PDA

View Full Version : San Antanio...

Moli
06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
We have been to San Antanio for the weekend, what a fantastic place, full of history, went to the Alamo, met a Mexican in old fashioned dress...(Got pictures) people were just lovely, and the temp was in the 90's....Had a ride it an opened top carriage, the driver was Mexican, could not pronounce his name, let alone spell it, his horse who was white was called Marshmallow:D went for a riverside walk and met a little ginger & white cat, who was stone deaf, but gorgeous....met 2 American bulldogs too, absolutely gorgeous!
Really a great place to visit....:) Will definitely go back there again...

janey83
06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Cool, and welcome back. Sounds like you had a nice time, will have to see some of ya pics

dinahsmum
06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Sounds fabulous
Is it actually in Mexico?
I watched No Country for Old Men at the weekend and it terrified me about that country and the violence surrounding the drug trade. However, Hollywood and the truth don't necessarily go together
I'm glad you had a great time

angieh
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you still there Moli??? In Houston, I mean? With Janey saying "welcome back" I've got confused!

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

dandysmom
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Sounds great, Moli, glad you're having such an interesting time here! Look forward to the pics.

DM, the violence around the border cities isn't exaggerated too much; drug smugglers, people smugglers (coyotes), and the Mexican gangs make for a bad situation. And it's a huge border and law enforcement is a bit undermanned and overwhelmed. Not good.

Moli
06-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Sounds fabulous
Is it actually in Mexico?
I watched No Country for Old Men at the weekend and it terrified me about that country and the violence surrounding the drug trade. However, Hollywood and the truth don't necessarily go together
I'm glad you had a great time
It was Mexico at one time, but since the Alamo is now Texas....

Moli
06-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Are you still there Moli??? In Houston, I mean? With Janey saying "welcome back" I've got confused!

Look forward to seeing your pictures.
I am still in Houston Angie, go home on April 16th.....:)

Moli
06-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds great, Moli, glad you're having such an interesting time here! Look forward to the pics.

DM, the violence around the border cities isn't exaggerated too much; drug smugglers, people smugglers (coyotes), and the Mexican gangs make for a bad situation. And it's a huge border and law enforcement is a bit undermanned and overwhelmed. Not good.
Have you ever been there Eileen, I did not want to come back to Houston:? would loved to have spent longer there...:)

Leesy
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Sounds like you are having a great time there Moli :D , and I can`t wait to see your pics.

Elaine
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Glad you are enjoying yourself while the rest of us slave for a living:lol:
No seriously happy your having a good time xxx

dandysmom
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Never been anywhere but the East Coast, Moli. And not much here; I'm as bad as those medieval peasants who rarely ever travelled more than 20 miles from home .... :roll:

Moli
06-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Never been anywhere but the East Coast, Moli. And not much here; I'm as bad as those medieval peasants who rarely ever travelled more than 20 miles from home .... :roll:
Thats a shame Eileen, so many places to go here....:)