PDA

View Full Version : People knocking doors

smudgley
18-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Ok, so it's Wed morning - I'm rushing around, getting kids to school, Lucy has a gymnastics competition to get to so had to go a little earlier, had to take Pumpnin to the vets at 9am as her spay wound has had a reaction to the internal stitches, little white cat has had a tummy explosion & I've bathed her and cleaned all my pens out.... then I come into the house to start work (working form home today) I fire up the laptop & "ding-dong".........So I open the door & there is a bloke (have seen him before) and a lady with a toddler in a puschair. My dog goes out onto the drive (our drive is long & door is on the side, so dog is on our property and a safe distance from any roads) Lady has mass panic attack & says "there's a dog... oh the baby" and wheelspins the buggy around so the baby is not facing the dog......In the meantime the bloke is trying to ask me about the meaning of life. I very nearly said, "this is my dog & my drive & if you weren't on it she wouldn't be anywhere near your baby now **** off" However I didn't, I just said "Sorry I am busy & not interested" Honestly that makes me so mad. They knock my door to discuss religion at 9.30am and worry about my dog, on my property who didn't even bark or care one stuff about the baby. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thankyou for reading my rant.....

And breathe Smudgley!

alexgirl73
18-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Completely agree!!! Now as you know, I'm a Christian, and I'm quite happy to talk to people about my religion, IF THEY WANT TO!!! I cannot understand for the life of me this whole knocking on peoples doors business. It is intrusive, and they don't like hearing the word no.

dinahsmum
18-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I won't describe exactly how angry this makes me - particularly the trailing round of the poor children.

But all 'door-knocking' annoys me. I have a perfectly good doorbell, thank you, which anyone using it can also hear. So why to these bloody 'change your power supplier etc' people still ring the bell and then THUMP, THUMP, THUMP on the door, as if there's a fire or some other emergency?

They don't get a warm welcome from me either.

Phoenix
18-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I just say "sorry not interested" and shut the door!

PoshPuss
18-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree. If the reason for this doorstepping is to gain more converts then they must realise by now they've been barking up the wrong tree ! They have got me out of bed after a night shift and I've answered the door in my dressing gown and they've not even apologised, just thrust a leaflet in my direction and GRINNED! GRRRR!
If they want me believe that they have found the secret to eternal happiness then I'll be showing them how bloody wrong they are !

yola
18-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm afraid they get short shrift from me too. I used to get them ALL the time; the jehovahs and also double glazing/plastic door peope. Both got told in no uncertain terms about my views - I'm never actually rude but quite forceful about my beliefs - and gradually they stopped coming.

Smudgely - I think that's the height of rudeness; insinuating your dog is dangerous when it's in its OWN drive!!!

dandysmom
18-03-2009, 04:51 PM
We don't get them as often as we used to, thank heaven! Mostly Jehovahs, I just say "Sorry, not interested" and close the door. Very annoying!

angieh
18-03-2009, 05:11 PM
We get the rehabilitation of offenders men around selling home cleaning type products. I have bought some things in the past, but my OH keeps telling me they're casing the joint. Does make me a bit worried.