PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday daily

dinahsmum
16-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Beautiful morning - Mags; welcome back, you have brought the sunshine back with you!
Elaine - hope you are mobile this morning and Tink - thinking of you.
I've just switched on the TV :shock: - at 8.45am! - to set it to record for Kim's doggies. I hope they are on - the TV guide didn't mention blood donors. TV now off - I never put it on in daytime, except sporting events. I'm quite ignorant as to Deal or No Deal or This Morning etc. Used to sneak it on early for Countdown when that was on at 4.15 but it's now on way too early.
Are your cats enjoying the weather? Mine are
No news here. Have a good day

smudgley
16-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Morning - I'm working at home today and taking Ashleigh for an appointment with the ped....... ped....... ped....."foot people"! as she has a very poorly toe! (well 2 actually)
Mustn't forget Kims dogs, what time was it again? & was it CBBC? Must go & check details. :roll:

yola
16-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Morning! It's a bright sunny morning here today too. Sebi fell over in the playground this morning and had 2 bloody knees . . . poor lamb. All the other children were very concerned and crowded round whilst I dabbed his kness.

I need to take some pics of our staff for our soon-to-be-redesigned website today and get on with lots of bits and pieces again.

Tink
16-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi, it's 2am, heading off to bed soon. Lots to do today: Clean the house, clean the ferret room, clean the car interior, pick up Mom from the train station, tie up any loose ends I've forgotten.
Busy, busy, busy!! I have to wake up at 2:30am Wednesday morning so I can do chores before we head off to the hospital at 4am. Maybe I just won't sleep...I don't know, LOL.
Hope you all are having a good day :-)

Mags
16-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi! to everyone :D

It was so good to come back to a sunny UK, long may it continue! I had a busy day yesterday..... the dreaded after-hols laundry to do:roll: most of which has now been ironed, shopping etc. My daughter popped in with Katie an Jamie after school and said how relieved she was that we were back .......and why?........ because she was looking after our garden while we were away and worried herself sick that she would 'kill' the baskets and containers!!!:lol:

We had a marvellous time, beautiful weather with just one day of rain. Dubrovnik now heads the top of my list of places to visit again, the Old Town is an amazing place.

Hope to catch up on what you've all been up to these last two weeks now, I did pop in yesterday for a short while. I hope everyone is well and my thoughts will be with Tinks' OH tomorrow, stay strong for K, Tink.... (((hugs)))

Have a good day :D

PoshPuss
16-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Glorious day today here :D. It's a good day for me too, I'm spared afew days work so I'm off to see Take That's show in Cardiff tonight. It's a circus theme and by all accounts quite spectacular, so I'm really looking forward to it. Never been to a concert of theirs before but I like the music and since my SIL and niece could get tickets I hoped on board.

My workload has been heavy lately, there are only 9 of us on the team and one lass has a bad back so is off sick. then last Friday we had news of another colleague's diagnosis of breast cancer. We feel quite upset and it's having a terrible effect on morale and that's not good for our preg ladies is it? Our managers are pretty useless, leaving us to cover as best we can, with no offers of help! :(

So thats why I'm not on the forum as much as I want to be. Trying to drop in as much as poss tho to see whats happening. Love to you all, Nette, xxx

janey83
16-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Afternoon all.

Gorgeous day here today, I so didnt want to be in work. Nipped into town for a pair of jeans ive been after for like 5 months now, they still havnt got any in.

Not got anythin planned for tonight apart from going my bfs.

Have a good day all.

dandysmom
16-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Welcome back, Mags! Glad you had such a nice holiday. Grey and cooler than normal here, 21C, and may rain, ugh! Did the usual market run and finally got to the library to pick up my holds. Nothing new or exciting here.

Tink, thinking of you and K; pray all goes well tomorrow. Janey, what jeans are you looking for? PP, sorry to hear about your workmate; definitely depressing news; and your managers sound just like mine were before I retired! Wish I could see Kim's dogs tonight. Awww, poor little Sebi and his skinned knees...

We behaved while you were gone, Mags, and Az has finally given us a New Posts option that includes Chat and Games, Jokes, bless him!!

Enjoy the day!

Erin
16-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Afternoon all :)

Been gorgeous here today, shame I had to spend it at work, it will rain on my day off!!
A friend of mine has been confirmed of having swine flu today, 3 other friends are waiting results, chances are they have it, they had all been away together on a stag weekend. 512 cases in the west midlands now apparently, scarey stuff!!
Off to try and get some recent pics of Jerry for you all now.
Hope you have had a lovely day xx

angieh
16-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Evening all! So sorry to hear about your colleague PP. I do hope it's been caught early for good chance of recovery. Also scary to hear about your friend's diagnosis of swine flu Erin. It is particularly scary for younger people especially now that there has been the first death.

I forgot to tell that Kizzy lost her special phone number collar yesterday morning, which at least proved that the cat safe catch worked. We hunted all around the garden with no luck (of course it has the cat flap magnet on it too). This afternoon our neighbour brought it round and spoke to OH as I was at my hospital course. She said that her labrador had found it right up the bridle path and got to it before she could rescue it. It is chewed through and the catch completed busted. How it got up the bridle path ... well, the theory is that a magpie took it. We have the cat flap magnet back however. Kizzy is wearing her "ordinary" green collar now and as the special one cost over £8 with postage, I think I'll just get some tags made up with her phone number!!! It lasted just about 2 weeks. Ah well, live and learn!

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Mags - you'll notice a bit of a difference to the forum - I hope you like it. I certainly do!

Tink, my thoughts are with you and K. (((((HUGS)))))

Erin
16-06-2009, 09:39 PM
It is scarey Angie, I've spoken to him tonight, he's dosed up on strong antibiotics and these other tablets (can't remember what he said they were), and he's getting a little stir crazy from not being able to leave house, he hasn't been able to go out since friday and now with confirmed as swine flu, he'll be having to stay in a lot longer now. He doesn't sound to bad and said it just feels like the normal flu. The others should get there results tomorrow

dandysmom
16-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Poor guy, hope he'll be better soon. So far the mortality doesn't seem any worse than the usual seasonal flu, thank God.