wrong, it's too early for mice to be coming in. Does this mean an early and bitter Winter?? Weather has been so unusual it could be!

Yola, what a shame about your employee; hope he'll do as well as Ted Kennedy who's hanging in there. Steph, do join the new forum!!

Cheers, all!

Moli
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
My Son thinks it hilarious, his mum has joined an over 50,s Forum....:roll: :roll: :evil: