PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Thread

yola
30-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Morning (only just)! And so another stressful week begins.

It's bright but cold here; there was frost on the car this morning. I struggled waking up again as I had to get up to sit with Sebi and then couldn't warm up or get back to sleep.

Driving in this morning I got a puncture and the 3 minute drive between the boys' school and the tyre place resulted in a complete flat. However 'tis fixed but have to get 2 new tyres as they're worn right down. Bang goes £270 next week :shock:

Once I got up to the village where the office is, I came across a procession of primary school children obviously walking - in full biblical costume - from school to the church. They were doing a Easter passion thing carrying palms and they even had a couple of little donkeys with them. It was quite moving to see them all.

Leesy
30-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi everybody, weather here this morning is not to bad but not to clever either, if the sun comes out think it will be quite nice like yesterday, fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear about your tyres Yola, cars :roll: they are always costing us money aren`t they, bet the Easter procession looked lovely:D .

I got off to a bad start this morning as yesterday I put all the clocks forward but forgot to put my mobile phone forward:oops: , so last night I set my alarm on my phone as usual for 6.30am, I was suddenly woken up by my husband phoning up at what I thought was 6.20am when he usually phones at about 7.20am, I said "what are you doing phoning so early" he replied "well it is 7.20am" well all I could say was "OHHHH S***" when it dawned I hadn`t changed my phone setting, had to rush around like a looney this morning, must have looked like a mad woman LOL:lol: :lol:

Hope everybody has a great day
Pauline Maxi & Maisy X:D

janey83
30-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Morning all,

I woke up at 4.30am this morning and shot up out of bed and started to get ready for work... only realise after 5 mins that i was an hour early... doh! So got back into bed and did not want to get up when i really had to lol.

My parents are coming back from their holiday today, they wont like the weather, its really fine rain its gone a bit brighter than it was before though!

Have a nice day all.

Donna
30-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Lovely sunny day today. At work for another few minutes then off for a hospital appointment.

Have a good day all.

Mags
30-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Lovely sunny day today. At work for another few minutes then off for a hospital appointment.

Have a good day all.
Hope all goes well at the hospital Donna.....

dinahsmum
30-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Afternoon everyone. I have had a busy day, shopping, dog walking but mostly gardening! This is my first sit-down since breakfast (had just a banana for lunch) - everybody say aaahhhh, poor you ;) It's a busy gardening time anyway, and I want to get 'ahead of myself' so it will be fine to leave it for a week when we go off shortly.
Tyres - expensive beasts!
Sorry everyone seems to have had clock change problems. Apart from being really tired and sneaking off to bed early yesterday we seem to have avaoided that.
Donna - all the best for your appointment. Do your notes say 'Mystery Woman'? :)

dandysmom
30-03-2009, 04:29 PM
We're having our usual weird Washington weather...was 23 degrees yesterday, and 8 now, with howling winds, but sunny. Leia spent most of the afternoon bird watching on the porch...the damn squirrel somehow got the lid off the canister of bird seed by the feeder and ate all the sunflower seeds, leaving the rest on the ground to the delight of a large flock of sparrows and one mourning dove!

Forgot the library hours had changed (not open till 1 pm), so just dropped off my books, couldn't pick up the holds. Stupid of me.

All my seeds but two have sprouted, as has the "potato-in-a-pot"!! That's my dull news here.

Donna. hope all goes well at the hospital.