PDA

View Full Version : Manky wet Saturday

dinahsmum
11-07-2009, 09:43 AM
That just about says it all.
I hope you have a nicer day, with more excitement than is likely here. No plans, except pottering about, doing the last bits of post holiday tidies, out with the dog once the rain eases etc.

yola
11-07-2009, 09:54 AM
It's pretty manky here too. We're going to jump on the train and tube shortly and take the boys to Tate Modern. Dominik I know will really enjoy it, and Sebi . . . well at least there's running-around space there LOL :shock:
I really should go to the gym but it'll be nice to have a family day out and the rain seems somehow less of a problem in Central London :roll:

Stephan
11-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Please miss-can we have some rain??

The garden is bone dry and we are clearing off for a couple of nights tomorrow.

I`m sure our village should be listed as a site of special interest-heavy rain approaches from all sides but often stops less than 400 yards away

Kazz
11-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Well its rain rain rain her that horrible wet stuff......:) not sure what I am going to do but Sal looks reluctant to go out...at the moment she is on her back on her bed chewing her Kong...have to pop to the shops.....thats about it.
Enjoy your day Yola ound perfect I agree for some reason in big cities the rain seems less of a problem if one at all.Maybe its the shopping centre's under cover etc.

Stephan maybe you are shielded by some invisible cover?

Have a good day all

Frog
11-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I am off to work at one :(

Mags
11-07-2009, 11:58 AM
No rain here, in fact it's been quite a nice morning so the washing should dry. However heavy rain is heading our way this afternoon from Devon and Cornwall :roll: It'll be good for the gardens....as they say!:lol:

Have a good day everyone..:D

smudgley
11-07-2009, 12:15 PM
No rain here, just dark clouds.

We have been struck down by the dreaded swine flu - my youngest daughter has had it since Wed. There were only 6 kids at school in her class yesterday, they all have it. I'm sure me, hubby & other daughter will have it too in a few days, although no signs yet.

Not doing much today except cleaning out all the chicken pens & sorting out stuff for our CP homing show in 2 weeks time.

That's about it from me.

angieh
11-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear swine flu has hit your family Smudgley. Erin was the first person I "know" who has had direct contact with it and you are the second. Somehow makes it more real. Do hope you all manage to make yourselves comfortable.

Murky here too - the fine mizzly stuff that is just a nuisance. Done some housework this morning and got the bedroom to clean this afternoon. Keeps me out of mischief.

We have really bad download speeds here and OH had to make a hole in the wall between the 'puter and the BT socket to move the router this morning. Had a bit of a hiccup when we had no phone line either. Our ISP wanted the router moved and if that makes no difference, which it doesn't seem to have done, they will call out an engineer. Not sure that will do any good because all they say is that we are too far from the nearest exchange - just over 4 miles! I don't believe that either!!! Anyway, I am very glad that I recorded Torchwood because I would not be able to watch it on iPlayer!!!

I would love to be going to Tate Modern with you Yola - have a great day - hope the boys enjoy it.

janey83
11-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Morning all.

Its been dry here but has just started to drizzle.

Im home alone this weekend as my parents have gone up to York for the night and staying with friends they met in Spain.

Im off to Manchester at 3pm to take me bf to the Hilton Hotel for his birthday, have a few cocktails in there and then have a few more drinks round Manchester town.

Ive just come in from work so im now gonna chill till i need to go out.

Have a nice day all.

calismum
11-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Glorious sun here!! Been out watering plants, playing chase round the garden with one of the chooks (she won), cut the grass and srarted work on the new path for the garden.

Now having v late lunch and watching the golf.

Two loads of washing out on the line and the bedding n the machine.

Dogs walked.

Rest of day to chill or weed - what a dilemma!

Swine flu is everywhere now, I know of three people thru work. Hope your wee one recovers Smudgley.

Enjoy the Tate M yola - I love it, been a few times. Quite nice food too.

Phoenix
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Who wants the sun? :lol: It's quite hot round here, Dylan doesn't like it now, he was outside earlier but now he says it's too hot and he's gone upstairs and collapsed from the heat :lol:

dandysmom
11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Gorgeous sunny day here but still below normal ...only 23C. May be a stray t'storm this afternoon: garden could use the rain, I'd prefer no boomy-bangies! To the library to pick up all three of my holds that were in; haven't heard from Yahoo yet although got a confirmation that they'd received my complaint. Thank God all my friends are too smart to fall for that, but I do wonder at what some of the commercial places I shop at thought when they got that message??? :shock: :-D How I hate hackers!

Sorry you all are getting some rain on your weekend, good for the gardens as it is. Steph, Washington has a "snow shield", most Winters it snows all around the City but rarely in it! Yola, wish I could join you at the Tate M! Janey, enjoy the night out!
Angie, sorry to hear about your problem, hope it gets sorted. DM, no wishes for excitement here ...I relish peace and quiet! :-D Smudgley, sorry to hear about the swine flu; hope you don't get it also.

Having the second tomato for lunch..

Have a nice day, all.