PDA

View Full Version : Wet wednesday thread

dinahsmum
22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Guess what - it's raining! Ho hum.
The animals are off to kennels this pm, as we are away for the weekend from very early Friday and circumstances mean we can't transport them tomorrow. Poor cats are staying in as we go to Sweden next Thursday and the kennels and we agreed that it would be less stressful for them to stay an extra couple of days than to come home Monday pm and go back Wednesday. Poor things. It will be odd without them for those days.
No news - oh, did I mention it's raining?

yola
22-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Well . . . it's raining here too - off and on! Miserable isn't it :(

Have been to the docs for a throat check up after the wooden splinter in the throat episode on Saturday. Good news is there is probably no residual and the soreness is just because there was a cut there. Carluccios are being very attentive and their area rep is calling me regularly!

Back in the office now, will need to go into a training course we have running but first need to deploy a big emailing that I'm sending out.

Sebi peed in the toilet and was VERY pleased with himself, and the sticker he received as a prize - easily pleased at 3 years old aren't they . . . good news is that he now has six more pair of Wall.e pants which arrived in the post here this morning, so I don't have to keep washing and drying the single pair he's had up until now :lol:

dinahsmum
22-07-2009, 11:11 AM
I read the post about your 'added ingredient' in the soup Yola. :shock:
Poor you - I do hope the soreness goes soon. I imagine the restaurant is pretty edgy about whether you are going to take matters further ... I foresee a rather nice hamper coming your way!

On a tangent - both OH and I find that we choke and splutter much more than we used to. We used to catch if we tried speaking with food in our mouths (yes, I know it's impolite, but if you tuck it neatly in your cheek you can join in a conversation/answer a question etc) so don't do that at all now. Our mealtimes lengthen as we empty our mouths, put down our cutlery and then and only then, speak. However, it's worsening and we find ourselves choking by merely thinking of speaking, imagining our next bit of conversation etc. Ho hum - what a pain. It'll be liquidised food next! :roll:

janey83
22-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Morning all,

It was wet this morning when I got up but ive not seen any yet, but its very dull and dark here.

Ive just come in form work. Not got anythin planned for today apart from chilling and watchin 90's vids on MTV Hits :D !

Have a good day all.

PoshPuss
22-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys! Well its rained so much here in the past 48 hours I'm beginning to think of building an ark :shock: its been awful, with precious little I can do about it. Took 2 annual leave days in the hope I could tidy around outside but no chance at all! Bl**dy weather!

Now have 2 night shifts to look forward to. Yola I'm off to read your splinter story... how scary is that! soup! ... wow, not good for that business!

Take care everyone.x

Moli
22-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Afternoon all, its beautiful here, really hot....Just been in the garden putting a few shrubs in, and removing snails which thought they would move in lastnight......
Waiting for it to cool down before taking the girls out....

angieh
22-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Beam me up, Moli!

Moli
22-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Beam me up, Moli!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
22-07-2009, 04:34 PM
We need the rain and can't buy a drop! Sunny lovely morning, 27C and a nice breeze. Only "widely scattered" t'storms predicted. Ah well, nothing I can do about it...to the market as usual; getting ready for the quiz tonight which I'm hosting. Do pop on if you can, you might like it!

Glad the throat wasn't really damaged Yola; you have a likely law suit there for negligence (I know, we Americans are very litigious!). PP, a shame about your plans being messed up by the rain. DM, house must feel empty without the boys...enjoy the trip!

The weekend nears!

Erin
22-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Afternoon all, been a bit of a mixed day weather wise,over cast and windy here at the moment.

Am just about finished packing and ready for Scotland on Saturday, if I make it up on Saturday that is, the service user I support is being treated for swine flu, hopefully Ill not catch it, I want to go and see my baby!! Poor love is not well at all though, and Ive been supporting her since she started showing symptoms so chances are Ill get it soon enough :roll:

Hope everyone has had a good day :)

calismum
22-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone. Started off beautiful, then we had heavy rain and now dry and warm.

Not much to report here. Looking around the carpet needs hoovering ho hum - will I or won't I?

Quiz tonight - come along and join in the fun!