PDA

View Full Version : You;ll never guess

Kazz
28-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Okay what did I see today............not animal/cat related...very funny though.

Elaine
28-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Stavros Flattley performing in your street?

angieh
28-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Come on then Kazz - g'us a clue!

Elaine
28-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Old lady mugging a youth?

angieh
28-07-2009, 08:28 PM
someone hopping along the street with a big candyfloss on their head?

Kazz
28-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Actlly not far of with the stavros thing Elaine..no mugging...if it had been a mugging I would have been arrested for attacking the mugger.....SERIOUSLY

Here you go, in Sutton coldfiel by the public phone boxes a lad about 17/18 went into the phone box to talk to his Mom his brother (slghtly older) called him and the younger one stepped in then his mates (older ones) taped the phone box up...really really really funny...... i discovered they were brothers when I spoke to the older brother as the younger one tried to escape.

Elaine
28-07-2009, 08:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kazz
28-07-2009, 08:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too...I may start carrying a role of duck tape with me just in case the "senario" plays out for me:-D ..... so stay away from phone boxes with doors people.:-D :-D

angieh
28-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Is it me, or do people have a strange sense of humour these days??? I'd be frantic if I couldn't get out of a phone box.

Kazz
28-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Is it me, or do people have a strange sense of humour these days??? I'd be frantic if I couldn't get out of a phone box.

Its you Angie...:roll: ...I thought it was hilarious I mean they were brothers not like a sranger taped him in......

Moli
28-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I would have had hysteric's, find things like that hilarious!!!:lol:

angieh
28-07-2009, 08:54 PM
sorry to be a wet blanket. Think I might be a closet claustrophobe!

Elaine
28-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Me too...I may start carrying a role of duck tape with me just in case the "senario" plays out for me:-D ..... so stay away from phone boxes with doors people.:-D :-D

Me too:lol: Watch out Erin;)

It's definately you;)

EmmaG
28-07-2009, 09:29 PM
a naked man ???? :)

dandysmom
28-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry, I'm with Angie there ...I'd find that extremely scary and not funny at all ... brother or not, it would be a frightening thing to be unable to get out.....

EmmaG
28-07-2009, 09:30 PM
whooooppss!! I should really read the rest of the thread before replying!! LOL

pinklizzy
28-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I would find that quite scary if it happened to me but if the guy it happened to wasn't frightened it would be funny! Does that make sense?!

Erin
28-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Me too:lol: Watch out Erin;)

It's definately you;)

Make sure you tape that phonebox up good and proper so that I dont get out if you are going to attempt it Elaine :lol:

angieh
28-07-2009, 10:05 PM
a naked man ???? :)

Now THAT might be funny!

yola
28-07-2009, 10:32 PM
There was this film. I think it was Spanish and it was about a chap stuck in a phone box - quite an old 'art house' type film.

Here's a quick IMDB synopsis . . . no happy ending. Only seen it once years ago on TV but it really gave me the creeps. Are you SURE you want to mess with phone boxes Karen ;) :shock: ;)

La Cabina is a film constructed on simplicity and brilliance. The story about a man trapped inside a public phone-booth starts off as a comedy and then gradually spirals into a surreal nightmare from which there seems no escape. This short film is rich in symbols and metaphors about loneliness and alienation in the urban landscape. How ironic that we have our main protagonist trapped, like a fly inside a glass jar, he wants to communicate his terror but the telephone is out-of-order and we bear witness to his growing unease and dread. Human dialogue is kept to a bare minimum and it feels like a silent film with a dream-like quality which becomes claustrophobic.

This stark film has an atmosphere that sears the mind and emotions of viewers and the residue it leaves behind remains long after the film has finished. The haunting and creepy cinematography is suffused with suspense and unseen menace. Terror prowls about as we watch with dried mouths. A complete masterpiece of the genre that would have Hitchcock turning livid with envy.

** edit to say just found it on you tube and rewatching it . . .