PDA

View Full Version : Splendid Saturday

Tink
20-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Mornin, all.
Runnin on no sleep once again. Must get up in an hour and a half to take my mom to the train station so I figured no use in getting to bed. She is leaving me today but has been so tremendously helpful I am hopeful I will get by fine on my own now through our recent medical ordeal.
Will head by the hospital on the way home, then back home to tend to furchildren, then back to hospital to spend the night. I am taking 9pm to 9am shift, his mom the remainder.
Trying very hard to be positive. I tend to do best when kept occupied and worse when things slow down and I have a chance to think..my mind gets me in trouble that way.
I was quite pleased with myself as my mom allowed me to cut her hair and pluck her eyebrows. She looks quite sharp now. I can't wait to hear what my dad's reaction is when he picks her up at the station in the afternoon.
I've never cut anyone's hair beside my own. My mom loves all the haircuts I did on myself so much she decided to trust me. I really should have taken before and after shots. Actually.....(*has inspiration*)...I might be able to work something out.
Hope you all have a lovely day. It's been sunny and a bit rainy here. I hope it dries up today.
Cheers!
Tink

janey83
20-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Afternoon Tink, n everyone else.

Ive cut my mums hair loads of times, with layers and everything in it lol, only knew how to do it from watchin the hairdressers doin my hair.
Even when she went to get her hair cut again my mum said that I'd cut it last time and the hairdresser said it was a really good job :-)

I went out last night for a meal and a few drinks (not drank in ages)... only got to bed at 12 and was up at 5am getting ready for work this morning, I had a bottle of wine to my self and im paying the price for it now lol... oh well.

Its cloudy and keps raining here.

Not got much planned for today really other than chillin.

Have a nice day all.

dandysmom
20-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi, Tink, Janey! Dismal rainy day here, 23C. I'd looked forward to going to the new Farmers Market today; not with this rain. I know farmers are hardy folk and would be there, but didn't fancy pottering about in all that rain. Will try again next Saturday, pity as I really wanted to check it out. So spent the time doing some chores I'd put off, so not a wasted time. No news otherwise.

Tink, how nice about your Mom's haircut. And find some time in that busy schedule to get some sleep for yourself...got to keep your strength up for K. Janey, morning after the night before, I see!

Hope everyone's weather improves!

yola
20-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Cloudy and humid here. I've had my hair done this afternoon which was nice; me time! OH took Domi to a party and Sebi to the park. I've just got their dinner ready (chicken and pasta with a homemade tomato, onion and pepper sauce - hidden veg for Sebi)!! Waiting for them to get back now.

Rainbow trout for dinner tonight for us - met my ex-MIL in town today and her first comment was about how much weight I'd put on - she never changes, but I actually like her more now then when I was married to her son!! :roll: But that comment has made me determined to eat more healthily and more moderatly. Not sure if I can do likewise with the wine though . . . we'll see :lol:

Tink - I hope there is a marked improvement with K when you return to the hospital. Just remember it's going to take time - it was hard going on his body and he will need time to build his organ strength. I hope you strength continues to hold . . . big hugs!

pinklizzy
20-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Hello all,
Feeling pretty yuk today-had more dental work done yesterday and pretyy sure they caught a nerve in my lower jaw with the local. Woke up this morning with pin and needles down the side of my face and thumping headache!
Ah well, been out and done the supermarket shop, watered the plants and made a trifle! Not a lot!
Hope you managed to get some sleep Tink and K is doing well.
What a cheeky ex MIL Yola!
Lx

dandysmom
20-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Ouch, Yola, catty little remark from ex MIL! But as the nuns in school used to say to us when someone said something unkind, "Consider the source..." :-D Rainbow trout.....I love it! I'm fixing Chinese tonight: won ton soup, shrimp shiu man and mini spring rolls with wasabi dipping sauce. Yum!