PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Wednesday.......

Moli
29-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Morning all, beautiful here, got men in fitting new windows.Have to take that bloomin' car back to the garage ....apart from that think I will get out in the garden..
Have a good day everybody....

yola
29-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Totally the opposite here weather-wise, cold, windy and raining . . . I have my pashmina wrapped round me! WHAT is happening with this weather :shock: :shock: :shock:

Need to sort a new car now for October - the BMW X5 is looking good price-wise at the moment (and I swore I'd never drive a beamer :roll: ).

Moli
29-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Totally the opposite here weather-wise, cold, windy and raining . . . I have my pashmina wrapped round me! WHAT is happening with this weather :shock: :shock: :shock:

Need to sort a new car now for October - the BMW X5 is looking good price-wise at the moment (and I swore I'd never drive a beamer :roll: ).
You are not changing your Audi are you Yola??

Donna
29-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Morning all,

Dull and miserable here... at work at the moment and its rather depressing!!

Left Sean in bed as the summer hols are well and truly on.. as he has turned nocturnal again!!! Emma is never at home, spending sleepovers at friends ... must get her back soon!!

Am in the middle of decorating my living room - giving it a fresh coat of paint - have new wooden floor, and new sofas due soon - at the moment I have no where to sit!!

Hope you all have a good day.

yola
29-07-2009, 09:41 AM
You are not changing your Audi are you Yola??

Only got it on a 2 year contract Pat. I do love it, but the residual value has shot right up and has made the monthly repayments on a replacement prohibitive.

Moli
29-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Only got it on a 2 year contract Pat. I do love it, but the residual value has shot right up and has made the monthly repayments on a replacement prohibitive.
Thats a shame, one car I would love.....I am not keen on the BMW's either.....I have a new Xtrail at the moment, which I must admit I really do like....

dinahsmum
29-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Morning - here I am popping in before zooming off again tomorrow. It's a miserable morning here and there is a severe weather warning for heavy rain again this afternoon. *Sigh*. I see the Met Office has revised its long-range prediction of a 'Barbecue Summer'. We scrapped our old barbie as part of an early summer tidy up and said we'd get a replacement as and when. Bought one disposable, way back when we had some nice weather, and found it pretty good, so got another two on a bogof to help tide us over, with a view to maybe getting more of them if necessary. We've still got them sitting unused in the garage - ho hum.
We had a pleasant weekend away but, unfortunately, I came back with a nasty something or another resulting in a severe dire rear, headache and mild fever. If I'd had boney aches I might even suspect the dreaded swine flu (although the news media seems to have forgotten about it for now). So, Monday was spent in bed and mostly asleep and yesterday in a state of inertia and lack of appetite. Still no appetite - the Wii will be delighted with my weight loss when I finally climb on it again.
What a tale of woe! Healthy people are so boring when they are unwell - every symptom has to be documented and discussed. A final apology for spelling - I've taken my lenses out to give my eyes their day of normality and I can't blimmin find the appropriate specs for computer work.

So - Stockholm early tomorrow, back Tuesday eve, dropping Dina at the kennel en route. My poor boys are staying in kennels. The house is sooo empty without them.

Yola - you, in a beamer? I won't tell you what my OH says about BMW drivers!.

yola
29-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Good to see you back DM - I thought you'd only gone for the weekend and was wondering where you were. Sorry you're feeling so pants, get better quickly for tomorrow - nothing worse than airports/planes when you're feeling peaky.

I know, I know - I say the same thing about BMW drivers :oops:

janey83
29-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Raining and coldish here. It doesnt half feel like winter.

Ive just finished work and now chilling.

Not got anythin else planned for today.

Have a good'un all.

Moli
29-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Just back from the garage...........guess what??? One of the sensors they forgot to fit is broken!!!!so they have to order a new one, once again the bloomin' car is at the garage!!

farthing
29-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Waiting for Mike to come home here, he's been away since Saturday and I'm shattered. Partly because I've been up at 5 and having the stress of the animals and partly because he then insists on phoning at between midnight and 1am.:roll:
Last night the blooming cats decided they didn't like each other so I kept getting woken because they were grumbling at each other- all quiet now though.
Just woken up on the sofa, some must get going and see to the beasties, Mike can put them to bed tonight.:lol:

Have a good day everybody.

dandysmom
29-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Glad you're back, even briefly DM, sorry you've got a nasty bug. Spelling? I thought your "dire rear" was a very clever spoof of diarrhea!! Moli, the story of your car woes is very depressing! Farthing, it's been a rough time for you, glad Mike's coming home. Yola, I'm clueless about cars but hope you get one to suit you.

NOT sunny here: grey skies, threat of rain and cooler, only 24C; an unusually cool season ...out in Tink's neck of the woods they're sweltering.

No news really, to the market as usual. The squirrel has, as I feared, figured out how to get seed from the squirrel-proof new feeder... my neighbor has come up with a plan to thwart him, so we shall see...

QUIZ night!