PDA

View Full Version : St Georges Day daily

dinahsmum
23-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Good morning!
Ah - it's nice to go travelling but it's oh so nice to come home, as the song goes.
It's a dull morning, which is a bit of a disappointment as I thought the weather was good.
I'll write about Ches in 'his' thread in Cat Chat and I've got some piccies of him too.
Still a bit tired/jet lagged, so don't expect wit and wisdom from me today (no change there then!)

yola
23-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Morning H - lovely to have both you and the ginger one with us once again :D
I'm back at work as the littlies are back at school. Much as I love their company it's nice to get back to wearing smart(er) clothes and adult company/conversation.

We have hazy sunshine at the moment which I think will burn off to a bright sunny day. I have masses of stuff to catch up with so need to get on . . . chat later!

Kazz
23-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Lovely weather here, nothing to report other than planted a couple of the tubs/basets up I am bored so it keeps me occupied.

alexgirl73
23-04-2009, 11:38 AM
It's not St Georges day, it's Roberts day lol! My OH has his t shirt on today, as it is his birthday, proudly stating that message! Not much happenig though. Just been in the garden checking on my veg, all coming along nicely :D Got some more seed packs int he post today, but no where to plant them lol, so may have to go and buy some large pots next week. The kittens are a week old today, can't believe it. Hope everyone is getting some nice sunshine.

janey83
23-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Afternoon all, Ive just come in from work and my back is killin me!

Its hazy cloud here with some sun trying to shine through.

Not got anythin else planned for today other than lounging around hehe.

angieh
23-04-2009, 02:46 PM
It's not St Georges day, it's Roberts day lol! My OH has his t shirt on today, as it is his birthday, proudly stating that message! Not much happenig though. Just been in the garden checking on my veg, all coming along nicely :D Got some more seed packs int he post today, but no where to plant them lol, so may have to go and buy some large pots next week. The kittens are a week old today, can't believe it. Hope everyone is getting some nice sunshine.

1) Happy Birthday to Robert! :cool:
2) Kittens a week old? Oh, I think I need to see pictures of week old kittens .................. please?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yola
23-04-2009, 03:15 PM
So despite the sunshine, today's taken a bit of a turn for the worst.

Some woman - heavily pregnant and with a small child in the car just rammed into Ken's car. It's only round the corner from our office, but just as the road narrows. He's still down there with the police; she's been taken to hospital as a precaution but having just spent the last hour down the lane I think both her and the little girl are OK.

However if only she'd been looking where she was going instead of reading directions AND speeding she might have seen him coming :evil: Her Renault is a complete write-off and he's just praying that his much-loved old Porsche can be repaired.

dinahsmum
23-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh no!
I'll join with all your hopes too Yola.
It frightens me the way so many people think they can multi-task whilst driving.

Kazz
23-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Hope all and everyone is well Yola. Were there any witnesses.....or was/is it obvious its the other drivers fault?
I had to give my details Tuesday sitting at traffic lights going right "against the traffic" but the sort of lights that don't have an "offical turn" but when you can/gap...anyhow in front of me turning right was a taxi "private hire" all of a sudden he went I for a split second thought whats he doing...when bam....a MPV coming across with right of way just hit him...full on...I mean the MPV had right of way I assume the taxi driver saw the one car turn left, and did not notice the oncoming car...the MPV hit the taxi front wing and passenger door which was lucky as there were an elderly couple in the back anothER 1ft and they would of been broadsided.
Eldrly couple and taxi driver taken away in ambulances as well as the MPV driver's passenger too also a pregnant lady.

dandysmom
23-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Sorry about the Porsche, Yola, hope it can be repaired; glad Ken is OK. People who text, read, put on makeup, etc, while driving are a real menace. Alex, happy birthday to Robert, and kitten pics are definitely required, please!! DM, so nice to have you back home with BOTH boys.

Sunny but brisk for this time of year, only 10C and quite windy; will be in the high 20s by the weekend, cannot wait. Usual market run, no particular plans for the day except messing about in the garden....all the recent rain has inspired the weeds ...they're flourishing, as fast as I grub one out another two emerge...aaaugh!! But I have buds on five of the new iris I put in last August; will take some pics when they bloon.

May the sun shine on all today.....

MrsH
23-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear about the Porsche, Yola, hope the process of getting it sorted out goes smoothly.

I've decided that I really dislike our local chemist's, no matter when you go in there you always have to wait an age to get a prescription made up. OH (the meekest of men) had a huge row with them once after he'd been waiting for over 20 minutes. They told him he couldn't possibly have been there that long as they were working to a 10 minute target! Today there were 8 or 9 people in there, just waiting to collect their medication. They advised me to wave my arms in the air to get attention :roll: I had to stifle a laugh when the assistant said there would be a 10 minute wait, I'll go back and collect my stuff tomorrow instead.

angieh
23-04-2009, 05:09 PM
So glad Ken's OK, Yola. Makes me queasy in my tum to think what could have happened to either him or the pregnant lady or her child. Do hope he can get his beloved car fixed.

PoshPuss
23-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Sorry about your car troubles Yola, I suppose I can forgive her being distracted in a car with a young one and 'hormonely challenged' but speeding ? tut, tut.

Been super glorious here today, but not been out in it as much as I would have liked , sat an hour in the docs with mum, sat another hour in the hairdressers. A quick trot around the town for cleaning stuffs in Wilko then home for school run.

Tonight is the ironing night, and catch up on Sky + progs.

Have a lovely St Georges Day, you Saxons :D cheers!