PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread - Sunny Wednesday

EmmaG
01-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Morning all :-D

Day off work today, going to pick up my new car in a min and we have the architect coming over later to finalise our loft conversion/extension plans.

Hopefully will also be able to get outside in the garden for some sun.

Have a good day everybody.

Erin
01-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Morning Emma, Morning all :D

Its so hot here today which I wouldnt mind if we had sun but its overcast :roll: It was the same yesterday, and we had rain on and off all day but even that didnt cool the air down for long, dont think I can cope with many more hot sleepless nights!

I got my start date for my new job up in Aberdeen yesterday :D So ill be moving up in 4 weeks!! My days off from now untill then will be spent packing!!

Hope everyone has a good day :)

MrsH
01-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Lovely fluffy white clouds in the sky today and the sunlight is not at all fierce (yet) There was apparently rain around yesterday but it completely skirted around us!

Not really sure what I'll be doing with the rest of my day. There's a pile of ironing, but, much though I like the task, I'll not be standing over a steam iron if it's going to get really hot again! Must go and check the weather forecast.

Have a lovely day everyone.

pinklizzy
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Morning!
Not working until 1pm so enjoying a relaxing morning. It's sunny here, a lot less humid than yesterday which I'm really glad about! Kindly really doesn't cope very well in the heat and I was really worried about her :?
Imogen on the other hand is loving the chance to sunbath on the window sill.
Getting the rest of my laundry done while it's still nice, ready for my trip to Cambridge on Friday-really looking forward to it.
So exciting about your new job Erin, hope the packing goes smoothly.
Enjoy your day everyone!
Lx

janey83
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Afternoon all...

I am soooo hot, think im gonna combust!

Been to work and after being in an air conditioned supermarket for 5 hours and walking out into the heat it was very weird lol.

Its my mummys birthday today so gonna go out to a pub for a meal tonight, we had the BBQ last night and it stopped raining in time.

Leesy
01-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Good afternoon everybody:D ,

Really humid and sunny here today, have been in the garden this morning but I have had to come in now as it is much to uncomfortable to sit out in.

Emma - Hope all goes well with your new car and the Architect.

MrsH - it is way to hot to iron today so take it easy.

Erin - Good luck with your new job and your packing.

PL - Hope that you have a great time in Cambridge.

Janey83 - Have a lovely meal tonight, so glad to hear that you avioded the rain at the barbie last night.

Have a great day Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo:D

angieh
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Afternoon everyone! New car Emma - do tell, what model, etc.?

Erin - only 4 weeks to go without Elaine to boss you (er, sorry advise you) what to do! Will you be doing the same sort of work in Aberdeen as you do now?

Liz - what will you be up to in Cambridge??? Hope the weather stays nice over the weekend - from the weather forecasts it seems the east coast has been having the nicest weather .....

Janey - glad your BBQ was able to go ahead last evening and Happy Birthday to your Mum!

I have been out to the bank this morning and came home with a bag of the loveliest Kentish cherries. They've nearly all gone now but they were lovely. Such a short season and I never seem to get more than one cherryfest in!

Our Parfait jars arrived this morning (online purchase), so now the raspberries are really coming in, we are going to try and make raspberry vodka and then probably some more jam. We made raspberry jam a few years ago and it was the nicest - such a lovely clear colour and great flavour. I won't forget that I promised Leesy to put gooseberry jam recipes in the recipe sticky ...... may just take a little while to post. Trouble is of course when one is trying to loose a bit of weight, jam is the last thing you should eat ........ ah well, it lasts ages and makes nice little pressies for other people!

Have a good day everyone. Make the most of this weather, the next few days don't sound as nice.

EmmaG
01-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Angie,

Just picked the car up a New Mazda 6 Temura. I will post some pictures in the Travel and Cars section. It is a fab car.

As the advert says "zoom zoom zoom" lol

EmmaG
01-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Angie how do you make raspberry vodka?? I would love to know.

janey83
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Angie,

Just picked the car up a New Mazda 6 Temura. I will post some pictures in the Travel and Cars section. It is a fab car.

As the advert says "zoom zoom zoom" lol

Lol, I really want an Astra VXR, Im on the look out for one I really like.

Erin
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Yes Angie same work as what I do down here just more senior. Should be fun, although Im not to pleased that all my shifts the first week are lates :roll: :lol:

angieh
01-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Here's (http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/?p=362) the recipe I shall be using for raspberry vodka. You can use other fruit too and I shall certainly be doing sloe vodka in the autumn. It is far superior IMO to sloe gin.

Yola - if you see this and know of any other hints or tips for making fruit vodka ...... I'd be grateful!

dandysmom
01-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi, all; nothing as exciting here as new cars, new jobs or vodka making; just the usual market run. We had a heavy rain again last night about 8, almost an inch; this has been an exceptionally wet June. Last year we were moaning about the drought... :roll: Cloudy and not as warm so far, 26C, will not get much warmer for the next few days; right now the Holiday looks OK.

Bing cherries are in their (too short!) season here ....have been pigging out on them at lunch .... fresh peaches will be next! Can you make peach vodka, Angie? Congrats on the new car, Emma!

Off to the garden after,lunch to rig up some sort of protection for the first ripening tomato...am determined the squirrel or catbird won't get it...:-D

QUIZ tonight at 8 pm!

Try to stay cool, people and pusses! :D

angieh
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Peach schnapps is a popular drink Eileen - I'll Google and see if I can find a recipe!

yola
01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi - very late signing in . . . spent all day with pre-nursery and nursery on a trip to the lovely Beale Park . . . was a kind of 'classroom assistant' helping look after little 2-3 year olds :lol: Hugely tiring but immense fun.

They had a paddling pool and all the kids, including Sebi had just the best time. I have stinging shoulders though - despite the fact that they're already heavily tanned.

Then (I must be mad) went to the allotment and watered most of it and picked the first of our dwarf beans which we had tonight . . . delicious :D

Fruit vodkas Angie? I would use spirytus (40% proof spirit) cut with teh vodka to give a real kick :shock:

angieh
01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks for that tip Yola - I'll see if I can find spirytus online!

Is this (http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1521) the sort of stuff?

angieh
01-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Here (http://www.danish-schnapps-recipes.com/peach.html) is a peach schnapps recipe for dandysmom and anyone else who is interested. This was the first recipe I came across - I have not made it, so can't say whether it's yummy or not!

dandysmom
01-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Here (http://www.danish-schnapps-recipes.com/peach.html) is a peach schnapps recipe for dandysmom and anyone else who is interested. This was the first recipe I came across - I have not made it, so can't say whether it's yummy or not!

Thanks, that was very interesting. :D

yola
02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for that tip Yola - I'll see if I can find spirytus online!

Is this (http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1521) the sort of stuff?

That is exactly the stuff. It'll strip the hairs off your chest if you let it, so take it easy when imbibing :-D