PDA

View Full Version : Bright and breezy Monday

dinahsmum
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, it is bright and it is breezy - the archetypical washing day. One load done and another doing.

I'm not terribly bright. I've done the things I've been putting off - put away one feeding dish, picked up the random catnip mice (Bentley doesn't do mice; he's a ball boy!), washed the blankie thick with red hairs. They can all be got out again, of course, but ...

Sorry to start the week on a low. Over to you - please raise the mood.

Thinking of you Elaine and hoping your news is good news. Also mindful that angie's mood is not great at the mo - maybe the morning will be good for you?

meep
09-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Morning all!

Apologies for the random title, but I am definately in a 'meh' mood. Feel pretty awful; sinusy headache, first day of that time of the month so bloated and back-achey, bleary eyed and really quite exhausted despite a good night sleep. I think it might be allergies coming to the fore: hayfever, a wonder of spring!

I did, however, spring clean the flat for a grand total of 8 hours yesterday, 4 of which were spent on the bedroom. I didn't take photos in the end as if I'd left the ball of fur on the floor it would have either been eaten by Darcy or blown around, so had to put it in a black bag. But needless to say there was a LOT of it! And whilst the flat doesn't, at face value, look totally different as I keep it clean and neat normally, it feels so much fresher! Got the energy moving again, in feng sui terms it's a lot less stagnant. So it was a success! Although it leaves me feeling a bit miffed that I feel so rotten this morning due to allergies when I was spring-cleaning my heart out yesterday. Must be allergens from outside the flat.

A normal day here. Was planning on the gym at lunchtime but we'll see how my energy levels and sore head are. Hope everyone had a lovel weekend and is having a less 'meh' day than me!

meep
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Seems we're both feeling the same way DM, we started a Monday Daily at the same time on the same tone ;)

dinahsmum
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Aye - the planets must be badly aligned.

dinahsmum
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe a lunchtime gym session will perk you up?
And maybe you stirred up too many allergens when you were cleaning?
All together now, sing along "Things .... can only get better etc"

PoshPuss
09-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh DM I feel for you love :( but life must go on.
I'm doing a wash day too although I don't trust the weather enough to blow out on the line its looking very foxy. I have a dental appt later so knowing my luck I'll come home to soaked washing.

Posh is looking wistfully out of the conservatory window, she love to see things blowing around in the wind. A little bit of action for her :) when its warmer I'll def. put her on a harness and get her out there again. Found her snuggled down in the laundry basket yesterday on top of OH's smelly working coat, covered in feathers and bird stuff... sweet dreams Posh :D

have a nice day everyone, take care.

janey83
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Morning people,

Its my 1st day off for a week yay, I woke up at 9 so that's 4 hrs lie in I had, I could of stayed in for longer but my back was starting to ache!!!

Its cloudy with some slightly broken sky, looks windy too!

Ive just looked out the back window and seen Damian... Damian is a black bird in our garden, we call him Damian... We put loads of bread out for all the birds and Damian wont let his mates have any. He waits under the bushes and when another black bird lands Damien runs out and chases it off! Very strange, he wont chase the wood pigeons though...

This is still the same bird when Tigger was sat in his own garden relaxing, Damien would be about a metre away from him (A very dangerous position in my eyes lol) but Tigger wouldn't bother with the bird for some strange reason, Damien would be tweeting his head off shouting at Tigger to move lol.

Have a nice day all.

dandysmom
09-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Bright and blustery here also, March winds are doing their thing. Still milder than normal, 16 degrees now, should make 21. Rain tomorrow. Did the usual market run, did some more clearing in the garden and am about to have lunch shortly. My daffodils opened almost overnight with the two days of very warm weather; they look so bright and cheerful; also the hellebores are starting to open; will get a pic later.

DM, Meep, sorry you're feeling down, understandable; sending positive vibes. Hope Elaine's Dad is OK, and that Merlin is perkier. And Tinky Winky. Janey, Damien's a lucky bird! PP, hope Posh can get an airing soon.

Hope it's a good day for all.

angieh
09-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry for a late sign-in. I am feeling concerned about Merlin - he's not eating again. Just wish his usual vet was back from his holiday, but he has another week. I do trust the other vet he saw last week, but he doesn't have the mileage with Merlin and his ups and downs. I have thoroughly upset myself with reading bits on Tanya's CRF website.

I've taken some daffodil photos and will see what they look like when I load them - may post some pictures later if they look nice.

I keep wondering how Elaine's dad is and how she and her family are coping. ((((HUGS)))) to you DM - you know we are all with you in spirit. Meep - sounds as if you had a load of energy yesterday and have a lovely clean home at the expense of you feeling grotty today. I have heard that a teaspoon of honey a day can help to mitigate the symptoms of hayfever if you start now - why not give it a go if you can take honey?

Have a good day everyone.

meep
09-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Angie, sorry to hear you're worried about Merlin. I hope he perks up a wee bit, or that the replacement vet does all he can. I know what you mean about the other vet having the mileage though; thinking of you and Merlin this week.

Good plan on the spoonful of honey, although I believe it needs to be local so it has the local pollen or something in it. And I love honey so not a problem there!

Felt much perkier after muscle tone at lunchtime but a bit too tired now for boxfit afterwards. May just to go home and practice some Spanish, I bought a book on it at the weekend. Got some Shakira on the go at the moment to perk me up.

Just seen Elaine's thread, hope all is ok Elaine thinking of you. And DM, Chester was in my thoughts all weekend.

Tink
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hello, all.
Well my cold's gotten worse and this cough is driving me crazy. Also that time of the month..I'm trying to cheer myself but I honestly just feel "blah". It probably doesn't help that I woke to snow outside today too.
Today is ferret cage cleaning day today..will be doing their laundry and scrubbing litter boxes. Really don't feel up to it but it must be done.
Still waiting for some news to come in the post. Feeling a bit skeptical. Have no idea how long it takes for a letter from MD to reach WA but I'm getting impatient now. All I know is it was mailed Wednesday. (Eileen, have you ever sent anything to the west coast?)
Hoping the coffee will do its job and get me chipper and moving..still sitting here in my pajamas:lol:
Lovely day to all!

yola
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Grrrrr. I was hoping for a lovely 'me' evening as OH was planning to go our for a bite to eat with a friend. Said friend turned up - he's a lovely bloke - and both decided to pop out for a takeaway/bottle of wine and . . . bring it back here so I can share too!!!!

Bang goes my pedicure and surfing for summer clothes ;)

dandysmom
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Hello, all.
Well my cold's gotten worse and this cough is driving me crazy. Also that time of the month..I'm trying to cheer myself but I honestly just feel "blah". It probably doesn't help that I woke to snow outside today too.
Today is ferret cage cleaning day today..will be doing their laundry and scrubbing litter boxes. Really don't feel up to it but it must be done.
Still waiting for some news to come in the post. Feeling a bit skeptical. Have no idea how long it takes for a letter from MD to reach WA but I'm getting impatient now. All I know is it was mailed Wednesday. (Eileen, have you ever sent anything to the west coast?)
Hoping the coffee will do its job and get me chipper and moving..still sitting here in my pajamas:lol:
Lovely day to all!

Not recently, Tink, but seems as if it should be there by now! It only takes 5 days from here to the UK! Fingers crossed it will be there tomorrow.....:roll:

Tink
09-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Not recently, Tink, but seems as if it should be there by now! It only takes 5 days from here to the UK! Fingers crossed it will be there tomorrow.....:roll:

Thanks. The mailman hasn't shown up yet today. I sure hope an inch of snow isn't going to deter him:roll: Fingers crossed and well i just have to say "grrr". Okay feel a little better:lol: