PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday chat

dinahsmum
24-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Still a chilly wind.
We were at the allotment at 8am (!), just depositing the two fruit trees I have to plant later, whilst we still have the people carrier car, which has more room to accommodate them (it should have been collected yesterday, so no doubt someone will come and take it away soon). There was a gaggle of red-legged partridge doing their thing there - what a racket they make in getting into the air - not graceful at all.
So sad for Angie to read her inevitable news :(
I'm planting an apple and a pear later today. One will be for Chester and one for Merlin :(
I think it's 3 weeks from today that we will be setting off for Georgia. I did the online 'Please may we come into your country' (Ensa or something like that) applications yesterday, and we got immediate 'Yes's, so that's something! Nice to know you are not considered persona non grata.
Have a good day

yola
24-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Morning DM, morning all

I have to admit to being saddened greatly by last night's news about dear Merlin. I even told OH - and I NEVER usually discuss Catsey stuff with him! I hope Angie's bearing up - I suspect today will be a difficult one to get through.

I had a rotten night with both boys waking in tears with nightmares. Sebi ended up in bed with us which meant I only got about 3 hours sleep last night. Feeling ropey as a result.

My 2 fruit trees arrive this week from the growers - 2 dwarf apples trees; 1 x jupiter and 1 x sunrise aparently they are good polinators for each other :cool: Also, we will be having 3 tonnes of horse manure being delivered in the next day or two . . . £45 for the load AND they'll shovel it off for us!

meep
24-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Morning DM and Yola!

Have to admit I'm feeling pretty low after the news about Merlin, only found out this morning. I hope Angie and her OH are ok.

Yola, sorry to hear about the bad night's sleep. Poor lads with nightmares and poor you. Although apple trees are fun! Nothing like apple pie made with home-made apples ;)

DM the apple and pear tree for Merlin and Chester is a lovely touching thought. May they be very fruitful!

A very chilly day here, not impressed that spring has gone into hiding. My dance class finishes on Thursday, it's the last one :( So on the hunt for other classes today to fill the hole. Otherwise it's just a normal day here. Hope everyone is well!

Kazz
24-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Morning all.
Bright yet cold here, may venture into the front garden not sure, its my day off today....not sure yet.

Also my Mom Dad's wedding anniversary 48 years.....they are not doing anything today, no meal out with Mom's almost liquid diet now its an impossibility, however they have had theatre trips given, on Sunday they went to see "Musicals of Andrew Lloyd Webber" with four singers and the B'hamSymphonyOrchestra at Symphony Hall; Dad and Mom throughly enjoyed it. They are going to see Foster and Allen at the Town Hall in a fortnight too, and singing in the Rain in May at The Alex theatre.

May pop to the garden centre today not sure....bit of a mishmash day...

Thinking of Angie and her husband and hoping they are fine. Its hard I know yet sometimes the descision is harder than the action and the aftershock.....it was the right time.

Karen

janey83
24-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Afternoon all,

I have just got in from work and my Catsey Calender has arrived yay. It really really good, loads better than how I expected it to be.

Its cloudy and sunny here, still a tad windy as well, 9c.

Not got much planned for the rest of today really.

Leesy
24-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi there everybody, its nice and sunny here but there is quite a chilly wind a blowing, managing to get some gardning done this afternoon while the little uns are asleep.

DM I bet you can`t wait until your trip to Georgia, and thats a lovely idea with the friut trees.

Yola sorry to hear that you had a bad night, hope that you have a better one tonight.

Meep so sorry to hear that it is your last dance class tonight, you will have to really give them a show tonight ;) .

Kazz if you go to the garden center hope you get something nice.

Janey83 the calendar is ace, I can`t wait to get mine up on the wall in April.

I hope Angie and her OH are managing to cope with the loss of Merlin, such sad news it is so upsetting:cry: :cry:

dandysmom
24-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I like Meep's expression "Spring has gone into hiding"!! That's exactly what it's done here, sun is shining and it's only 2 degrees! Furnace is working hard again, another big heating bill coming in the future. And we did get a freeze last night even in the City; magnolias are brown mush today. I picked up some crocosmia bulbs at the market: the triumph of hope over experience. They die out for me, wish I had some of the vigorous strain that you complain about being invasive!

I'm so saddened about Merlin; looking at his sleeping pic on the calendar this morning; such a wonderful old boy. DM, a lovely thought about the fruit trees. All's well here, no news really.

Have a great day......

Rockmaiden
24-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Well I had a very bust day today.

I offered to accompy my daughter's class on a visit to church this morning so off we went walking in my new shoes which 10 minutes later turned out to be agony to walk in!

After a painfull walk there I was relieved to be able to sit down but just 10 minutes later and we were walking back, ouch!

I eventually got home at half 11 and vowed to never again wear them shoes.

I then went off to the vets with the 6 kittens I have that are a bit poorly and am told that they have cat flu!!

Thankfully we caught it early and it's a mild strain so they should be fine but they all had to have fluids and antibiotics injected which they did not like one bit.

I've only been in for half an hour and I'm off to pick the children up in 10 minutes.

I think I deserve a lie in tomorrow.

PoshPuss
24-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Hiya!
I'm between night shifts, so just surfaced. Caught up on the sad news about Merlin and I send my love to Angie, it's going to be a tough day :(
It's like we're a big cyber family and we share each others joys and sorrows.

Not much going on here, both doggie and puss are 'resting' I expect I'll get a bit of trouser tugging from 'er 'ighness in a minute for food and fussing... but I don't mind that ;)

I'll be back tomorrow, refreshed :)