PDA

View Full Version : Thursday daily

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Couldn't find one today, apologies if I've missed it! Where is everyone?

Happy Darwin's 200th birthday...I'm wearing my evolved fish tee today in honor of it! Sunny and 11 degrees here but howling winds; we've had a gust of 45 mph so far; worried about trees coming down and losing power. It was so windy when I was bringing in the trash bins that I decided to skip the market today and stay indoors. No news here; Leia has not found her dry food tin in the larder yet!

Hope all are well and having a good day!

janey83
12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Evening all or should I be saying afternoon to you DM?

Im about to go to my fellas. Im really tired today, not had a good nights sleep for the past 3 nights (my dreams wake me up!)

Ive only been workin today, oh and I went to the pub with my mum for our tea.

Enjoy the rest of the day people.

P.s. Its been really cold here today, think the highest was about 4c

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Winds still howling here...just had a gust of 57 mph! Hope you sleep better tonight, Janey!

Elaine
12-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Evening all.
What a bloody day, I've had.
Got the van stuck in snow, G had to come from his work and rescue me. Then while walking Toby, I went through ice and into a deep muddy puddle, resulting in wet feet all day. And now i realise I have parked up the van, several streets away, and have left my phone and fags sitting on the passenger seat, so will now have to get my boots back on and get them:roll:

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Poor Elaine! Not a good day at all, chum!

Elaine
12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Poor Elaine! Not a good day at all, chum!

Stoy of my life Eileen, story of my life....:-D

Moli
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Stoy of my life Eileen, story of my life....:-D
Just wondered Elaine, have you ever thought of getting a minder:roll::roll::lol:

Elaine
12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Its not a minder I need its a bloody gene in a bottle:lol:
I have pics of the van stuck in the middle of no mans land if you'd like to see them.

Kazz
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Well I have been to work now home thats it really I am cold and tired...off to bed see you tomorrow.

Moli
12-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Well I have been to work now home thats it really I am cold and tired...off to bed see you tomorrow.
Nite, nite Kazz......

Tink
12-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, on day two of quitting one of my meds per psych instructions. Raging headache I think from withdrawls. Averaging 13 hours sleep from increase in night time meds. See the psych next Tuesday for a talk about the effects and adjustments to medication. Don't know honestly how I'll get up for it as it's very early in the morning and I can't pry myself out of bed till 1pm..but it was the only time I could get a ride from my OH..still not driving.
A little worried I'll be going backwards..I think the way today goes will show which way we're leaning. Feel like a bum for the late starts in the day. A little demotivated as I kept on top of the chores yesterday only for OH to tear apart the house last night in a rage about losing his W-2 somewhere around here while doing his taxes. Really don't feel like cleaning up his mess but don't want weasels pooping on documents either.
Hoping for a good day...

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 11:26 PM
So sorry things aren't going well, Tink; hope they can get your meds adjusted so you'll feel normal again. Maybe things will improve later this afternoon and you feel a bit better. Did you find the W-2?

Mags
12-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Evening all.
What a bloody day, I've had.
Got the van stuck in snow, G had to come from his work and rescue me. Then while walking Toby, I went through ice and into a deep muddy puddle, resulting in wet feet all day. And now i realise I have parked up the van, several streets away, and have left my phone and fags sitting on the passenger seat, so will now have to get my boots back on and get them:roll:
Have you thought of getting yourself microchipped Elaine? ;)

Tink
13-02-2009, 01:10 AM
So sorry things aren't going well, Tink; hope they can get your meds adjusted so you'll feel normal again. Maybe things will improve later this afternoon and you feel a bit better. Did you find the W-2?

Thanks. I talked to psych's nurse today and told her what is happening. I have new adjustments per her instructions..again. Will just be touch and go until we find the proper solution.
And nope, no W-2. He's gonna try to get another one printed out from HR at work today...hopefully it's not a hassle.:roll:

dandysmom
13-02-2009, 03:04 AM
Thanks. I talked to psych's nurse today and told her what is happening. I have new adjustments per her instructions..again. Will just be touch and go until we find the proper solution.
And nope, no W-2. He's gonna try to get another one printed out from HR at work today...hopefully it's not a hassle.:roll:

Shoudn't be. I did payroll for several years before moving into accounts receivable and people were constantly losing their W-2s!! That was many years before computers, but all I had to do was type out a new one.

Hope the med adjustments work out. Got order confirmation today on new jeans order. How are the girls?

Tink
13-02-2009, 05:05 AM
The girls are being good..got them this new food and it is a little expensive but they are wolfing it down with such vigor think i'll have to make room in my monthly budget to keep buying it
http://www.bluebuff.com/products/cats/wilderness-cat.shtml

dandysmom
13-02-2009, 04:51 PM
That's an interesting link; unfortunately it's dry, and I avoid giving Leia more than a tiny bit of dry (although she prefers it) because of cystitis. I wish they made a wet one, would try it, although shes definitely NOT an active cat!

Mags
13-02-2009, 06:44 PM
That's an interesting link; unfortunately it's dry, and I avoid giving Leia more than a tiny bit of dry (although she prefers it) because of cystitis. I wish they made a wet one, would try it, although shes definitely NOT an active cat!
They do chicken and turkey in cans Eileen.......also a gourmet canned food .......

http://www.bluebuff.com/products/cats/wilderness-cat-cans.shtml

http://www.bluebuff.com/products/cats/healthy-gourmet.shtml

dandysmom
13-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Mags! They carry them at a fairly nearby Petco, think I'll try the Gourmet Flaked Chicken and the Wilderness chicken, see if she likes them!

Phoenix
13-02-2009, 09:07 PM
We got held up in traffic a lot on the way back from college! 4 and a half hours it took on a quarter of an hour journey!

dandysmom
13-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Traffic is bad everywhere! They were doing road work on part of the bus route this morning; a real mess; took about 10 minutes to go two blocks!