PDA

View Full Version : WAlking holiday in The Arctic

Kazz
05-05-2009, 06:50 PM
In Blacks the outdoor shoop today getting my first pair of walking boots, I met a lady who is off in June on a walking holiday to The Arctic..........apparently last year she met people on a walking holiday to Antarctica and decided to go to The Artic this year....she is 80 in May.....Good on her I say....an inspiration.

MrsH
05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow, that's one game lady!

Mags
05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Well done to that lady, if you're up to it - go for it, I say!:D

I hope she has a wonderful time, plenty of memories to bring back home.........and not too many blisters!:D

dandysmom
05-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow, good for her! Not my idea of a holiday, though!

angieh
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Makes you proud to be a woman!

dinahsmum
06-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Fabulous!
You're a long time dead, so if you want to and you practically can - just do it

pookyandjo
08-05-2009, 11:24 AM
good on her for getting out there... but not some place i would want to go... certainly not walking... i hate the cold... try and leave australia during our winter for somewhere warm most years!

Kim
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
good on her for getting out there... but not some place i would want to go... certainly not walking... i hate the cold... try and leave australia during our winter for somewhere warm most years!

My OH is from Melbourne and said it can get Melbourne winters can be v cold!His parents used to go up to the Sunshine Coast for the summer and now live there.

Interesting choice of holiday for her Kazz, good on her I say! Not sure if I would fancy this, but I would love to go to Norway or Iceland and fancy staying in an ice hotel, only for 1 night though! :-D

calismum
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow - it just shows you're never too old. I must agree tho' not what I'd choose to do, but each to his own.

pookyandjo
09-05-2009, 04:14 AM
My OH is from Melbourne and said it can get Melbourne winters can be v cold!His parents used to go up to the Sunshine Coast for the summer and now live there.
Interesting choice of holiday for her Kazz, good on her I say! Not sure if I would fancy this, but I would love to go to Norway or Iceland and fancy staying in an ice hotel, only for 1 night though! :-D

What part of Melbourne Kim?.. im in Frankston which is a beachside suburb around 40kms south of Melbourne at the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula

Kim
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
What part of Melbourne Kim?.. im in Frankston which is a beachside suburb around 40kms south of Melbourne at the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula

He was born in Bentleigh, but also had a holiday home on Philip Island. :) His sister now lives in Benalla and his nephew in Croydon.

Where you live sounds lovely.