PDA

View Full Version : Glorious Saturday!

angieh
30-05-2009, 10:52 AM
What a lovely day! I hope everyone is able to enjoy the sunshine - don't forget the sun protection though.

Just the day for a barbecue!

See you later alligators!

pinklizzy
30-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Such a lovely day! Just been out with the little stray dog again, making the most of the sun and letting her burn off some of her pent up energy.
Imogen is up on the windowsill, sunbathing. Her incision is looking a little red so I'll have to keep an eye on that today.
Will have to brave the supermarket at some point today-it's our anniversary today so I'm going to cook a nice dinner, not sure what yet!
Have a good day everyone.
Lx

dinahsmum
30-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Hooray for wireless! Here I am in the garden (esconsed under a giant parasol and slathered in factor 50)
It's mighty hot but I'm not complaining - yet! Have the ceiling fan on in the bedroom and have brought my chillow back into service.
We had a rush of blood to the head yesterday afternoon and moved the (pretty big) fig tree from a large pot on the decking to a spot in the garden. Had to dig a large hole and remove the dead stump of a maple tree which the builders stupidly planted in the corner - much too big! We'd cut it down and put stump killer on several years ago but had forgotten it was still there beneath the shingle/gravel. Phew! Anyway, it's done now, I think the fig will actually be better there, even though it's not the sunniest spot, and there is much more space on the decking.
After all that, a lazy Saturday sounds good.
Lamb kebabs from the barbecue with salad and new potatoes for tea/dinner/supper (!) tonight - nibbles and plenty to drink for the rest of the day.

CrAzy Mii 2
30-05-2009, 12:18 PM
What a brilliant day we're going to Thorpe Park! The kids are really excited and so are me and Ann! Just hope we've got enough sun cream! The pets are not enjoying the weather as much though, they all are lying on the floor, half asleep! But finnaly it seems for the first time in ages we have a proper summer coming!
Connor

Mags
30-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Summer's come????? :-D Simply gorgeous here and the temperature is rising...

Have been to the hairdressers this morning, have a last minute check to do in the suitcases before they're locked, give the garden a good watering this evening and then wait patiently for our son-in-law to pick us up at midnight to take us to the Coach station to catch the overnight coach to Gatwick.

We took Cassie to the cattery yesterday and she'd been given one of their new pens with a view out onto a field....... she jumped straight onto the shelf by the open mesh window to view the birds, butterflies etc..:) I know that will keep her occupied for hours! :lol:

I hope the weather stays good for all of you!

yola
30-05-2009, 12:38 PM
What a lovely day - my brother headed off at about 10 as he decided to stay over - he is SO good with the boys, which is really nice for them! The server crashed so OH had to go to the office for a bit and when he returned we wandered into town and are just back. Got a car-shaped paddling pool for the boys but OH realized his pump was in the Porsche (which is in a body shop in Slough) so has just run out to get another.

Will pop to the allotment later this afternoon once it's a bit cooler to check on everything, spray beans and apples for blackfly and water anything green!

Other than precious little planned - might have a barbecue later :D

janey83
30-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Absolutely gorgeous here as well.

We are having a BBQ later on with the family.

I was in work this morning and was so not wanting to be inside.

Ive now got the hiccups and heart burn at the same time!!! so not good... :-(

Enjoy the day everyone (dont get burnt!)

Elaine
30-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Afternoon all, lovely day here, I am feeling miserable with this bloody cold but am off to sit in the sunshine for a few hours before I have to work again. Going to my sisters this evening for a few drinks. Cats are already out sunning themselves.
Have a lovely day in the sunshine every one.
Mags, have a fantastic holiday xxx

MrsH
30-05-2009, 01:46 PM
A very bright, blue sky here today. Quite a few things now need watering in the garden and some of the bedding that we put in definitely needs a drink. OH is thinking about getting the ladders out and cleaning the windows (can't remember when we last saw a window cleaner round here) so, all in all it must be Summer!

We've got baby blue-tits flitting around the garden now, they don't seem to have quite mastered their wings yet though, their flights are "kinda wobbly" as Thumper said to Bambi.

Enjoy the rest of the day and remember the sunscreen!

Kazz
30-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Hiya allGorgeous day here, been in the garden and done a little cutting and tying back and give the pots/baskets etc a feedgiven Sal a bath to hot to take her out in the afternoon...although I have seen quite a few out with dogs dragging them out why is it always the dogs that don't see the light of day that get dragged out in the sun...shame.My brother and his family are back from Disney Land/World not sure which in France...he was sayng how expensive it is there the 6 of them (remember one is a baby of 14 weeks now ) so two adults and three children under 12 to eat £190 in a not posh place....*what* but they really enjoyed it. The plan was USA but with the unexpected addition of Lizzie then they decided on the shorter flight to France. The kids loved it Molly adored the fairytale Princesses....:) and the castle...Taylor and Lewis loved everything Lewi was allowed on more rides than they thought, he will follow his Dad and be kinda short then just sprout up.....but he loved the rides. Oh the baby is called Lizzie....for short.Karen

Kazz
30-05-2009, 02:08 PM
So a good day here Mom Dad off to see Singing in the Rain tonight at the Hippodrome I think it is? sure its not the Alex...but they are looking forward to it have to read the tickets though...to see where to pick them up Micky (brother) is dropping them off I am picking them up...Oh yes the Poppies are coming out too..........:)

alexgirl73
30-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Sounds as if everyone is having a gorgeous day too :D

Went to put up the paddling pool yesterday, only to discover a blasted hole in it. Too big to repair, so off to Asda first thing this morning, and they had a fab big family pool for £10! Took nearly an hour to fill though lol. Hayley is happily splashing aorund in it on her own, as Raechel has gone off to the lake district, camping with her best friend and family. Robert's just gone out to help a friend in his garden and I'm just about to go out and lie on the sun lounger :lol: Hope everyone has a fun day!

alexgirl73
30-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Hayley in the pool :)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/Photos245.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/Photos246.jpg

Kazz
30-05-2009, 03:24 PM
The perfect way to spend a summers day....£10 is a brilliant buy.

Mags
30-05-2009, 03:27 PM
That must be the bargain of the day, well done Alex it's lovely!:D

calismum
30-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi all - 23c here. I've retired to the house as too hot to sit out any longer.

Alfie went out about 9am and I've not seen him since! Hope he's just sun worshiping somewhere.

Will have potter round seedlings later but that'll be about it.

Mags, have a great holiday. Everyone else enjoy your barbees, pools etc.

dinahsmum
30-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Move over Hayley - we're on our way!

alexgirl73
30-05-2009, 03:42 PM
lol, she's having a blast out there! I keep popping out to dip my feet. I did go in for a while, but had to get dressed again to go to the shops, so can't be bothered changing again. But I keep plastering her in sunscreen so she's quite happy to stay out there.

dandysmom
30-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice to hear the weather's so lovely there...hope it means a proper Summer for you this year! The rain's finally over and the sun is trying to come out, but it's still cool for this time of year, only 22C. Did the library and liquor store run; nothing planned for the afternoon. Hven't had a BBQ yet, been too cool and rainy.

Alex, great pool, great buy! DM, once again I wish I could come to dinner, yummy! I'm having Chinese tonight. Mags, have a super holiday, you'll be missed. And sounds as if Cassie will enjoy hers too! CM, hope Alfie shows up soon.

Enjoy the day, people!

angieh
30-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Have a wonderful holiday Mags!

It's still lovely here. There is a big wedding in the house just down the bridlepath from us today - they have a great marquee and portable loos and a band. People came over during the week to let us know that the music will stop at 12.00 tonight. I could hear it outside, but not atm indoors. What a lovely day for a wedding.

I forgot to say earlier that Kizzy had a mouse in the night. She was acting very strangley, little cries and scrabbling around on the floor at the bottom of our bed (about 4.00 this morning). I got out of bed to see what was going on and didn't realise she'd got something. Then saw the mouse and thought it was dead, but as Kizzy's attention was distracted by me, the mouse whizzed off under the bed! I did hear some fairly revolting crunching noises later and have to say have found no sign of the mouse (or debris) this morning. I do hope either she ate it or it got out the window. Worse scenario is it's crawled away and we'll only find it later as the smell gets worse!!!! And I said "oh, mice are fair game!" - Yes, Kizz but not in the house PLEASE...............

EmmaG
30-05-2009, 05:12 PM
What a glorious day today!

Made some cupcakes and finally finished digging the last border in the garden, moved a few of the plants around and it looks so much better.

We are having a nice BBQ later, salad, couscous, chilli beef kebabs and spicy chicken. YUM!!!

Have a good evening everybody.

Kazz
30-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Angie what a great day for a wedding ....not what they expected I bet but sun shines on the righteous....:)Not sure what to have for dinner......a bit warm still.Well the weather is great here still just had a potter round the garden off to take Sal out shortly as I it seems am taking Mom Dad to the theatre which is the Alex... read the tickets now.;)Mags have a really good holiday, Emma it makes such a difference moving a plant or two doesn't it.

dandysmom
30-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I hope Kizzy got the mouse, Angie, what a good little huntress! Hope it doesn't upset her tum; has it been better since she's eating grass?

jan
30-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Gorgeous hot summer day but lovely breeze too so not too unbearable. I got two lots washing dry in no time! My daughter and I went shopping this afternoon. My grandson is 3 now, he has cerebral palsy and has been very poorly this spring but is looking so well now and really chunky handsome little boy. He tries so hard to talk. I had to laugh when I went up one aisle and Lisa and little un went another way and then we were walking towards one another Kai in his wheelchair (tho it looks like a buggy) and he had his thomas sun shades on and cap and laughing his head off with glee to see me coming towards them. So cute. Bought some stuff for my holiday in Spain next week. Came home to sort tea and catch the talent final. So nice relaxing day (shoppings my therapy lol) couple drinks tonyt and now my Catsey catch up. Here s to another nice day tomorrow! Jx :D

Kim
30-05-2009, 11:23 PM
That's a brill pool Alex - and what a bargain!!

Been very hot here, bit a nice breeze too. Jan just noticed you are in Leics -wonder if you are near us!

We have spent a lot of the day in the garden. We bought some railway sleepers and had a load of top soil delivered on Tuesday and have created our own vegetable patch! Added some manure and compost today and now all ready to plant lettuce, runner, beans, cabbage, sprouts, etc. We hired a skip so generally tidying up and clearing garden.

yola
31-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Kim - welcome to the growing band of catsey grow-your-owns :D :D :D

Look forward to hearing more about how you get on with your veggie growing!

dinahsmum
31-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Catsey becoming more like Cabbagesy every day! :)
I'm sure you'll enjoy it Kim

pookyandjo
31-05-2009, 09:59 AM
seems like you are all enjoying the warm weather... hope it keeps getting warmer and warmer for our visit there as 23 is still a bit cold for me... fav temp is 30 which is mild for us

CrAzy Mii 2
31-05-2009, 01:18 PM
We got back from Thorpe park at half ten last night, still it was rather warm! We had loads of fun! First the kids were demanding something to eat, as well as Alanah's BM being low (she's diabetic!), so we got some noodles! Then the kids went on the log fume leaving me and Ann to have five minuets piece (what a rarity!) We went on a really boring train ride going at about 5mph! Then we went on a caraselle, and then the teacups (the kids made theirs go really fast!) And then Kong and Alanah decided to go on a really terrible roller called stealth (I was probably more worried for them than they were!) We did quite a bit more but I'm only gonna write this much! The weather stayed really warm for us and we had a great day (dispite me almost turning into a lobster! even though I put half a bottle of sun cream on!) Glad to hear you all had lovely days! Have great holidays Mags and Jan! Glad to hear you’re all having fun in the weather!
Connor

dandysmom
31-05-2009, 03:53 PM
seems like you are all enjoying the warm weather... hope it keeps getting warmer and warmer for our visit there as 23 is still a bit cold for me... fav temp is 30 which is mild for us

Lol, Jo another heat lover I see! Had a grin when someone posted 23 was too hot...30 and 30+ are my favorite temps also! :-D

Kim
31-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Kim - welcome to the growing band of catsey grow-your-owns :D :D :D

Look forward to hearing more about how you get on with your veggie growing!

My dad used to have an allotment and I loved helping him and enjoying the delicious produce. I hope he is looking down and feeling proud of our little veg patch!! :D I am sure I will be asking lots of questions from those more experience veggie growers. I must confess that it is very exciting (now isn't that sad! :roll: )

angieh
31-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Kim - there is nothing sad about loving to grow things and enjoying the produce! It's one of the happiest things there is IMO.

dandysmom
31-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Even if you only have a small city backyard you can enjoy growing your own; and yes I think it is exciting. I only have room for s few things, but nothing tastes as good as something fresh and dead ripe from the garden, grown with no pesticides or herbicides. It's a great feeling of accomplishment, and takes us back to our agrarian roots. It's especially great I think for people with children who can learn that food doesn't just appear in the supermarket! And that it isn't necessarily always easy...you have cutworms, aphids, slugs, cabbage worms and other things that want to share in the bounty!

Sorry for the wordy post!

Kim
01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks, guess I'll be asking lots of questions soon!