PDA

View Full Version : Spotify: Free Music

meep
26-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to let you all know of a great new programme that I use everyday: Spotify.

Once you download the programme you can play almost any music from their catalogue for free. It's completely legit, as they have gained liscene permission (some artists aren't on their catalogue due to liscening constraints) but it's basically like an online radio station but you choose what you listen to! You can search artists, create your own playlists, and just play the music. Unlike other online radio stations, I've not had any problems with buffering or songs jolting due to them loading.

As I'm at my computer all day at work I just load up an artist or playlist I like and stick my headphones in. You can't download the songs, so you can't put them on your mp3 or ipod. The songs aren't there to buy. They're just accesible via your computer for free!

http://www.spotify.com

Normally if I wanted to listen to a song, I'd type it into youtube and stream the video, but that has definately since been replaced by Spotify :)

Enjoy!

Phoenix
26-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Looks a good site, meep. Thanks for sharing! :-D

Leesy
26-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for that Meep, will certainly have a look at that later;)

angieh
26-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Yes, thanks for the link meep. I do have trouble with buffering because our download speed is low. YouTube is a nightmare to watch because of that.

mattde
26-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Cool , I'll check that out.

random
26-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds like last fm?

angieh
26-02-2009, 10:09 PM
It's wonderful! I've registered and I am currently playing 60's rock (Spanish Harlem - Billy Strange with the Spanish brass - hardly what I'd call rock, but it's kinda nice). Guess I need to refine my categories at bit. Easy-peasy though and no buffering problems at all so far.

angieh
26-02-2009, 10:11 PM
That's better Around and Around - Rolling Stones! Excellent.

dandysmom
27-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Rats!!! It's not available yet in the States. I've signed up to be notified if and when .....