PDA

View Full Version : Windy Monday...

Moli
23-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Morning! I have not done one of these for ages....
Its beautiful here, but still have the very strong wind....Got a few things to do today before going away on Thursday, must stock up with dog & cat food..
Dutch & Daisy have settled in well, Dutch is still a bit frightened, but will come round....

Hope all the poorly people and pets are feeling better soon...Have a good day all...

dinahsmum
23-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Morning Moli - morning everyone. The wind is picking up here too and it is noticably cooler. However ...
I've just read Smudgleys report on Bluebell and on her Dad (having been away yesterday) so I am thinking extra special thoughts for her and anyone else who has family or fur-family who are unwell. We went to my Mum's yesterday and I am pleased to report that her old doggie seems much brighter.
Company car-swap day today, so my OH is a little excited at getting a new toy. We brought a couple of pot grown patio fruit trees back from Mum's, to be planted out at the allotment, and there was a bit of compost-spillage on the journey, so he's busy with the vaccuum so the current vehicle can go back tidy.
No news, otherwise, hope everyone has a calm, uncomplicated, day

PoshPuss
23-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Morning Moli and DM :)
I'm going for lunch with a friend today, she's just got her first midwifery post, very excited! We both celebrated birthdays recently so will have lots to chat about.
Sorry to hear of Smudgely's troubles. I know a lot of folk who have poorly relatives at the moment, guess it goes around like that.
Have a lovely day ladies, yes, the wind is def. picking up, I just heard the back door slam! Where's the cat!

yola
23-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Sun is giving way to black clouds and the wind is picking up here too. Had a lovely weekend down the 'lottie' - this time I WILL post some pics in the appropriate place :D

I have slightly sunburnt shoulders from much digging in my little vest top - who'd believe it - sunburn in March :shock:

Today is more 'nose-to-the-grindstone' stuff as work is getting worryingly quiet and we need to find ways to stimulate activity.

janey83
23-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Morning all.
Im just home from work and omg how windy is it!!!

Not got anything planned for today really other than house work etc. Im gonna get to bed early tonight as Ive been really tired and cant keep my eyes open for the past few days (with being ill as well)

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Leesy
23-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Hello there everybody, it is very windy here today in fact it has been blowing a gale since last night, don`t think I will be venturing forth anywhere today not with 3 little ones under 3 yrs old LOL:lol: , think we would all get blown away.
Hope everybody has a lovely day and hopefully the weather will brighten up soon as I had just been getting used to spending time in the garden:roll: :roll: .

Moli
23-03-2009, 03:37 PM
The temp here has dropped to 1:shock: its bloomin freezin, just waiting for the sleet to go off and get the dogs out..Mollie is back to wearing her coat, much to her disgust!!..So much for spring!!!:roll:

Elaine
23-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Afternoon all.
Sleet and sunshine here today, it's freezing.
Took new client out today with one of my other dogs, new client was supposed to be dog aggressive, a puller on the lead and generally bad mannered. Have to say, I didnt witness any of that and he was a very well behaved little dog and is now a very tired little dog.
Got home, Eva complained that she wanted out, I knew she wouldnt like it but you have to show her before she will beleive you that the weather is not to her liking. cats eh???:roll: :lol:

dandysmom
23-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Afternoon, people. Not windy over here, sun but chillier than normal; Winter is hanging tough. But it didn't go below freezing last night so the magnolias are still blooming that I pass on the bus; lovely sight. To Safeway to pickup some stuff that was out of stock on my delivery...Leia must have her Grilled Beef, she told me very firmly. "She Who Must Be Obeyed"! (anyone still read H. Ryder Haggard?) Finally got potting soil so will do tomato, basil and pepper seeds today.

That's all the news here! Hope the poorly people and puses improve.....

MrsH
23-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Isn't it wonderful what you can find at the back of a drawer?

I found a handful of gardening vouchers that we'd totally forgotten about, so this afternoon we went off to the garden centre. Bought a new lawn rake (OH was too energetic with the old one at the weekend!) some dahlias, some new gloves and a hose connector - all effectively free!!

Must go and check other chests in the house now!

dandysmom
23-03-2009, 08:08 PM
What a nice surprise, MrsH! Hope there's something interesting lurking in the other chests!