PDA

View Full Version : Jane Goody

Mags
14-02-2009, 01:22 PM
How very sad it was to read the news this morning that doctors have told Jade she only has months to live.:(

I really feel for her and her family, how on earth will she be able to explain what is happening, to her 4 and 5 year old sons?

It's so sad.....I know she wasn't popular with some people but I wouldn't wish this on anyone...:(

Stay brave Jade..

Elaine
14-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Very sad indeed. I cant imagine being faced with that kind of news.

dinahsmum
14-02-2009, 01:34 PM
I know very little of her, except that she is a media-manufactured and then media-destroyed person.
She is very young to have to cope with her situation - and I don't blame her using the self-same media again to amass money for her family. Maybe the publicity will make other young women stop and think about their lifestyles and their health.
I hope she is able to enjoy her remaining time.

niki71uk
14-02-2009, 03:09 PM
SORRY TO SPOIL THE THREAD BUT ITS "JADE" GOODY:roll:

dandysmom
14-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Could someone clue me in on this? What does she have?

niki71uk
14-02-2009, 05:39 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Jade-Goody-Told-By-Doctors-She-Is-Terminally-Ill-With-Cancer-Plans-To-Marry-Boyfriend-Jack-Tweed/Article/200902215223042?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_ 8&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15223042_Jade_Goody_Told_B y_Doctors_She_Is_Terminally_Ill_With_Cancer%2C_Pla ns_To_Marry_Boyfriend_Jack_Tweed

here DM

Mags
14-02-2009, 05:40 PM
She is a former TV Reality (Big Brother) star who made her name through appearing on the show.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6276279.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7890002.stm

niki71uk
14-02-2009, 05:43 PM
And More So For Dissing That Bollywood Star

Mags
14-02-2009, 05:45 PM
No matter what a person's personal thoughts are of her, no one should go through what she is going through right now.

dandysmom
14-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks, both. What a sad story and an unhappy life.

Kim
14-02-2009, 08:09 PM
No matter what a person's personal thoughts are of her, no one should go through what she is going through right now.

I absolutely agree Mags. A human life is life whoever it is.

I don't blame her for trying to get as much money as she can out of the situaiton, it won't be for her, it will be for her children, this is a selfless act as it can't be easy for her.

I hope she can be brave and enjoy whatever time she has left. :(

niki71uk
15-02-2009, 01:02 PM
why r they still showing her programme on thursday nite????? surely its not appropriate now its known she's not gonna live:o

Elaine
15-02-2009, 04:45 PM
why r they still showing her programme on thursday nite????? surely its not appropriate now its known she's not gonna live:o

I disagree, I think it is still apropriate to highlight the importance of regular screaning of cervical cancer for any woman of any age.

dandysmom
15-02-2009, 05:02 PM

Why? Money. The viewership will undoubtedly be up now .......

yola
15-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Jade Goody is by no means perfect. She has exploited the media in direct proportion to how it has exploited her. I am not in any way a fan of hers but I do have a bit of an admiration (and maybe morbid fascination) for her and the was she has chosen to live.

I was quite upset when I heard her initial diagnosis and genuinly upset when I read that it was now terminal. Having 2 small boys myself I can only begin to imagine what she must be experiencing.

I think she is very brave to have her last months televised - it's her choice. She's doing it to raise awareness for Cervical screening (something I have my life to thank for - if I hadn't had the test some years back I probably wouldn't be here now) and raising additional money to support her little boys when she's not here.

I take my hat off to her and may she find the strength to face the inevitable :(

janey83
15-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I cant begin to imagin what she's goin through, must be so tough for her knowing she's not gonna be here next year!

calismum
15-02-2009, 08:25 PM
I am not a huge Jade fan, but cannot help but feel for her and her family at this time.

Anything she can do to raise awareness can only be a good thing for women. I understand that she wants to raise as much finance for her kids as she can and perhaps the media frenzy is, in a way, helping her to cope.

One can only imagine how awful it must be for her.

Leesy
16-02-2009, 12:06 AM
It breaks my heart to hear of things like this happening to people, I could not and would not like to think of all the pain, anger, despair and worry for her children that is going through her head, she must be in peices.
It must be so devastating for her whole family espeicially her children:cry: , hope that she gets to spend as much time with them as is possible for her, it is so sad:cry: