PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Thursday Thread

janey83
02-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey guys,

Its soooooo hot, ive no energy to do anythin.

Think it might thunder after.

Been to work and have no plans for the rest of the day except an early night as ive had a very busy weekend lol and still got a busy week a head.

Enjoy te day and dont get burnt.

angieh
02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Off in a minute for my reassessment at the pulmonary rehab clinic. We have to do "shuttle walks" and increase pace at each whistle - I expect to be a very hot person at the end of that! Taking my bottle of water with me.

I'll let you know how I got on later - also a rather lovely (potentially!) piece of feline focussed news - a possible Kizzy Kompanion!!!

Leesy
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Janey,Angie and later arrivals,

WOW what a scorcher it is today, but it is lovely I am pottering in and out of the shade, I could do with a big swimming pool :lol: :lol: .

Janey - Hope that you manage to get a nice and relaxing day and an early night, when I say that I usually end up going to bed later than I would normaly:lol:

Angie - Good luck at the clinic, hopefully you won`t get to hot:roll: , ooooooooh that sounds interesting on the companion news for Kizzy:lol:

Bye for now Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo Xxx.:D

yola
02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Angie - good luck on the KK front - looking forward to news :D .

It's roasting in the office; been for a working lunch with OH at the pub and had a fabulous home-cooked chicken cesaer salad (can you cook one of those . . . :? ) and raspberry calachan. Anyways some strategic stuff sorted and OH has also decided to take tomorrow off which will be nice!

Domi has art club tonight so I'll be picking up a bit later and I imagine the boys will be nekkid in the garden as soon as we get back and straight into their paddling pool :lol:

I, in the meantime have a headache which won't shift despite a double-dose of Anadin Extra :( Will have to have some more when I get home as I have none left in the office.

Leesy
02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Oooooooh lunch sounded scrummy Yola, paddling pool sounds divine and I hope your headache soon clears up.:D

MrsH
02-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Too hot!!

The cats are hardly eating a thing at the moment, I think this is a reaction to the heat. They're drinking though and their water bowl is checked regularly and change/topped up as needed.

OH was out for about 3 hours doing some gardening at daughter's. He's back now but very tired (surprise!) Fortunately the back garden is shady so he wasn't in blazing sun and he made sure he had plenty to drink.

Dog is lying on his back in front of the fan, letting the cool breeze blow over his bits! :shock: :lol: :lol: I don't think we'll be going out for a walk until about 8pm again tonight, it'll be much cooler in the woods then.

Enjoy the rest of today!

dandysmom
02-07-2009, 04:43 PM
How hot is it? I know you aren't used to the low-mid 30s as we often have here; I'm wondering what it is. Hope it gets more seasonable soon for people and pusses! Cooler than usual today, 22C but sunny and a nice breeze; sat out in the garden to let my hair dry in the sun after washing it ...nice for a change! Had a sad message on the answering machine when I got in: an old friend has died. No info yet as to when or why; one of the sadder things about getting old is losing so many friends......

Weather is looking more promising for the Fourth! I'm not planning anything, but do hope the fireworks will go off as scheduled. We had yet more rain last night!

Angie, that sounds promising about a Kompanion ...hurry back on line with the scoop! Have you gotten rid of the earworm yet. I haven't!!

Stay cool!

janey83
02-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Janey - Hope that you manage to get a nice and relaxing day and an early night, when I say that I usually end up going to bed later than I would normaly:lol:

Me too, ive been sayin I need an early night for the past 3 months.... Ive still not got round to having one lol.

angieh
02-07-2009, 05:16 PM
There's something going wrong with the temperature recording IMO - the Met Office and BBC weather centre have the temperature atm for Portsmouth as 23C, but the Solent weather station has recorded 27C

I am going to invest in a decent outdoor thermometer as I don't agree with the lower figures - IMO it is certainly hotter than that.

Eileen - I am still singing "Hello darkness my old friend ................... !"

PoshPuss
02-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Afternoon all! I just can't cope with this heat any more it's far too hot for me, and so sultry today , I'm a bath of perspiration:oops:
The puss and doggie are both flat out and wilting too, like Angie I'm keeping their bowls well topped up with cool water. The clouds have gathered now tho and the scene is set for a downpour, it'll be good to clear the air.

Must catch up on all the old posts, a lots seemed to have happened in the last few days I missed being here :)

see you later.x

MrsH
02-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Eileen it's been 30-31 degrees here today, quite humid and not much in the way of a breeze.

Leesy
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
How hot is it? I know you aren't used to the low-mid 30s as we often have here; I'm wondering what it is. Hope it gets more seasonable soon for people and pusses! Cooler than usual today, 22C but sunny and a nice breeze; sat out in the garden to let my hair dry in the sun after washing it ...nice for a change! Had a sad message on the answering machine when I got in: an old friend has died. No info yet as to when or why; one of the sadder things about getting old is losing so many friends......

Weather is looking more promising for the Fourth! I'm not planning anything, but do hope the fireworks will go off as scheduled. We had yet more rain last night!

Angie, that sounds promising about a Kompanion ...hurry back on line with the scoop! Have you gotten rid of the earworm yet. I haven't!!

Stay cool!

Hi DM, just to let you know I have managed to get some pics of Maisy staying cool in the bath they are in the cats pics section:D . Hope you like;)

Mags
02-07-2009, 05:56 PM
It's been a scorcher here too but we had a really heavy thunderstorm about 2 hours ago which appears to have very slightly cleared the air a bit. Not sure what the temperature was but my gosh, it's been HOT!! :lol:

I furminated Cassie this afternoon to hopefully thin out her coat, with the amount I managed to get off her, you would think she would be bald!:-D She must feel the difference though.

dandysmom
02-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I've noticed that Leia is shedding quite a it more since it's getting warmer,,,I usually get two combfuls every night, but have gotten four the last few days ....that's with the comb, not the Furminator. I thought nesting season was probably over but the fur is still vanishing when I put it out!