PDA

View Full Version : Sedate Saturday

Kazz
16-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Come on you lazy bones where are you.................:-D

Must say though not long up myself the storm woke me once and the overwhelming "oppression" of the weather stopped me going back to sleep...oh well luckily off this weekend so it did not matter.
Weather is still overcaast and sky full of rain, so dark in fact it looks like evening.
A good note my nephew Jack went canoeing Thursday, and he was very very good at it in a two man canoe I hasen to add but his lack of fear apparently made him a perfect canoer although reading between the lines I think the "ranger" in with him would hav prefered an awareness of danger..............:roll: oh well he enjoyed it and he had a go at steering the boat....he is off to Wales on an adventure holiday later in the year. We know he enjoys rock climing in doors and absailing is it wher they are harnessed in to a rope and fly down a guide rope.....he's done that with us and the wire walk up in the air. Again under guidance. Jack is autistic for those who do not know.

Never went to the pictures yesterday had visitors....not got anything planned today but yesterdays plans went out the window so won't worry.

Have a good day all.

Mags
16-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Morning Kazz, looks like I'm the first to answer your roll call! :lol:

Woke up with a heavy head at 8.00am due to not getting to sleep until gone 4.00am:roll: I wish I could have slept a couple more hours but my waking clock appears to stay the same:roll:

We have sunshine this morning but there are more black clouds than blue sky up there so I don't think this will last.

Well done to Jack, Kazz .....he's an inspiration to others. It's good to know that he is able to partake in these events and enjoy life. You must be so proud of him..:D

Shame you missed the film but you have it to look forward to another day...;)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Kazz
16-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry you don't feel 100% Mags, I am at a loose end can you tell..........

MrsH
16-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Having a hoovering day today, cat and dog hair everyhere! Where does it all come from?

The cats don't like today's dull, windy weather and are both snuggled up in the spare room, they're not daft! The dog is looking out of the window, barking at the lilac blowing in the wind, he's only recently found his voice and it's strange to hear this "woo-woo-wooing" after him being such a quiet dog so far.

Enjoy the start of your weekend everyone.

yola
16-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Just back from town with Dominik - I had my nails done; he sat there like an angel and read The Wizard of Oz out loud to everyone :D It started raining as we walked back and now it's absolutely throwing it down.

OH has gone out with Sebi somewhere. I got cross with him this morning because he was getting really cross with Sebi and I've told him about not doing this because it just makes Seb more stubborn! He's peed off with me because I stepped in and calmed things down and had Sebi smiling and giggling (and eating) in a short space of time.

Going to sort some lunch out now and really not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon - it's too wet for the allotment!!

alexgirl73
16-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Afternoon all :)

Spent the morning at another talent audition with Raechel, she thoroughly enjoyde her last experience of it, so hoping she gets through to the next round again this time. She's also having a sleepover tonight, so no doubt I will get very little sleep lol. Wet, windy and miserable here, so no plans apart from housework really

Oh, and yes Karen I will get on it lol!

calismum
16-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Showery here today but 16c so managing bit od weeding between showers. Been to supermarket today and went to look at some more poultry houses.

Friends son is joiner and he has offered to build one, so going to have a chat with him in a couple of hours.

Hoovering is beckoning but I'm having some Catsery time first.

Have a great day peeps.

angieh
16-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Very windy again here today, but so far no rain.

OH and I have been quite busy in the garden - our recycled potato sacks arrived and so we've planted them up with several different varieties. Also used 2 for carrots - I love home grown carrots!

Laundry on the go and we've got a banana and walnut loaf in the oven!

OH is now watching golf/cricket or whatever is still been played due to adverse weather conditions. I think the dusting is calling me!

dandysmom
16-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Gloomy, dank and dismal here too; not raining yet but looks as if it will any second now. Have the lights on, it's that dark. Manged to get to the library and the Giant Supermarket for Leia's chicken before the deluge; won't be any gardening today! Fortunately, there's the big Saturday crossword and Catsey to keep me entertained.
My dusting and hoovering have been calling me also; but I took a message and will get back to them later...perhaps!

Let's all think "Sunny Sunday!!

Elaine
16-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Evening all, just on my way out to see some cockateils, thought I'd say hello. Have ordered some printed t-shirts and a hoodie for work, just feel I should distinguish myself from joe blogs walking a few dogs. Bookings and enquiries are coming in steadily now. Walked my little socks off last week and this so am quite exhausted tbh but not complaining.
Weather is crap here at the mo but not alot we can do about that so we just get on with it.
Eva is complaining like hell coz she cannt get out into the garden. She's doing my head in as she can reach a certain pitch that just grates but she wont go out in the rain and it seems that's all MY fault. Bernie on the other hand is quite content to be snuggled up warm and cozy on any available lap.

Donna
16-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Evening all!

Quiet weekend as both the children are in Scotland with their father visiting his relatives. Quick visit as they are back tomorrow night..

Had a night out last night and a visit to the hairdressers this morning. Thats about it for me so far!! Been at home doing the washing as the kids left a mountain of clothes in front of the washing machine before they went!!

Takeaway and a dvd with a friend tonight I think.

PoshPuss
16-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Evening all! Busy day here too. A long shift in work and an oncall tonight. Meantime have family round for rugby and Eurovision party!!! Fitting in the washing/tumbling between programmes. Weather very unpredictable, blue skies then black then downpours ! Chinese takeaway deliverey tonight; not bothering with the kitchen sink etc. :)
Seeeyas.

yola
16-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Well I DID get to the allotment despite the high winds and squally showers. Planted a further 6 courgette plants and also 12 sweetcorn.

I hope we have a nice day soon as I really need to get my beetroots, sunflowers, fennel and sorrel in the ground from their various pots and trays.

Kazz
16-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Yola you are becomng addicted.............I'll have to start calling you and hubby "The Goodlife"

calismum
16-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Yola you are becomng addicted.............I'll have to start calling you and hubby "The Goodlife"

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044

yola
17-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Hmmm. Not sure about that ;) ;) ;)