PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Daily

janey83
29-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Mooning all.

Its sunny/hazy/looks like its gonna chuck it down here today. 8c at the moment.

Not got anythin planned for today, Ive just come back from work and I'm really tired. I'm still happy from seeing p!nk on Sunday lol, she's at Liverpool tonight, I so wonna go but not go a ticket.:( Oh well.

There's just been a black and white cat on my drive so I went outside and stroked it... I think it was girl.... might of been a boy though. But omg I picked it up and its as solid as anythin and it was really heavy as well! Never held a cat so heavy lol.
Should of took some pics but my mobile was upstairs.:roll: I'll get some pics next time.

Anyhow, Have a nice day all.

angieh
29-04-2009, 09:32 AM
It's a gloriously sunny day here - blue sky and will get warmer I hope as the sun gets higher. OH has gone to play golf and I have dictation with a tight deadline, so I probably will have to wait until this afternoon to catch up on Catsey goings-on!

Would love to see a picture of your driveway cat, Janey!

Leesy
29-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi all,
It`s sunny and hazy here this morning as well, hopefully the sun will come out properly and it will warm up abit, off out to get some basics from the shop later.
I am off to Aqua Aerobics tonight, not been before so that will be fun:lol: :lol:
Bye all and have a nice day Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Xxx.

yola
29-04-2009, 10:31 AM
It's a lovely, calm, bright and warm sunny day here. I'd love to be at the allotment but sadly I'm stuck in the office. Feeling a bit deflated again today - not sure what's up (well yes I am actually - I'm married to it) :roll: but unfortunately life goes on.

Got the dates for Dominik's first ballet exam, he's very keen to do it, especially the part about having his hair gelled :lol:

dinahsmum
29-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Lovely day here too. I'm back from a very early 90 minutes on the allotment - not that I'm feeling very lark-like, just that there was a clash of need for the car today, so I drew the early shift! We had a ton of rain yesterday afternoon/evening and things are quite heavy. However, it is def the growing season - everything seems to be doing fine. Strawberries (from the polytunnel) very soon and lots of flowers on the first of the outside ones. Goodness, it's May on Friday and it will be Wimbledon before we know it.

pookyandjo
29-04-2009, 11:35 AM
It's a lovely, calm, bright and warm sunny day here. I'd love to be at the allotment but sadly I'm stuck in the office. Feeling a bit deflated again today - not sure what's up (well yes I am actually - I'm married to it) :roll: but unfortunately life goes on.

Got the dates for Dominik's first ballet exam, he's very keen to do it, especially the part about having his hair gelled :lol:

Your son does ballet Yola?.. that's great... how old is he and what ballet Syllabus does he learn.. my reason for asking is because my daughter has been doing RAD syllabus since she was 3 (she will be 20 in July) She teaches class now and is doing the formal training to be a ballet teacher in addition to doing early childhood learning at uni..Boys in ballet can go a long long way if they enjoy it and keep going.. there are never enough boys once they get to about 10 cause that's when they all get to the point where they think it isn't cool to do ballet..I hope he does well with his exam

yola
29-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks Jo, how cool that your daughter has followed it as career! Dominik's been doing it since starting at the nursery class of his little school at the age of 2 (he's now 5 1/2) . . . he's currently doing pre-primary which is the very first exam and yes, it's the RAD. His 2-year-old brother Sebastian has also started, but he's nowhere near as dainty and elegant as Dominik who really is rather good at it!

And quite spookily, his ballet teacher used to run my aerobics class 20 years ago :shock:

angieh
29-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I love Yola's "especially the part about having his hair gelled" - it's interesting to know that Domi finds that idea particularly attractive!

MrsH
29-04-2009, 12:32 PM
It's been a lovely morning, very warm when we were out in the woods, but it's clouded over a bit now.

Hubby's off to the pub for lunch with a couple of mates in a wee while so I've got the house to myself for the next 3 hours. Honestly! These retired old fogies sitting, staring into their beer, putting the world to rights, just like "Last of the Summer Wine"!

Have a good afternoon everyone.

dandysmom
29-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Dismal weather here: yesterday it was 28C at this hour, today it's 7, with a cold drizzly rain. Yesterday: shorts and tee, today sweatpants and a sweater. Leia was on the porch for about 5 minutes and has retired to her thermal pad. Just had a lie in and did some needed hoovering and dusting; can't work in the garden. Well, on a positive note, we did need the rain....

Interesting about ballet, Yola and Jo; that's such a magical art to watch. Oh DM, fresh strawberries sound wonderful! Janey...yes, do try for a pic of driveway cat.

Reminder: quiz tonight, 8 pm, Games, Jokes'

Enjoy the day!

PoshPuss
29-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi All! I've just returned from a fab day out in the Cotswolds, did a bit of scenery viewing ( stunning ) then a visit to Sudeley castle and the pretty town of Winchcombe. Glorious weather for travelling and seeing the Spring flowers at their best. :D Sat down to a lovely cream tea, fluffy scone, dollop of jam and cream, and lovely cuppa. Took pics so wll post in Travel section when I upload them to photobucket.

My furbabes missed me, begging food and cuddles now so must attend :)