PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Sunday...zzzzz

Mags
21-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone!:D

It's a bit of this and a bit of that day today, white clouds, black clouds, bit of blue and a bit of sun but it's dry and warm.

My son is staying for the weekend and we had a lovely family day yesterday when my daughter also visited so I've been quite busy these last couple of days. My Mac has been given a good Spring clean (aren't sons useful! :lol:)

My SIL gave me a huge washing up bowl of strawberries on Friday.... he has such a glut of them on his allotment this year, a couple of little Gem and Iceberg lettuces, also some new potatoes. We had two strawberry flans between us all yesterday and there are still loads of them left. We aren't jam lovers so I'll be thinking of other ways to use them:D

Tink, I hope things are progressing with K's recovery and he is feeling more comfortable.

Enjoy your day all!:)

janey83
21-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Morning Mags n everyone else.

Ive been to work this morning and while i was on the car park a dog came running up to me (I think it was something like a staffordshire bull terrier) I was like OMG! She started following me and im thinking omg I can see me being pinned against the wall! then as I got to the staff entrance a lad came out and the dog ran into Tesco! She had a wonder round the shop then went back out side. Hope her owners have got her now, she didn't have a collar on..... Dogs scare me, but she seem's ok.

Going to my brothers at 2 for a BBQ hopefully the sun will come out but it probably wont!

Its now raining here... oh well.

Have a great day everyone and dont let the daddys get away with everything lol.

dandysmom
21-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi, Mags, Janey! Where is everyone else? Not very Summerlike for the first official day of it...cloudy, cooler than normal (21C and a rather brisk wind. But at least not raining for a change ... Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads here! Did the market run and just going to chill the rest of the day.

Mags, do you like strawberry shortcake? My Mom had another delicious and dreadfully fattening recipe: whip a pint of whipping cream till stiff, put some strawberries in a bowl with a bit of sugar, mash them up well and fold into the cream; put in ice cube tray with divider removed and freeze till chilled and fairly stiff. That is soooo good! And tell Steve "Hi" from me please.Janey, hope you can manage the BBQ, maybe the ran will stop.

Enjoy the day!

yola
21-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Did the Father's day thing this morning with a leather/silver bracelet for OH and also a quick (but nice) late lunch in town. Apart from that it was the usual riding and down to the allotment where we did lots of weeding and I planted out my final summer crop - chicory.

5 more courgettes (zucchini), lots of rhubarb and some strawberries came home with us.

OH has done the ironing (yes :shock: ) whilst I repotted the tomatoes, boys are in bed and I'm about to start vacuuming and washing the basement floors as they are filthy due to little feet running in from outside constantly :roll:

dandysmom
21-06-2009, 08:13 PM
I hope you like zucchini, Yola! First year I planted them put in 3 plants...WAY too much for one person! They kept coming and coming and coming....... had to take the surplus in to work. But I do like them, especially in a Mediterranean dish with rice, garlic, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.

yola
21-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I just love them plain roasted with olive oil and a bit of ground pepper. Could eat them every day.

Thankfully Dominik does too (still working on Sebi though :roll: )

MrsH
21-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Golly, barely making it onto Sunday's slot. We've had son and his girlfriend here over the weekend so lots of chat and wine :-D

Father's Day has left one very happy OH with some special whisky and alcoholic truffle choccies (hic!)

Finally discovered one possible cause of my poor, intermittent broadband connection - OH has a new gadget thingy which seems to be interrupting the signal from the wireless router, so I've made him turn it off! The gadget is for sending tv transmissions upstairs so he can watch stuff I'm not interested in, up in the spare room. If he leaves it on standby it doesn't cause a problem so fingers crossed no more sudden loss of broadband connection.
:smt041

dandysmom
21-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh, I hope that solves the problem, MrsH!

MrsH
21-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Boys and their toys, DM, boys and their toys!