PDA

View Full Version : What's yours called?

dinahsmum
24-03-2009, 01:39 PM
The new company car came yesterday. It's a nice little VW Golf.
What to call it?
Well, I tried to find golf-related names, sothought Tiger, Monty, Shark etc but didn't like any of those. Then I thought of the TV commentator Peter Alliss, who has such a nice deep brown voice. So Alice was my choice!
OH said, as part of the registration number is HHB we might call it Pencil.
So - that's it, Alice Pencil! Bet there aren't any other cars with that name :)

The Saab is called Sven, which isn't a very inventive name, but suits him!

What's yours called and why?

smudgley
24-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Mine is called Fiona Focus, that's because I inherited her from a collegue & she was already called Fiona.

Johns is called "the frontera" :roll:

yola
24-03-2009, 02:41 PM
LOL! We used to call my friend's Frontera the Backteria :shock:

My Audi is called 'the brute' 'the thug' or 'the tank' - because that is what it is :D It's not a car that I've named because for me it's simply a workhorse and although it's a super car, I'm in no way attached to it to the extent where I'd name it.

Leesy
24-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I once had a yellow sporting Punto that I calles Tweetypie LOL:lol: :lol: , it was ace but it has died now:cry:

alexgirl73
24-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Mine is Dolly the Doblo lol.

dandysmom
24-03-2009, 04:08 PM
LOL, as a non-car person. I'm always bemused at people naming their cars... :shock: :-D

MrsH
24-03-2009, 06:15 PM
We've never named any of our cars, just identified them as "your car" and "my car"!

random
24-03-2009, 09:45 PM
My pal had a wee (old type) pink mini called Daisy, she now has a 206 I think it's Clive or something, i'm not sure. I have never had my own car yet to name as i'm far too useless at driving. :roll:

Moli
24-03-2009, 11:58 PM
The smart car is "Dinky"....My 4 wheel drive is "The dog wagon"!